Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Great Lineup Finally Constructed By Dusty

Re: Great Lineup Finally Constructed By Dusty

Quote Originally Posted by faffy42 View Post
    Agree that moving mes up was good...but still don't get dusty writing in a weak bat at #2.

as you saw today, dusty loves to bunt the leadoff hitter over => he needs a guy that can bunt (robinson can do it)

thereīs the strategy behind his lineup... I donīt share his opinion, but I can understand that for him the lineup makes sence...

on the other hand, we donīt have the ideal #2 hitter (beside votto)...

2. Likes:

westofyou (08-06-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    as you saw today, dusty loves to bunt the leadoff hitter over => he needs a guy that can bunt (robinson can do it)

thereīs the strategy behind his lineup... I donīt share his opinion, but I can understand that for him the lineup makes sence...

on the other hand, we donīt have the ideal #2 hitter (beside votto)...
    Exactly, #2 us a bat control guy for Dusty, it's like Jim Leyland in the early 90s (not really go look up jay Bell)

But that's NL ball for sure and as runs go down folks will need to get used to that probably occurring from time to time

Welcome to my youth guys... runs is hard to get

5. Likes:

Big Klu (08-07-2013),reds44 (08-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    It is kind of neat to watch Frazier put up nearly identical numbers to Rolen's last year and not take 1/100th of the grief.
    Possibility: Frazier was great last year because he's better in a limited role than as an everyday starter?

I know, blasphemy. Dusty started Frazier a year too late.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Exactly, #2 us a bat control guy for Dusty, it's like Jim Leyland in the early 90s (not really go look up jay Bell)

But that's NL ball for sure and as runs go down folks will need to get used to that probably occurring from time to time

Welcome to my youth guys... runs is hard to get
    Cozart and Arroyo are currently tied for the NL lead in sacrifice bunts. So that supports your theory.

Mes gets moved up in the lineup. It's what many have been clamoring for over the past two months. I'll take it, and hope it sticks.

And I'm fine with Hannahan getting more starts against RHP. His glove is a tick above Frazier's and the bat can't be too far behind at this point and it's certainly not as bad as many here make it out to be.

9. Likes:

redsrule2500 (08-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Mes gets moved up in the lineup. It's what many have been clamoring for over the past two months. I'll take it, and hope it sticks.

And I'm fine with Hannahan getting more starts against RHP. His glove is a tick above Frazier's and the bat can't be too far behind at this point and it's certainly not as bad as many here make it out to be.
    Have people been clamoring for Rocco to be moved up? I thought they just wanted him to get playing time.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    It is kind of neat to watch Frazier put up nearly identical numbers to Rolen's last year and not take 1/100th of the grief.
    Grass Is Greener Syndrome

Haven't seen the lineup yet, but Jamie Ramsey just tweeted Frazier is hitting 2nd today???

Lot's of interesting things could take place, if lineups are your thing, once Hanigan and Ludwick get back.

I know it's great having Choo lead off, but it hankers me a bit whenever I see 35 rbis from him knowing he could drive in many more runs lower in the order. I realize he's near the top of the league in runs scored, though.

With Ludwick back this weekend, I think this would be a cool lineup:

Phillips (get him out of the double play)
    Choo
    Votto
    Ludwick
    Bruce
    Mez
    Frazier/Hannahan
    Cozart

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Haven't seen the lineup yet, but Jamie Ramsey just tweeted Frazier is hitting 2nd today???
    Better than AAA Derrick Robinson.

15. Likes:

Edd Roush (08-07-2013)

Dave Cameron will be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Dave Cameron will be pleased.
    Good... now I can finally sleep

18. Likes:

Chip R (08-07-2013),Crumbley (08-07-2013),LexRedsFan (08-07-2013),RadfordVA (08-07-2013),Tom Servo (08-07-2013)

I have actually been wishing they would move Frazier up to #2 for a while, although this current streak has dampened that a little bit. But even with his horrific last few weeks, he still has the 3rd highest OBP for Reds starters.

And in terms of getting out of a slump, he's never going to see better pitches than hitting in front of Votto.

I like the idea of Frazier at #2. He is the best fit on this roster until Ludwick comes back and BP can slot in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    And in terms of getting out of a slump, he's never going to see better pitches than hitting in front of Votto.
    Well, that's obvious why Dusty chose to do it, but Frazier's slump is beyond a normal slump. I just question the timing more than anything.

Turn Off Ads?