Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Ludwick to 15 day DL; surgery set for Wednesday

Re: Ludwick injury - dislocated shoulder

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Its pretty clear Walt doesn't operate that way. At least he hasn't in the past.
    Not an impulse shopper, Walt will try and work out the issue from within, he will not posture himself in the market as needy, if anything he'll wait until someone in need wants something the Reds have. Then he'll be working from a position of power.

One game is not the season, this team will not cut off its nose to spite its face despite the numerous folks here clamoring to sharpen the knife for the task, no matter the cost.

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (04-03-2013),redsmetz (04-02-2013),Roy Tucker (04-02-2013),Tommyjohn25 (04-03-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ludwick to 15 day DL; surgery set for Wednesday

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...ssignment.html

Mariners Designate Casper Wells For Assignment
    By Edward Creech [March 31, 2013 at 3:07pm CST]
    The Mariners have designated outfielder Casper Wells for assignment, tweets Greg Johns of MLB.com. The Mariners now have ten days to either trade, release, or outright Wells to the minors. If Wells clears waivers, he cannot elect free agency because he does not have enough service time and has not been designated for assignment before, reports the Seattle Times' Larry Stone (Twitter link). The Phillies and Tigers could have interest in the 28-year-old. Wells was a member of the Tigers until he was traded to the Mariners in the Doug Fister deal in July 2011.

Would Casper Wells be worth a waiver claim to help in the outfield?

I wonder if the Jays would dump Adam Lind.

Quote Originally Posted by 1940757690 View Post
    He had one hit in the opener yesterday if that qualifies as "tearing it up."
    Well, I know the games don't really count, but I think the guy led ST in HR. Anyway, I think the M's will want to keep Morse there for awhile. They need the offense in a bad way.
    Last edited by RedEye; 04-02-2013 at 09:58 PM.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Chapman and Hamilton for Stanton?
    Go BLUE!!!

9. Likes:

Edd Roush (04-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Without a doubt.

Like I said, I was really pumped about the Reds having a complete lineup without any real holes in it, but at least they're prepared for this now.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Not an impulse shopper, Walt will try and work out the issue from within, he will not posture himself in the market as needy, if anything he'll wait until someone in need wants something the Reds have. Then he'll be working from a position of power.

One game is not the season, this team will not cut off its nose to spite its face despite the numerous folks here clamoring to sharpen the knife for the task, no matter the cost.
    Yeah, Walt will work his way through this reasonably. Phipps or Robinson are logical and low cost moves. Talk to his scouts and FO guys, Maybe Lutz as an outside chance move. Low risk. Give whoever 2-3 weeks and see how they do. Do the Louisville shuffle and hope to hit another Xavier Paul. If none of them shake out and its June and the Reds are competong,look at riskier moves. But let's let the story play out for a bit. Above all, don't let them see you panic.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Stick Leake in LF and bat him second. Frazier goes to #4 (or Bruce) and Phillips moves down to 5th or 6th. When Leake's turn comes up in the rotation Heisey and Paul can cover LF. Problem solved, you can thank me later.

Seriously though I do kind of like the Micah Owings idea. It's delightfully outside-the-box. Wouldn't hold my breath for a reactionary move from Walt, though. He's a slow-player, not a guy who's going to go on tilt.

Worst thing about this (maybe) is that it makes Ludwick pretty much a sunk cost not only this year but next year too since I doubt a 35 year old bounces back too well from labrum surgery. It's not his throwing arm though so maybe one of the more medically inclined posters could shed some light on whether or not that could make a difference.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Lost in all the ruckus was that the pitching totally shut down a lineup with Albert, Trout, and Hamilton in it. JC looks like everything we'd want in a starter, and it could be fun watching Choo this year. At least on offense.

Sure going to miss Ludwick though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo Fan View Post
    It's not his throwing arm though so maybe one of the more medically inclined posters could shed some light on whether or not that could make a difference.
    Isn't your lead shoulder doing most the work when swinging a bat too? Maybe I'm wrong on that, but if Ludwick had to rip a shoulder apart, Id say he chose the right one. <---pun intended

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Lost in all the ruckus was that the pitching totally shut down a lineup with Albert, Trout, and Hamilton in it. JC looks like everything we'd want in a starter, and it could be fun watching Choo this year. At least on offense.

Sure going to miss Ludwick though.
    I'm fairly certain the kids in the crowd are going to have a hard time with the lower scoring game we are seeing. It's one where small ball and contact will take precedent at times and the sheer trump card of a Billy Hamilton in the future will not allow the Reds to back slide and only search for power at all costs.

The bottom line is that Ludwick seriously stepped up last year when Votto got hurt, and now, no matter what moves are made, we need some folks to step it up the same way.

16. Likes:

REDREAD (04-03-2013)

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I'm fairly certain the kids in the crowd are going to have a hard time with the lower scoring game we are seeing. It's one where small ball and contact will take precedent at times and the sheer trump card of a Billy Hamilton in the future will not allow the Reds to back slide and only search for power at all costs.
    The Reds don't have the lineup to play small ball.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

If the Reds play a "lower scoring game" it won't be because they designed it that way. The Reds put a lot of effort into improving their run production.

It's too soon to tell if it will work, I hope it does, but let's not make it sound like the "low scoring game" is by design; it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    Would Casper Wells be worth a waiver claim to help in the outfield?
    yes

he is better than our in house options

Turn Off Ads?