Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Reds Home Attendance

2010 Reds Home Attendance

13,000 for a game against the Dodgers? That's embarrassing.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Red's Attendance

agreed.
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

thats what happens when you have 9 straight losing seasons...factor in a tough economic time.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    thats what happens when you have 9 straight losing seasons...factor in a tough economic time.
    Times are just as tough in Milwaukee and the Brewers aren't exactly the Yankees in terms of performance, but they consistently put 35,000 people in their park.

Just realized tonight's crowd was the largest of the series. Ouch!

I have hit on this in the past.....fans will say when we start playing winning baseball then I will start going to more games.....bottom line is this, if we dont start going to the park, we are never going to get that extra bat....Reds fans are some of the worse in the NL when it comes to putting butts in the seats.....we need to follow more of the Brewers lead, not sure how they do it but we need to hit 20k every night regardless of who we are playing...if we do that day in and day out, the FO will have no issue adding a big bat or big Pitcher to the roster......but we have to add salary before we are going to be consistent playoff contenders. and to add salary, we need to add fans in the seats.

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    ...fans will say when we start playing winning baseball then I will start going to more games...
    Exactly. It's the old 'chicken and the egg' syndrome.

I'm a displaced Reds fan living in Milwaukee. It is amazing what goes on at Miller Park each home game. Large crowds and unbelievable energy and participation. The Brewers are no better than the Reds, but for whatever reason, the fan base here has never given up on them.

I have hit on this in the past.....fans will say when we start playing winning baseball then I will start going to more games.....bottom line is this, if we dont start going to the park, we are never going to get that extra bat....Reds fans are some of the worse in the NL when it comes to putting butts in the seats.....we need to follow more of the Brewers lead, not sure how they do it but we need to hit 20k every night regardless of who we are playing...if we do that day in and day out, the FO will have no issue adding a big bat or big Pitcher to the roster......but we have to add salary before we are going to be consistent playoff contenders. and to add salary, we need to add fans in the seats.
    The Brewers do it cause they have made a couple of legit playoffs runs recently. All we need is one playoff appearance and the city of cincinnati will go baseball crazy again.

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    The Brewers do it cause they have made a couple of legit playoffs runs recently. All we need is one playoff appearance and the city of cincinnati will go baseball crazy again.
    agreed. My girlfriend and I bought $5 tickets and sat down 3rd base line. She got her picture of Manny and I got to watch my Reds win. I love the $5 tickets and will buy them every time. But i want to be forced to sit in the seats I paid for because the stadium is full. It was fun because we kept score and the reds won, but fan participation, not much there. It was a dead game. We need people in the seat to bring electric to the ballpark.
    "Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano. "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Harris in Major League (1989)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Agreed

I have hit on this in the past.....fans will say when we start playing winning baseball then I will start going to more games.....bottom line is this, if we dont start going to the park, we are never going to get that extra bat....Reds fans are some of the worse in the NL when it comes to putting butts in the seats.....we need to follow more of the Brewers lead, not sure how they do it but we need to hit 20k every night regardless of who we are playing...if we do that day in and day out, the FO will have no issue adding a big bat or big Pitcher to the roster.
    You've got your thinking all backwards.

You think the owner of the reds cant afford to add an extra bat or big pitcher.

Its just like any business. You have to invest more to make more. It doesnt work backwards.

It's a matter of allure and how much there is to do in the city. In Milwaukee, you know they've got nothing better to do up there, and it's a nice, relatively new ballpark. Similarly, I live in San Diego and go to a bunch of Padre games -- and the reason the Pads get a decent crowd, even on down years is because of the allure of the ballpark. San Diego has fairweather fans, most of which don't pay attention to the game, but the fact that they play in a new ballpark, in the heart of downtown, surrounded by bars and other fun stuff brings fans to the game.

I've also been to Great American Ballpark, and I liked it a lot. But it doesn't have the festive, 'night on the town' type feel that San Diego or other ballparks have.

The sad truth is that the only thing that will put Reds fans in the seats is a winning ballclub. Until we as fans see significant improvement or potential, it will still be like 11,000 every night. As much as I'd love to go to a bunch of Reds game, I live in San Diego, so all of you guys who are slacking....GET ON IT!!!! GO REDLEGS!!!!

Attendance For Our First 1st Place Game

Are you kidding me? I figured atleast the bandwagon fans would show up tonight!

Re: Attendance For Our First 1st Place Game

The weather probably had a lot to do with it.

Yep, and weather is supposed to terrible again tomorrow. Mother nature really isn't cooperating with the Reds so far this year. I'm really sick of rainy, damp, cold weather.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    The weather probably had a lot to do with it.
    Yea, but still a crappy number. I was hoping for atleast 14,000. Maybe for the day game tomorrow we will draw better.

Turn Off Ads?