Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL 2013

Re: NHL 2013

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    That's one of the freakiest goals I've ever seen.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Whats going on with the Blues? Last few games I've seen a 6-1 loss and 5-1 loss. I haven't watched the games, just saw the scores, do they have injuries?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Hey, you know who's totally not worth what he gets paid? Rick Nash. Did not understand why the Rangers went after him and I'm positive this doesn't end well five years and $39 million from now.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Whats going on with the Blues? Last few games I've seen a 6-1 loss and 5-1 loss. I haven't watched the games, just saw the scores, do they have injuries?
    Halak is out, but that's it for injuries. In a major funk right now, but I think they'll bounce back. It's almost like that bad penalty call in Detroit let the air out of the balloon because they haven't been the same team since.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Hey, you know who's totally not worth what he gets paid? Rick Nash. Did not understand why the Rangers went after him and I'm positive this doesn't end well five years and $39 million from now.
    Ya, seems like his style of play and injuries have decreased his abilities. His prime was probably in his younger seasons. Hence why I think no team (including the Rangers) were prepared to give up marquee talent for him. Unfrotunately, his contract number is still a pretty big hinderance.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Ya, seems like his style of play and injuries have decreased his abilities. His prime was probably in his younger seasons. Hence why I think no team (including the Rangers) were prepared to give up marquee talent for him. Unfrotunately, his contract number is still a pretty big hinderance.
    Guy doesn't play well enough both ways to be worth the money

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Guy doesn't play well enough both ways to be worth the money
    I'm always leery of not-terribly-prolific high scorers on bad teams. Basically they get run out on every PP and they're constantly fed the puck and they don't really have to do any work in the corners or get back. To Nash's credit, he's willing to hit and go into the corners, but he's not the lights out scorer they traded for and will be paying for a very long time.

I think, albeit in a shortened season, the Rangers are among the bigger disappointments thus far.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I think, albeit in a shortened season, the Rangers are among the bigger disappointments thus far.
    They were a good bet for a slow start. Not a lot of young firepower on that team. Their all-out pressure game should be more effective as the season wears on.

What the heck is going on with my team. It's like after that penalty in Detroit, they've been soft. We've allowed 5 goals three games in a row. I don't think the Blues had more than 3 games all last year where they gave up 5 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    What the heck is going on with my team. It's like after that penalty in Detroit, they've been soft. We've allowed 5 goals three games in a row. I don't think the Blues had more than 3 games all last year where they gave up 5 goals.
    I don't know, but they'd better get back on track soon. The defense has been embarrassing.

For the record, the last win was the game I attended. Just pass that bit of information on up and see if the team can't manage to make sure I'm in attendance more often. I'd be willing to do my part to help the team.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

I think mostly shows the Blues goalies' are really nothing that special. Elliot is a big guy, covers bottom of the net real well, but if you get him moving, with odd man rushes and such, he doesn't pose much of a challenge. Blues' defense was amazing last year, I expect it to rebound (but hard to imagine it will be up to last year's standards because they were just too good). But their defense makes the goalies, not the other way around.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

The Columbus Blue Jackets have let go of GM Scott Howson.

"Scott Howson is a caring man who gave everything he had to the Columbus Blue Jackets over the past six years," said President of Hockey Operations John Davidson. "This was a difficult decision but one that I thought was in the best interest of moving our hockey club forward. I have enjoyed working with Scott and want to thank him for his service." The Jackets currently have a 4-7-2 record and sit 13th in the Western Conference, but under Howson the club has finished among the bottom 10 teams four times in five years. Feb 12 - 8:25 PM

Source: TSN.ca

Per Rotoworld.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

For starters, I'm happy with the Blues win, but what's everyone's take on the Karlsson injury? Matt Cooke's skate takes out his Achilles and people seem to have mixed opinions as to the intent or not on Cooke's part. It does look pretty ugly on the replay and regardless of the intent it's a shame to see a player of his caliber go down like that.

I meant to mention this yesterday but the Blue Jackets got a heck of a talent evaluater in Jarmo Kekalainen. This guy was one of those gems I thought a team would get if they ever took a chance on him as GM. He was the brains behind the Blues draft and development system for 8 years I believe. John Davidson and Doug Armstrong relied heavily on his advice and the Blues were excellent during his time here at getting gems later in the draft and finding those kind of players that turn out to be diamond in the roughs. He also has a pipeline to European hockey and seems to do well at scouting European players. In my opinion, this is a great hire for the Blue Jackets and I wouldn't be shocked if they're a major mover and shaker after a couple of drafts.

Turn Off Ads?