Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardinals To Sign A.J. Pierzynski

Re: Cardinals To Sign A.J. Pierzynski

The Devil went down to St. Louis he was looking for more souls to sign deals..... A. J. zynski shows up and says "Lucifer, I will take that deal"

Cue the Charlie Daniels violins.

2. Likes:

Hoosier Red (07-28-2014),toledodan (07-26-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Granted, you have to consider the sources, but these kinds of things keep getting reported about him:

http://deadspin.com/red-sox-dfa-a-j-...out-1602887707

I'm not disagreeing with you that AJ could be cancer, but deadspin isn't a real source.

He's currently batting .500 for the Cardinals. Of course.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by LewGra View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you that AJ could be cancer, but deadspin isn't a real source.
    Umm, ok.

The source is Rob Bradford with WEEI Boston, which you would have known from reading the article.

Anyways, clubhouse cancer blah blah blah. He was stuck on what turned out to be a bad team. Some people hate losing more than they love winning. If he's a "cancer" he'll be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    He's currently batting .500 for the Cardinals. Of course.
    Against the Cubs... in 2 starts. Don't get too excited (or miffed) just yet.
    I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher.
    -Rogers Hornsby

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelhouse View Post
    A perfect fit of player personality and team! Phillips re-validated every year...

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/0...ierzynski.html
    No worries, he will be assimilated into their culture and trained in how to play the game the "right way."

9. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (07-28-2014)

I think their pitchers are probably used to having low strikes get called strikes and some of their difficult pitches blocked, so there might be a problem shortly even if he hits.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

http://www.hardballtimes.com/tht-liv...rzynski-trade/

In fact, the first sign that Pierzysnki might be a problem for San Francisco came immediately after the trade’s announcement. To say the Twins players were happy with it would be an understatement. This went beyond the classic, “Great trade! Who’d we get?” reaction. The players all but united to form a giant conga line across Minnesota. My goodness they hated that man

12. Likes:

reds44 (07-28-2014),RedTeamGo! (07-28-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    I think their pitchers are probably used to having low strikes get called strikes and some of their difficult pitches blocked, so there might be a problem shortly even if he hits.
    Pierzynski is one of the best pitch-blockers in baseball this year. Though his pitch-framing skills are pretty pedestrian.
    Last edited by ac084c; 07-28-2014 at 10:55 AM.
    I don't like to sound egotistical, but every time I stepped up to the plate with a bat in my hands, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the pitcher.
    -Rogers Hornsby

I haven't seen this much Cardinal Envy in one thread in quite some time.

I hate the Cardinals too...don't get me wrong. But all they do is go out, get the players they need, and win championships.

The Reds players were REALLY hoping for some mid-season help from Bob and Walt. They didn't get it. So now they are mailing it in because they don't think they have the horses to finish the race. And they are correct. Heisey-Shumacher-Pena just ain't gonna get it done.

When was the last time the Reds even won a playoff series? 1995? Those silly Cardinals have only been to the World Series a lousy 4 times since 1995.

I guess it makes everyone feel better to poke fun at what the Cardinals are doing. But to me, it looks like the same thing they have been doing every other year. Making moves to win championships. But hey...as a lifelong Reds and Bengals fan, I get it:

Some teams find a way. Other teams find a way to make excuses.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

15. Likes:

Crumbley (07-28-2014),IntheCards (08-06-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by ac084c View Post
    Pierzynski is one of the best pitch-blockers in baseball. Though his pitch-framing skills are pretty pedestrian.
    He sure didn't look like one of the best pitch-blockers in baseball the first few months of this season.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    He sure didn't look like one of the best pitch-blockers in baseball the first few months of this season.
    He ranks 4th in PBWP (Passed Ball Wild Pitch) runs saved in 2014 behind only Carlos Ruiz, Anthony Recker, and Jonathon Lucroy according to Baseball Prospectus.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/so...hp?cid=1667631
    -Rogers Hornsby

Quote Originally Posted by ac084c View Post
    He ranks 4th in PBWP (Passed Ball Wild Pitch) runs saved in 2014 behind only Carlos Ruiz, Anthony Recker, and Jonathon Lucroy according to Baseball Prospectus.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/so...hp?cid=1667631
    That's interesting, I guess I have to take their word for it, but I just didn't see it.

Who in the hell is Anthony Recker?

20. Likes:

reds44 (07-28-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Who in the hell is Anthony Recker?
    Catcher for the Mets. This list includes all Catchers - not just batting-title-qualified ones.
    -Rogers Hornsby

Turn Off Ads?