Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

Tough game for the kid. One of the announcers made the point that the Denver wide outs are the least talented bunch in the NFL. I wonder how much a few quality vets would help that offense? Came into the game w/ 2nd highest % of passes dropped, I'd guess the several today won't help. Not pretty.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    So now for the Raiders to make the playoffs we need the chiefs to beat the Tebows? I don't think its possible to make a Raider fan sicker than to know we have to rely on the CHIEFS to beat ANYONE to help us even the Donks!
    Not exactly...

OAKLAND RAIDERS
    Oakland clinches AFC West division with:
    1) OAK win + DEN loss

Oakland clinches playoff spot with:
    1) OAK win + CIN loss + TEN loss or tie OR
    2) OAK win + CIN loss + NYJ win

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Yep, that regression to the mean for Tebow is going to be oogly. In a way, this is a christmas present for John Elway and John Fox. This will allow them to seek QB help without a full revolt on their hands.
    Not so fast... if they win next week and make the playoffs, it's still going to be hard to pull that plug. But yeah, that was the Lions game all over again.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Kyle Orton vs. the Tim Tebow's is going to be fun. Have to root against Tebow this time, Bengals come first.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Tough game for the kid. One of the announcers made the point that the Denver wide outs are the least talented bunch in the NFL. I wonder how much a few quality vets would help that offense? Came into the game w/ 2nd highest % of passes dropped, I'd guess the several today won't help. Not pretty.
    Since Tim Tebow has pretty much been forced down the throats of us non NFL Sunday Ticket fans I have watched many of their games. I am nothing but a fan but I like Denver's receiving corps. I think Eric Decker will be a very solid to good NFL WR. Thomas was a former first round pick who hasn't really done much this year until recently.

The Tebow "magic" has been largely done against prevent defense later on in the game. If Skelton changed his last name to Tebow we all may be talking about Arizona instead of Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Since Tim Tebow has pretty much been forced down the throats of us non NFL Sunday Ticket fans I have watched many of their games. I am nothing but a fan but I like Denver's receiving corps. I think Eric Decker will be a very solid to good NFL WR. Thomas was a former first round pick who hasn't really done much this year until recently.

The Tebow "magic" has been largely done against prevent defense later on in the game. If Skelton changed his last name to Tebow we all may be talking about Arizona instead of Denver.
    Decker reminds me of Jordy Nelson 3 years ago...hopefully he can improve as much as him.

Thomas is a stud, but as a tight end, he's the only guy that can get open on his own....the rest of the receivers just don't have the talent, or hands for that matter.

Tebow got exposed when they went to strictly 7 step drop backs once they got behind. I think the lesson for this season is to keep running the triple option....and hope a real offseason will provide TT the growth opportunity needed for traditional NFL dropback passing.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Decker reminds me of Jordy Nelson 3 years ago...hopefully he can improve as much as him.

Thomas is a stud, but as a tight end, he's the only guy that can get open on his own....the rest of the receivers just don't have the talent, or hands for that matter.

Tebow got exposed when they went to strictly 7 step drop backs once they got behind. I think the lesson for this season is to keep running the triple option....and hope a real offseason will provide TT the growth opportunity needed for traditional NFL dropback passing.
    I think Decker will be a good WR in the slot, probably one of the better ones out of the slot. I really liked him when he was at Minnesota in college before he got injured.

As for Tebow I have heard two very interesting comments about him and his worth ethic. They were analysis on ESPN or maybe even ESPN Radio hosts. But they weren't questioning if Tebow worked out hard rather if he worked out smart. It was more to the point that he will hit the weight room until he drops but it isn't necessarily the smart thing to do if you are a QB. Someone also brought up more recently that when the lockout hit some QB's went out and worked out with QB coaches and QB guru's while Tim went and pumped iron.

John Elway and John Fox have a tremendously difficult decision to make in the off season. Its pretty clear that Elway isn't exactly enamored with Tebow but pretty much has his hand forced to bring him back next season. The key for the Broncos will be his development over the offseason and into next year. I don't expect him to be a starting caliber NFL QB going forward. I think he can be a useful QB, getting 10-15 snaps a game in specialty packages.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I'd stack the box, make Tebow throw the ball 35 times and watch him fail.

6-of-22 today for 60 yards for Tebow.

Time to realize this guy isn't an NFL QB.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post

We can all certainly hope that notion is finally realized. Make him a TE, or a LB or whatever. He's athletic, he could do some things, but QB at this level isn't one of them. Either that or go full on option-offense in Denver.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post

Its even worse when you see that the Broncos ran for over 200 yards.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

There a playoff team, so apparently they're just fine lol....

He's a joke, no other way around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    There a playoff team, so apparently they're just fine lol....

He's a joke, no other way around it.
    No, the joke is those folks on the right who tried to make Tebow into something he wasn't - an NFL quarterback. i suspect you won't hear Hannity bringing up Tebow's name anymore.

In the most epic battle in history since

A war between Good and Evil

Light

vs

Dark

Rapists

vs

Tebows

Some of you may worry after seeing this,

But Tebow saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

And into the playoffs the Chosen One led them. For with faith in God, you can move mountains, and even win games with Tim Tebow as your Quarterback.

Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

teeeeeeboooow

Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Turn Off Ads?