Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do in Dayton

Re: What to do in Dayton

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Nice gals can be found anywhere. You may have to look harder in some places though.
    Plenty of nice gals in Dayton. Great personalities.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I don't doubt it.

I don't know how many of you care, but I just heard that the Nite Owl closed. I didn't go up to Dayton too often, but that was one of the places I enjoyed going to.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    That means they're ugly doesn't it?
    SECOND PLACE DOESN'T CONCERN ME

Quote Originally Posted by smoke6 View Post
    That means they're ugly doesn't it?

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure you have a great personality too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    - My knowledge of UD bars is 25 years stale. Is The Shed still down there?
    The Shed was purchased and remodeled by Greg Gels, UD alum and former UD football player, circa 1995 or so. The bar became known as The Fieldhouse, and it's the big night spot for UD students. And yes, they did get rid of the famous Shed couches.

A lot has changed on Brown Street over the last 5 years. They've torn down a ton of old buildings, and they now have Chipotle, Panera Bread, and other small shops where things like Submarine Alley, Arby's, and Submarine House used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    The Shed was purchased and remodeled by Greg Gels, UD alum and former UD football player, circa 1995 or so. The bar became known as The Fieldhouse, and it's the big night spot for UD students. And yes, they did get rid of the famous Shed couches.

A lot has changed on Brown Street over the last 5 years. They've torn down a ton of old buildings, and they now have Chipotle, Panera Bread, and other small shops where things like Submarine Alley, Arby's, and Submarine House used to be.
    I remember the Shed had a stuffed sleeping dog lying by the fireplace. Many a drunk would go over the dog and pet it and say "good doggie".

I worked at the Red Barn Chicken next door to the Shed circa 1972 (yes, I'm old). Soaked up a lot of suds at the Shed, Timothy's, etc. etc.

Building Chipotle, Panera Bread, etc. aroud college campuses seems rampant these days.

And I married a Dayton girl too (actually a Kettering girl but close enough).
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I once made it with a very attractive girl from Vandalia. Poor personality, though.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I once made it with a very attractive girl from Vandalia. Poor personality, though.
    Outside the city limits does not count.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    A change for the better... times 100. The Submarine House is still there (and 2nd Time Around). A lot more places to eat (the above-mentioned plus Penn Station, Potbelly Sandwiches, Jimmy Johns, some Noodle place, another pizza place, another Chipolte type place, etc). Milanos has also been re-built and is much nicer.

Perhaps a visit to the Love Boutique on Keowee St.?

There's always Diamonds.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Thanks for the input. Looks like I will take a book to read by the hotel pool and go see a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Thanks for the input. Looks like I will take a book to read by the hotel pool and go see a movie.
    Check the Nutter center and see if they have any entertainment (concerts etc.) scheduled during your time in Dayton, take in the Fair Field Commons Mall, or you could drive on up to Springfield and see what nothing to do really looks like. Some think that the Oregon district is interesting, are the Bats in town, take a look at Fifth Third Field.

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/

http://www.nuttercenter.com/

http://www.oregondistrict.org/

http://www.riverbendtf.com/image_gal...ial/Culps.html

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguid...-sort-distance
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 05-23-2008 at 02:40 PM.

Turn Off Ads?