Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball 2013-14

Re: College Basketball 2013-14

The talent in Ohio was down the last few years after being incredibly good right after Thad took over. If you go back and look at the rosters of Thad's really good teams, other than Conley, Oden and Turner, you see mostly Ohio kids on there. He's had to go out-of-state and you're not going to win most of those battles. The junior class in Ohio has two studs in Kennard and Bragg and neither is a lock to OSU at this point. That is a little concerning, but if he gets one of the two and then locks down a few in the talented sophomore class (V.J. King), OSU will be just fine.

The other problem is that Ohio hasn't produced a top big men since Sully. The state had a nice string there with Koufus, Mullens (who didn't do a whole lot at OSU) and Sullinger as all 5-star type talents. There hasn't been a whole lot of frontcourt talent in Ohio lately and outside of Bragg there isn't much coming that I know of until maybe this year's freshman class.
    Last edited by RiverRat13; 01-23-2014 at 10:02 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

UK is hard after them both. Really want Kennard. Kid can straight up fill it up and will be a multi year player. His family are all die - hard UK fans... hope he comes.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    UK is hard after them both. Really want Kennard. Kid can straight up fill it up and will be a multi year player. His family are all die - hard UK fans... hope he comes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yul4f_JB2QM

Show him this video and its a lock he will go to UK

I wonder what last season would have looked like had Thad offered Trey Burke.

I think people here are undervaluing 2 time Mr. Basketball Marc Loving.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I wonder what last season would have looked like had Thad offered Trey Burke.
    Or Adreain Payne.

There's been some top flight talent Matta has let slip out of the Buckeye State.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Or Adreain Payne.

There's been some top flight talent Matta has let slip out of the Buckeye State.
    The only thing with him though is he was in the same class as Sullinger and they played the same position so that really would have not worked. But I will always wonder what would have happened if Thad took Burke instead of Shannon Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1995 View Post
    The only thing with him though is he was in the same class as Sullinger and they played the same position so that really would have not worked. But I will always wonder what would have happened if Thad took Burke instead of Shannon Scott.
    I don't necessarily think Thad missed on Scott, I just don't think he has developed at the rate many thought he was going to. The puzzling thing with Scott is his shot looks good. Good form, release, follow through, etc. He just has been hesitant throughout his career to shoot the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I don't necessarily think Thad missed on Scott, I just don't think he has developed at the rate many thought he was going to. The puzzling thing with Scott is his shot looks good. Good form, release, follow through, etc. He just has been hesitant throughout his career to shoot the ball.
    I agree he shows flashes of his ability. I think next year though will be his best year because he will be able to just play the 1 and distribute more which fits his game more than playing off the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1995 View Post
    I think Payne is athletic enough that he could have played the 4. It could have been done. Would have been a pretty imposing front court.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Payne was offered but never seriously considered OSU for some reason.

I'm hearing Kennard is a Duke lean at this point. I thought he would be UK bound.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Funny how all of the ACC honks were sure that that three Big East arrivals were going to struggle within the conference -- granted, Notre Dame has, but that's largely due to losing Jerian Grant, or they'd likely also be running roughshod through the conference -- and that the Tobacco Road "chosen two in Blue" were going to continue their conference dominance.

It hasn't worked out that way.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Carolina also lost to UAB and Belmont (and Wake). So I don't think you can chalk their struggles up to the Big East newcomers. They just kind of stink this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Carolina also lost to UAB and Belmont (and Wake). So I don't think you can chalk their struggles up to the Big East newcomers. They just kind of stink this year.
    Of course not. But there's no way that UNC, even without Hairston, should be this bad. They still have their usual allotment of at least four Parade All-Americans playing for them (Same as Duke). How many Parade All-Americans are suiting up for Pittsburgh or Virginia, for that matter?

One other note: Florida State appears to be, once again, exceeding pre season expectations. Leonard Hamilton quietly continues to do a nice job in Tallahassee.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

EAST LANSING, Mich. — Injuries and illnesses have plagued Michigan State's season, but now they are threatening it.

MSU junior forward Branden Dawson is out four to five weeks and will have surgery Thursday evening after breaking a bone in his right hand, the school announced at a news conference at Breslin Center.

Dawson said he slammed his hand Thursday morning while watching a film session and getting frustrated.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...weeks/4802817/

Turn Off Ads?