Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Louisville Bats roster

2009 Louisville Bats roster

The Louisville roster still hasn't been posted yet but we're starting to get a pretty good idea of what it should look like. IMO, these are the locks:

Homer Bailey, Matt Maloney, Ramon Ramirez, Ben Jukich, Sam Lecure, Carlos Fisher, Josh Roenicke, Pedro Viola, Bill Bray, Robert Manuel.

Craig Tatum, Wilkin Castillo.

Chris Valaika, Adam Rosales, Luis Bolivar, Danny Richar, Wes Bankston.

Drew Stubbs, Danny Dorn, Jonny Gomes, Drew Anderson, Norris Hopper.

That's my best guess. That's 22 spots right there, which leaves three. My guess is two go to Pettyjohn and Kennard. The other spot will probably go to an infielder.

I'll post the official roster when I see it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2009 Louisville Bats roster

Daryl Thompson? Kevin Barker? Justin Mallett? Miguel Dejesus?

Haven't seen those on the other rosters.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

According to the louisville newpaper:

Catchers: Craig Tatum, Wilkin Castillo, Brian Peterson
    Infielders: Luis Bolivar, Danny Richar, Adam Rosales, Chris Valaika, Kevin Barker, Danny Dorn
    Outfielders: Johnny Gomes, Norris Hopper, Drew Stubbs, Wes Bankston
    Pitchers: Homer Bailey, Bill Bray, Carlos Fisher, Ben Jukish, Jeff Kennard, Sam LeCure, Justin Mallett, Matt Maloney, Robert Manuel, Adam Pettyjohn, Ramon Ramirez, Josh Roenicke, Pedro Viola

There are two players over roster limit here, so I'd guess that Peterson will be sent down, along with Viola. Drew T. Anderson is not here, so I guess he was released, good luck to him finding a new team, I think he can be a fifth outfielder in the bigs, in fact, I'd rather have him than nix with the reds. Daryl Thompson is also missing, is he on the dl, or at AA. I don't know why Danny Dorn is an infielder and Bankston an oufielder. Bankston could platoon with barker at first, and play a position he is much more famelier with, and Dorn could start in the outfield, where he has a better chance of making the reds, but Bankston will get the outfield playing time, while the lefty Dorn backs up Barker, who is also a lefty, at first.
    Last edited by batsfan; 04-09-2009 at 08:37 AM.

Who's this Johnny Gomes guy? Is he a prospect I should keep an eye? Lets hope the Reds bring him up ASAP, cause it would be mighty nice to be able to go to him on the bench late in the game rather than Donald Mcdonald or Laynce Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Daryl Thompson? Kevin Barker? Justin Mallett? Miguel Dejesus?

Haven't seen those on the other rosters.
    Daryl Thompson is expected to stay down in extended spring training for a couple weeks and then join Louisville later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomo88 View Post
    According to the louisville newpaper:

Catchers: Craig Tatum, Wilkin Castillo, Brian Peterson
    Infielders: Luis Bolivar, Danny Richar, Adam Rosales, Chris Valaika, Kevin Barker, Danny Dorn
    Outfielders: Johnny Gomes, Norris Hopper, Drew Stubbs, Wes Bankston
    Pitchers: Homer Bailey, Bill Bray, Carlos Fisher, Ben Jukish, Jeff Kennard, Sam LeCure, Justin Mallett, Matt Maloney, Robert Manuel, Adam Pettyjohn, Ramon Ramirez, Josh Roenicke, Pedro Viola

There are two players over roster limit here, so I'd guess that Peterson will be sent down, along with Viola. Drew T. Anderson is not here, so I guess he was released, good luck to him finding a new team, I think he can be a fifth outfielder in the bigs, in fact, I'd rather have him than nix with the reds. Daryl Thompson is also missing, is he on the dl, or at AA. I don't know why Danny Dorn is an infielder and Bankston an oufielder. Bankston could platoon with barker at first, and play a position he is much more famelier with, and Dorn could start in the outfield, where he has a better chance of making the reds, but Bankston will get the outfield playing time, while the lefty Dorn backs up Barker, who is also a lefty, at first.
    Thompson is in extended spring training and won't join Louisville for a couple weeks. As for Viola, he won't be sent down. The Carolina roster is now full. It looks like the Reds have scrapped the plan of starting Viola and instead will use him out of the bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Thompson is in extended spring training and won't join Louisville for a couple weeks. As for Viola, he won't be sent down. The Carolina roster is now full. It looks like the Reds have scrapped the plan of starting Viola and instead will use him out of the bullpen.
    Do you know which two players will not make the roster?

Quote Originally Posted by phantomo88 View Post
    Do you know which two players will not make the roster?
    My best guess is Brian Peterson and Jeff Kennard.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    My best guess is Brian Peterson and Jeff Kennard.
    I'm suprised they are not yet cut. I assume they must be before first pitch tonight...

In the past few years, the Louisville roster has been mostly filled with a couple prospects here and there and the rest were AAAA types. This year's team is mostly filled with young talent.

On offense, Drew Stubbs, Chris Valaika, Danny Dorn, and Adam Rosales are all prospects. Craig Tatum, Wilkin Castillo, Danny Richar, and Wes Bankston are all lesser prospects, but worth following. Plus there's Jonny Gomes.

The pitching staff is full of prospects. Homer Bailey, Carlos Fisher, Pedro Viola, Josh Roenicke, Sam Lecure, Matt Maloney, Robert Manuel...Bill Bray isn't considered a prospect but he's only 25 years old.

This Louisville team should be fun to follow.

Batting order?
    1. Stubbs CF
    2. Valaika 2B
    3. Dorn 1B/ DH/ LF
    4. Barker 1B/ DH
    5. Rosales 3B
    6. Gomes LF
    7. Bankston RF
    8. Tatum C
    9. Bolivar SS

I still think Valaika plays a bunch of SS and Dorn ends up in LF. He'll also go 300/365/520.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Batting order?
    1. Stubbs CF
    2. Valaika 2B
    3. Dorn 1B/ DH/ LF
    4. Barker 1B/ DH
    5. Rosales 3B
    6. Gomes LF
    7. Bankston RF
    8. Tatum C
    9. Bolivar SS

I still think Valaika plays a bunch of SS and Dorn ends up in LF. He'll also go 300/365/520.

Bolivar over Richar?

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. And Bolivar hit better in Spring Training. That's my bet, at least.

Roster is up!

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...=true&sid=t416

Where is Mallett? I hope he was not released for Kennard!

Tyler Pelland is listed on the roster. Maybe he didn't retire after all?

Where is Pedro Viola? He was on the roster listed in the Louisville newspaper.

Turn Off Ads?