Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I guess I'm technically a season ticket holder now.

Stat geek...and proud

I guess I'm technically a season ticket holder now.

I just bought a "Baker's Dozen" package. 13 games will be my most ever in one season. I usually only do 4 or 5. I'm taking the plunge, and if I have fun, and I know I will, I'll probably do it next year too.

I'd get a 20 game package if I didn't live so far away.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I guess I'm technically a season ticket holder now.

Is it bad that I consider your package name a bad sign for the state of the franchise? Naming a package after your inept manager seems like a good way of saying that he will be in town for a lil while longer. Anyway, enjoy your package. Season tickets are a great summer tradition and you'll enjoy it.

The term "Baker's Dozen" has been around a lot longer than the toothpick has. Just the Reds haven't used it.

Right, but didn't the Reds adopt it because of Baker? I realize that Baker's Dozen wasn't created because of Dusty. I figured that marketing would use that as a cute double entendre to sell tickets.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Baseball Lover View Post
    Is it bad that I consider your package name a bad sign for the state of the franchise?
    Yeah, I cringed when I saw the name too.

Don't forget you get some extra perks at future Reds Fest events, if you ever make it down for that. Some of the autograph sessions are for season ticket holders only.

Do you have to buy the half season package before you get access to opening days tickets?
    ----------
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, he would have given us stomachs." - David Daye

Sounds to me like your a mini-package holder
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Stat geek...and proud

Well, I figure I'll up this thread, because I don't know how they do this, because I've never done it before, but I haven't received any tickets yet. Do they send them closer to the open of the season, or are they possibly lost in the mail and I should make some phone calls?

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Well, I figure I'll up this thread, because I don't know how they do this, because I've never done it before, but I haven't received any tickets yet. Do they send them closer to the open of the season, or are they possibly lost in the mail and I should make some phone calls?
    Same thing here. Got the Reds powerpack and haven't received any tickets.

Stat geek...and proud

Ok, good, makes me feel better about the situation. If I don't have anything by mid-March I'll call them.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

if I lived in Cincinnati I'd probably buy all 81 home games but being a Columbus guy I've got to pick and choose my 10 or 15 games in addition to Opening Day....

Good for you. Hope the crowds reach the 30s and 40 thousands all summer. We need the fans to get out and support this team this year.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Man, as much fun as it sounds, huge time and money commitment!! I got college basketball season tix this year, and it has worn me down! The time is crazy by time do travel, park, get there ahead of time, game, get back to car, get home, extra 2-3 hours over game time. Adding on parking, gas, concessions at game, we spent at least $30 each game as well above ticket cost. I did have Durham Bulls season tix one year, and loved it, but lived in walking distance of hte stadium, so it cut down on the pains for me.
    If I was retired I would love to do a baseball package though, more games, but feel it would be better then other sports-great weather, outside, and hell, its baseball. Would really love to go to AZ for all of ST when I am retired. Enjoy it!!
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I got two 20 game packages, 40 games total, out in the bleachers. 20 in section 404 and 20 in 403. I just recieved my ticket books. Looking forward to a great season. The reason for two packages was more games I was interested in by combining the two packages verse the 40 game package. (all 81 is a bit much I love going to games but.... I also do other things such as work, vacation and family). Anyway I am looking forward to a great season and getting to as many games as I can. Unfortunately there are games that I have tickets for and will not be able to go. (out of town on vacation etc.) So I am wondering if there is a way to do a ticket trade on here. I am not looking to scalp/profit on tickets but if I could find people with other packages or tickets that are in the same boat as me for some games they can not make, maybe we could swap tickets and both make it to more games or games we are more interested in seeing. (I only have one Mets game and one phillies tickets. I moved out here from NY and went to school near philly and go to the shore every summer...) So just an idea anyone else interested? Again I want this to be friendly helping each other out trade a tic type thing not a another place to buy/sell tickets. Stub hub already exists. Thanks for replying either positive or forget it. Thanks again, Rick

Turn Off Ads?