Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joey Votto

Joey Votto

A few questions about Bats 1B/LF Joey Votto.

1) Should he be up with the Reds now?

2) Who would you rather have at 1st base right now, Votto or Hatteberg?

3) Are the Reds wasting their time trying him at LF?

4) What does Votto need to work on to become a better baseball player?

5) When is the latest date that you feel he will be with the Reds?

What do you all think?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Joey Votto

Quote Originally Posted by neelm View Post
    A few questions about Bats 1B/LF Joey Votto.

1) Should he be up with the Reds now? yes

2) Who would you rather have at 1st base right now, Votto or Hatteberg? Votto

3) Are the Reds wasting their time trying him at LF? Kind of

4) What does Votto need to work on to become a better baseball player? "The little things"

5) When is the latest date that you feel he will be with the Reds? July 23.

What do you all think?

I think once Dunn is traded Votto will play LF, there I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    I agree. 4 days in a row in LF is more then trying to make him more versatile. When Dunn is traded, Votto will be in LF.

Although I will say this, I would rather us trade Griffey and keep Dunn then the other way around,
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I think this is Wayne hiding under a username to see if he should call him up.

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    thats a no brainer

I thought a goal was to upgrade the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    I thought a goal was to upgrade the defense.
    Looks to me like the goal is to be low budget. Votto in LF and exercise Hatte's option for $1.85 Million. Dunn gets moved for the best "makes the minimum" return possible,
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Looks to me like the goal is to be low budget. Votto in LF and exercise Hatte's option for $1.85 Million. Dunn gets moved for the best "makes the minimum" return possible,
    You could do that by getting rid of Hatt.

I think they're going to trade Dunn this week, call up Votto, play him in left for a few weeks until they can work out a trade for Hatteberg. They're just playing him there now so when he has to play left for the Reds for a few weeks he doesn't look totally lost. This is not for the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    You could do that by getting rid of Hatt.
    If you're trying to be cheap you keep Hatte and Votto and let Dunn go. Votto goes to LF to replace Dunn because it saves more money than staying at 1B and replacing Hatte.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

1) Should he be up with the Reds now? Yes

2) Who would you rather have at 1st base right now, Votto or Hatteberg? Votto, we need to start planning for next year.

3) Are the Reds wasting their time trying him at LF? Sort of.

4) What does Votto need to work on to become a better baseball player? Defence at FIRST.

5) When is the latest date that you feel he will be with the Reds? June 21st.

1) Should he be up with the Reds now? No. While I believe Votto is ready to play at the big league level, it doesn't make much sense to bring him up until you can give him significant playing time. I'm OK with letting the Reds showcase Hatteburg for the time being and then bringing up Votto when Hatteburg is traded.

2) Who would you rather have at 1st base right now, Votto or Hatteberg? Hatteburg. While I'd rather see Votto playing 1B, it's important to maximize the return on Hatteburg and you can't do that with him riding the pine.

3) Are the Reds wasting their time trying him at LF? Yes.

4) What does Votto need to work on to become a better baseball player? Improve his D at 1B.

5) When is the latest date that you feel he will be with the Reds? Trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    If you're trying to be cheap you keep Hatte and Votto and let Dunn go. Votto goes to LF to replace Dunn because it saves more money than staying at 1B and replacing Hatte.
    Putting Votto at first and then getting a cheaper LF is more likely. We already have inhouse candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Putting Votto at first and then getting a cheaper LF is more likely. We already have inhouse candidates.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him play LF this year to get ML expierence with the bat, and go back to 1B next year.

I don't see the point in that, but it wouldn't surprise me. I did, however, hear on ESPN tonight during the Yankees game that the Yanks have some interest in Hatteberg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?