Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Could RedsZone lead a 'pack-the-house' campaign?

Could RedsZone lead a 'pack-the-house' campaign?

Just an occupational hazard of me being in the advertising/marketing fields, but I genuinely think RedsZone could help lead a 'pack-the-house' marketing campaign to help up the crowds at the ballpark. Im not sure the best way to go about this, but I also feel our local media really needs to step up to the plate. Give the Reds a commercial spot during the 6 o' clock news on ABC/CBS/etc., saying something to the tune of, 'Pack the house and come out to support your FIRST PLACE Cincinnati Reds!" Doesn't have to be long, just needs to let people KNOW we're in first and that we have a good team. Heck, even if every one of us had social media accounts (twitter, facebook, myspace, etc.,) and we're able to somehow get 3-5 of our friends (1% of most of our friend counts online) down to the ballpark, that could be another ~1000 fans. I dunno, just thinking out loud.

-matt

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Could RedsZone lead a 'pack-the-house' campaign?

The crowds this week against the brewers were pretty sad considering the weekend they had, but I think a lot of people are still just skeptical because this has happened in seasons in the past. In my opinion this team is different because it's filled with young talent thats starting to come around, and will be good for a long time, while the Reds teams of the past were more like the Nationals are this year, a couple good hitters (Dunn, Zimmerman) and a lot of fill ins that are playing over their heads and will come back down to earth before too long (Livan Hernandez) I think the longer the Reds stay in the race the crowds will come, it's just a matter of people believing its not just another year like the others. Also the weather wasn't great for the Brewers series, and one was a Tuesday afternoon game, so that may have played a role in it.

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

What I always hear is "wait until school is out"

There was just crappy weather. This next series will be much better.

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    There was just crappy weather. This next series will be much better.
    Unless we lose. Then everyone will say "I told you so".

I don't see that happening. Everyone needs to plan on attending at least 1 game per homestand. If that happens, we are sitting pretty.
    "Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano. "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Harris in Major League (1989)

Quote Originally Posted by ian_madden View Post
    Unless we lose. Then everyone will say "I told you so".

I don't see that happening. Everyone needs to plan on attending at least 1 game per homestand. If that happens, we are sitting pretty.
    Well I know myself with a few UC students are going to be going to at least 2 next week with the nice weather.

I think REDSZONE definitely has a positive effect on attendance.

When there's this much attraction and discussion about a "sports" team, then the side-effect has to be that the team is on the mind of people. That's what you hope for from a business standpoint, is that the product is on your customer's minds....hopefully, in a good way.

Tickets won't be purchased and plans won't be made until the team is first on one's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    The crowds this week against the brewers were pretty sad considering the weekend they had,
    Come on, I had a Jimmy Buffett concert to go to and I was hung over on Tuesday.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    What I always hear is "wait until school is out"
    There's no school in the other 26 MLB cities? I've always hated that theory as well.

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    Well I know myself with a few UC students are going to be going to at least 2 next week with the nice weather.

My girlfriend and I are celebrating our 2 year anniversary on Monday. We always go to the reds game for it.
    "Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano. "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Harris in Major League (1989)

Quote Originally Posted by ian_madden View Post

My girlfriend and I are celebrating our 2 year anniversary on Monday. We always go to the reds game for it.
    Haha, second anniversary this year, but you always go for it Just messin with you man, Happy Anniversary to you both, hope you have many ahead...
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?