Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Must keep 2 of these 3: Crawford, Howard, Wright

Must keep 2 of these 3: Crawford, Howard, Wright

I'm in a 12-team league with the following stats on offense: 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, R, SB, BB, OPS, BA. Each season, we keep three players on our roster for the next year. My team is slumping badly, and I just made a few crazy trades that left my pitching staff in a shambles in order to acquire the following fearsome foursome:

Albert Pujols
    Ryan Howard
    David Wright
    Carl Crawford

Albert is staying on my team, obviously, which means I have to choose two of the other three. I'm leaning towards holding onto Crawford just because he gets so many SB and 3B and is a good complement to Pujols' power. The Howard/Wright choice might be really hard though. They are both having off years so far, but they are also both top-10 players when going well. Wright is probably more well-rounded, but Howard has that ability to just go off and dominate all the categories once in awhile. Then again, I could drop Crawford and keep both of them. OF, after all, is a much deeper position than either 1B or 3B...

I'm really torn.

Which ones would you choose and why?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Must keep 2 of these 3: Crawford, Howard, Wright

I would hang on to Pujols. I would stick with Wright. One thing I see is the Met's having bats for the next couple of years. That will only help Wright. It can't hurt having Reyes, Beltran, Delagdo and crew batting around you.

I can see where you are torn with this. However if you have time to make a choice, then I would wait and see. There is talk that Crawfod may be traded. I would want to see where he goes. I think Tampa is starting to show they have a chance in the future. I think they are a closer and a starter away from turning heads.

I am not a big fan for Howard. Don't forget that you would have strong power with Wright and Pujols. Crawford still hits for minor power and get multiple base hits.

I would keep-
    Pujols
    Wright
    Crawford

Pujols and Howard would give you the best 1-2 punch possible. Definitely keep those two. You will have zero problem creating an offense around them

So I think the question goes down to Wright and Crawford. Crawford's value stems from SB's, but IMO, that is replaceable quite easily. there are often surprise guys that will give you cheap SB's. With OPS being a category, I'd keep Wright, since he gives you much better hitting in just about every category. Crawford will only murder him in one. I'd keep Wright and look to find SB's on the cheap, and at worst, it's a category that you can sacrifice without it being a detriment to your entire team.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I say dump Wright. He disappears for weeks at a time.

Howard, Crawford, and Pujols should win you any league.

How do you have all those players and lose, you don't even need a pitching staff for that kind of offense.

Keep Crawford btw.

obviously, a few of you have never played a league that counts triples, which becomes THE toughest stat to gather. That makes Crawford a lock. If I was you, I'd try to combine your combo of Howard/Wright and see if you can get Reyes, or if not him, Hanley Ramirez. SS is the toughest position to fill, and if you lock it up with one of those 2, you're set.

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    How do you have all those players and lose, you don't even need a pitching staff for that kind of offense.

Keep Crawford btw.
    I know, it's kind of strange that my team is losing. Our set-up is a bit atypical. We have 20 categories (10 hitting: AVG, OPS, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, SB, R, BB, RBI; 10 pitching: W, H, S, ERA, WHIP, FIP, Kd9, BAA, INN, QS) and we start 17 players (1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3 OF, Util, 5 SP, 3 RP).

Pujols and Howard started the season horrendously, and Crawford was just doing okay but not stealing much. Buried in the standings after six weeks, I traded Daisuke Matsuzaka, Dan Haren and Nick Swisher for David Wright, Javier Vazquez, and Boof Bonser. Anyway, my offense is doing fine now as all four players are now coming around, but my pitching is on the ropes. If I can somehow find some solid starters to replace the ones I've lost, I may have a chance to get back in the race.

I've been trying to deal Howard because he clogs up my Util spot every week since I've got Albert at 1B. That would leave me with a Pujols-Wright-Crawford threesome as my keepers--not too shabby at all. Strangely, there seems to be little to no market for Howard in my league. People seem to think he is a one-year wonder. Otherwise, I will probably look to trade one of my four studs (Pujols, Howard, Crawford, Wright) for draft picks next year. Hence my posting of this thread for your help!
    Last edited by RedEye; 06-13-2007 at 12:35 PM.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

uoduck1017

I would keep Pujols, Crawford, and Wright because it creates the most well-balanced attack. While Ryan Howard is pretty good, he does play the same position as Albert which, like you said, forces you to play him at Util. I would keep them for a while and then trade Howard once his value reaches its peak.

Turn Off Ads?