Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Masters

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: The Masters

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I don't watch golf (or any other sport) because they are nice guys or great sportsman. Sorry. I want to see drama and great shots. And honestly, if I was THAT good at something (aside from Super Tecmo Bowl of course, where I would OWN anyone on this board), I would be kind of an arrogant jerk too.
    IMO, blowing off charity appearances is bush league, and then offering the explanation of what equated to essentially "I didn't feel like showing up" is awesome.

His "slave" comment about the Ryder Cup still rubs me the wrong way, and probably will for awhile.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think Improbus was talking about the TW article Highlifeman.

While I don't watch any sport looking for the sportsmanship, I certainly appreciate it. It's kind of sad that I "appreciate" people who are at the bottom line polite.

Sorry, I was talking more in a general sense. Blowing off charity events is not cool and I was not aware of that.

I'm not going to root for the Pol Pot of golf, but I'm not going to root against someone because they are a little salty. It is not their job to be nice guys. It is their job to hit great bunker shots.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Sorry, I was talking more in a general sense. Blowing off charity events is not cool and I was not aware of that.

I'm not going to root for the Pol Pot of golf, but I'm not going to root against someone because they are a little salty. It is not their job to be nice guys. It is their job to hit great bunker shots.
    Excellent Pot Pot reference!

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post

I love how he tried to cover his sorry butt in this interview. Which is it, Hunter? Can't have your cake and eat it too...
    You can't eat your cake and have it to...you can infact have your can and eat it too

Sorry pet peeve

At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing a Sunday shootout between Perry and Campbell.

Angel Cabrera is close enough right now to make it interesting, but unless someone shoots 64 tomorrow, this is a 3 horse race.

I've got a couple questions about this Masters.

First is Kenny Perry trying to imitate Charles Barkely with his swing?

And second, why is Phil Mckelson wearing Shingo Katayama's shirts? I realize he's lost some weight, but he's still fat and no one needs to see that when they're trying to enjoy their weekend.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing a Sunday shootout between Perry and Campbell.

Angel Cabrera is close enough right now to make it interesting, but unless someone shoots 64 tomorrow, this is a 3 horse race.
    Furyk to -9 now.

There is a good chance that Tiger and Phil will be playing together tomorrow.

I like watching Kenny Perry- he swings like the rest of use.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I like watching Kenny Perry- he swings like the rest of use.
    The thing is, his swing is great. Yes, he has a couple of hitches, but his shoulders turn so level it's ridiculous. The way he clears he has almost no chance of hitting the ball right.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

What I like about Perry's swing is that he is not coming out of his shoes like the younger guys, yet he's just as long. A couple years ago, I had a terrible sciatica flare up, so I found the only way to swing a club was to flatten out, a lot like he does. It was a fortunate discovery- I hit the ball much better that way.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    The thing is, his swing is great. Yes, he has a couple of hitches, but his shoulders turn so level it's ridiculous. The way he clears he has almost no chance of hitting the ball right.
    In slow motion it looks great, I just think it's funny to watch him hit in real time because he's got a little bit of jerkiness and I can't help but think of Barkley.

Bold prediction:

Stricker, Sabbatini or Katayama win this thing.

Safe prediction:

Angel Cabrera adds another major to his resume.

I was really surprised how Chad Campbell rowed the boat home. Dude gave back 3 shots, although maybe him not playing with Kenny Perry on Sunday might be a good thing for the both of them.

Bold prediction:

Stricker, Sabbatini or Katayama win this thing.

Safe prediction:

Angel Cabrera adds another major to his resume.

I was really surprised how Chad Campbell rowed the boat home. Dude gave back 3 shots, although maybe him not playing with Kenny Perry on Sunday might be a good thing for the both of them.
    I don't know, he finished bogey, bogey on Saturday too.

Tiger and Phil are paired together. I'd really like to see them both play well and possibly push each other to low numbers.

Tiger will win his first major after trailing through 54.

Turn Off Ads?