Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Fifth Annual Redszone Postees Awards

Re: Fifth Annual Redszone Postees Awards

I forgot but I meant to give props to reds44 for something or other. Just a good, smart kid. He might be running baseball in about ten years.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Was that back when you two were garrisoned at Fort Sumter, holding back "Johnny Reb?"

Ah, so it's RFS(18)62. I get it- that guy's old.

I'll give this a try, but honestly I can never remember who is who on this board.

Most missed poster

Krono, really gone? Crap.
    And I have given up hope that RedStorm will ever show up again. That guy had serious chops.

Best tag line

I never really understood what a tagline was.

Best Moniker

Ditto.

Most Valuable Poster

Creekie gets my vote, but there are about twenty posters who make up the heart of the board who deserve mentions. They are the folks who post with clarity, who keep their heads when others are losing their's, and who never post things they wouldn't say to a friend face to face. Without them, this board is just Cincy.com all over.

Most Clever
    It comes in all flavors. WOY has a way of dropping the right verbal bomb or stat. Redsland is a must read, always. M2 and NWM...I can never remember who is who. Always clever.

Best Armchair GM

M2

Best Trademeister

This award has always and will always belong to Krusty.

Best Discussion

Tough one, there. For me it depends on the circumstances. When the Reds are playing, I'd say the best discussion is a game thread or the chat. Otherwise, my favorite discussions are the ones that just go everywhere, like our old last poster threads. This stuff brings out the real funny stuff.

Worst Typist

WVPacman.

Best Use of Statistics

WOY

Most Long-winded

Anyone who types more than about 20 lines at a time. I just can't deal with that much text.

Most Positive

TC

Most Negative

Hard to name- really. I just tend to gloss over the negative stuff and go somewhere else.

Best Use of an Emoticon

I like the butt thing.

Nicest

Kitty fer sure.

Best Moderator

They all do a great job, if you ask me.

Best Chatter

GAC- never misses saying hi to someone who comes into the room.

Most Off-Topic

I don't really think there is such a thing, but that thread about the waterhole was pretty far out there.

Best Newcomer

Sorry newbies- I know y'all are out there, but I don't spend enough time here anymore to recognize the names.

Best Outsider

Don't get this one.

The Marty Brennamen Award

I'll second the nomination of Caveat here.

Best Historian

We should stop awarding this one- WOY has it locked up.

Lifetime Achievement Award

RFS- he's been here forever (because he's really old, evidently). He's a pillar of the RZ community.
    Last edited by SunDeck; 12-16-2006 at 11:56 AM.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    MOST BI-POLAR IN CHAT

I forgot his nick, but he would often go from high praise of the team to saying they were the worst ever in 2 seconds. Anyone know who I'm talking about?

Can you narrow it down some?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Although I still feel like a newcomer lol. I felt the need to post nominations on a few of the subjects I know enough to form an opinion on.

Most missed poster: Has to be Creek, and for this I do blame Adam Dunn (let the gossip begin!)

Best Discussion: Absolutely loved the adopt a prospect thread for personal reasons lol. Close tie was doing Redleaders MLB draft.

Best Newcomer: Vatican Plum she was an absolutely wonderful addition to this board.

Most Tired Topic of the Year: I have to say The Trade.

Most Valuable Poster : Woy for his insight and well balanced thoughts.

Most Clever – Puffy – The man is flat out walking fun and oozing with sarcasm and sweaty tequila

Nicest – KittyDuran – Fantastic woman who made a impression on me in my very first days here. the world is a better place and Redszone has its true gem in her.

Best Play by play in game threads: This is the easiest no doubter of them all Caveat emperor. The early threads in season before your bar exam are of Vin Scully praise. Sharp wit, fluidity, and just enough detail to make you feel the angst during painful moments that happened during the game.

Minor League stats and info guru: DougDirt you are fantastic! I know its your passion but still it takes time and effort. You did that for many of us and for that I commend you and you are my MVP for this season
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

For those of you missing Krono, he's away on travel. I suspect we'll see him after New Year's.

BTW, he'll have nice comments to come back to.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

REDSZONERS had a banner year, posting well in the clutch and outplaying their pythag. Kudos to everyone who contributed tho this great board (except those who were DFA's with negative rep points).

Most missed poster

SteelSD? Well, part of him.

Best tag line

I stole KittyDuran's tagline for a while, even though I only made it to one Reds game this year (they won).

Best Moniker

Matt700wlw. Yep, we get it you work in radio.

Most Valuable Poster

Cyclone792 had a great year, don't know where he found the time.

Most Clever

Krono is the king of one-liners

Best Armchair GM

M2 is great a dissecting every move. Hire Him!

Best Trademeister

Schroomytunes is the lord of impossible trades.

Best Discussion

For me, it was the Barry Bonds/HOF/Steriod discussion. The topic returned several times with different versions, but the moral/legal/ethical/practical aspects of it were insightful. So many shades of gray!
    Runner up, the discussion on the WBC, since it was all so new!

Worst Typist

as;dliojas;ldfja;er\???

Funniest

Redsland is a PRO. BCubb is an exceptional Random Thinker. But I'll give the nod to a Rookie. Natty Redslocks, who has posted about a dozen Song and Poem parodies in the last few months. I can't get his "Adam Dunn" parody of "Green Eggs and Ham" out of my head!

Best Use of Statistics

Cyclone and WOY.

Most Long-winded

Cyclone and WOY. But it's because they have a lot to say.

Most Positive

Edskin. Who treats us to a flower spring rant every year.

Most Negative

While everyone thinks Falls City Beer, I'll give my vote to his evil twin flyer85.

Best Use of an Emoticon

: .

Nicest

vaticanplum. She makes me want to be 20 years younger and single so I could ask her out. (Yeah, I said, it...but the rest of you guys thought it).

Best Moderator

Like umpires and refs, the fact I can't remember who is a mod, means they're all doing an awesome job.

Best Chatter

GAC is the Chat Room King. I've only been a couple of times, but he's always willing to type it up with everyone.

Best Newcomer

Great Rookie crop this year! Honorable mentions to edabbs44, Reds44, Ltlabner, redsmetz and a ton of others. My vote goes to dougdirt, who has practically taken over the Minor League Talk forum with incredible passion.

Best Outsider

MattyMo4Life and Astrobuddy come to mind.

The Marty Brennamen Award

Caveat Emptor is absolutely incredible at this. But Kudos to everyone who tried their hand at the PBP (myself included). It's not easy and it's valuable for those who may not be able to get information on the game otherwise (blackouts, traveling, etc.)

The Old Red Guard Award

99% of the posts were good. Hard to remember the best.

Best Historian

Hard to take this away from WOY. Linedriver's "Today in History" series always brings back memories.

Boss-Hog and GIK. It's THEIR site (so I'll suck up).

Most Tired Topic of the Year

The complaining about the whining about the complaing about the whining on the game thread. Relax guys. [/QUOTE]

GREAT JOB EVERYONE
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Nicest

vaticanplum. She makes me want to be 20 years younger and single so I could ask her out. (Yeah, I said, it...but the rest of you guys thought it).
    Dude!!!!!!

'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Best Avatar - ChipR's of course!
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Nicest

This "nicest" thing kind of slays me, I have to be honest...much like FCB with his pessimism, I don't know that people consider me nice in real life. You never know how people see you, I guess, but I suspect that I'm too direct and impatient to be considered nice...fair, maybe, but nice? KittyDuran and Chip, those are actually nice people.

Also I am overflowing with undatable qualities, I promise. I am an insomniac, I can't cook, and I walk like a duck. But nevertheless my "nice" Internets alterego is flattered by your single and 20-years-younger parallel universe self.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    This "nicest" thing kind of slays me, I have to be honest...much like FCB with his pessimism, I don't know that people consider me nice in real life. You never know how people see you, I guess, but I suspect that I'm too direct and impatient to be considered nice...fair, maybe, but nice? KittyDuran and Chip, those are actually nice people.

Also I am overflowing with undatable qualities, I promise. I am an insomniac, I can't cook, and I walk like a duck. But nevertheless my "nice" Internets alterego is flattered by your single and 20-years-younger parallel universe self.

You are very nice, VP. But as far as nice posters go, no one holds a canle to our newest bestest buddy, blackpower. It's just so good of him to keep reminding us how The Man keeps a brother down. Invaluable advice.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I think I've won the "Most Long-winded" Award every year!

I feel like Sally Fields at the Academy Awards.... "You like me! You really, really, like me!"

And it's not that I'm long-winded at all, but that you all are just very slow readers.

And I don't go off on tagents either. I don't even know what the wrod means!

Most Missed

creek
    guernsey
    LF
    Marty and Joe

Best Trademeister

Krusty is still da king!

Best Armchair GM

anyone who is a fan of baseball. This forum is full of them (or it)

Best Newcomer

Quite a few have been added this past year who have made valuable contributions

LilAbner
    mth123
    redhawkfish

Best Outsider

MattyMo4Life

Best Historian

Other than rfs62 and RedsBaron (who were eyewitnesses), you have to go with woy and Sandy.

The "trade". Everything, no matter what the discussion, leads back to "the trade".

Most Negative

Negative is such a harsh word. More like pessimistic.

FCB hands down. Articulate and well respected. But what a pessismist!

rfs62, RedsBaron, Randy IN CHAR NC

Funniest

BCubb and Redsland

Nicest

rfs62.

He makes me sick sometimes with his niceness.

Best Moderator

Not going there. I just wouldn't want their job. It's more full combat childcare.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I just wanted to chime in and put in a few votes:

Most Valuable Poster

As great a year Cyclone has had, I have to give it to Team Clark. First of all, he adds a dimension to the board that would otherwise be lacking if he weren't here. I enjoy his ability to give us the inside view of the game. Second, he did a great job on those podcasts and took a lot of input from Redszone. I hope he finds the time to keep up with those. Great job, TC. Keep up the good work.

Best Use of Stats

Cyclone hands down. He's really good at getting you to think and I think he's had some HOF worthy stats posts this year.

Nicest

Kitty Duran, hands down. Who else goes through the trouble of getting all those extras from the giveaway nights and offering them up for those of us who can't make it to the games? Kitty isn't just nice, she is a genuine good soul.

Best Newcomer

I would consider vaticanplum for this award. As a September call-up from last year, she really came on this season. She's my vote for Redszone ROY. LtlAbner made a good showing too.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post

See, your niceness betrays you, VP. You probably should have told me to get my wrinkly butt out of your business and called the mod police on me.

Modesty is a virtue, too, my dear (note fatherly tone), but as a father of two fantastic teenage girls, I'll tell you what I tell them: DON'T SELL YOURSELF SHORT.

What we know from your interaction on this board:
    - You can spell
    - You can articulate an idea or thought (i.e. you're smart)
    - You're insightful
    - You're respectful and open-minded.
    - You're nice

and I can go on...but that puts you ahead of 95% of what's out there (being a REDS fan is a plus also). Set your standards high and don't settle (professionally or in your personal life).

Now I can blush...
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I just wanted to chime in and put in a few votes:

Most Valuable Poster

As great a year Cyclone has had, I have to give it to Team Clark. First of all, he adds a dimension to the board that would otherwise be lacking if he weren't here. I enjoy his ability to give us the inside view of the game. Second, he did a great job on those podcasts and took a lot of input from Redszone. I hope he finds the time to keep up with those. Great job, TC. Keep up the good work.
    Thank you for the kind words. Quite humbling actually. I have always enjoyed posting here. There are relly great people here who inspire you to put aside your own way of thinking. I really admire that and have learned an immeasurable amount about the game due to those folks. Just when you think you know a lot about the game....

We have not forgotten about the Podcasts. We have had a lot of issues with the Host. I have several shows "in the can" that we will put up once our host conversion is complete. They really are a lot of fun to do.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Most missed poster

Miss the daily Richard Hand expose on typing with both eyes closed? Wish Fox could still regale us with constant rumors from his unnamed baseball sources? Fiind yourself melancholy over the absense of a myriad of former posters? Who's missed most?
    Stormy by far.

Best tag line

The tag line is that little thing at the bottom of some posts. No, not that little thing at the bottom; the other little thing. Who inspires best? Makes you laugh? Makes you scratch your head trying to decipher those in jokes that are sure to make sense if only you start licking toads.
    Kitty, simply cause everyone stole hers and i kinda like Duran Duran.

[qoute]Best Moniker

Like the understatement of princeton, that Ivy League professor of Reds-related knowledge? Or, Hey Kids! How about Krusty? Does one of the Teamsters make you think about things even before you read their posts? If so, show them you care![/quote]third year running i've still gotta go with Poopy, though i haven't seen them on the board in a very long time.

[quoteMost Valuable Poster

Whose information do you read first, agree the most with, or disagree but read first anyway? Who finds things you'd never, ever get to read without their help? Who makes you think most?[/quote]M2

Most Clever

Best use of poetry, tone, statistics, one-liners to get the point across. Who made a point this year that just made you stop whatever else you were doing and go "uh-huh".
    BCubb, Johnny Footstool and when i actually understan the joke they're making westofyou and pedro.

Best Armchair GM

Who would you rather run the Reds than Jim Bowden? Who is the next Theo Epstein?
    a combonation of M2, Cyclone, and princeton.

Best Trademeister

Who comes up with the best deals? Whether it be plausible or not, which of the ADD posters here entertains you with their constant tinkering with the Cincinnati roster?
    though he very rarely starts the trade thread, i find that i enjoy WilyMoRock's proposals.

Best Discussion

Which discussion throughout the year made you think the most? Made you turn to the most? Got the most response? Made you bang your head on the keyboard and curse the heavens because it came up so slow?
    the thread i'd like to vote for here is two years old now, so i just say it's moot and move on.

Worst Typist

Whether it be grammatical, misspellings, or unclear wording, who makes you scratch your head and wonder what they're taking?
    WVPacman and CaptainMorgan, though when i can decipher what they're saying, i enjoy it.

Funniest

Who makes you shoot milk through your nose everytime they post? Who makes you giggle even before you open their posts?
    Redsland and BCubb.

Best Use of Statistics

Which sabre-head helps you understand the game best?
    Steel, woy, Cyclone, myself.

Most Long-winded

Who can't ever shut up, even though you already get the point and wish they'd just stop, they just keep going and going and going, even though they've already gotten across everything they wanted to say they also go off onto other tangents like that time I was sittin in my car and suddenly I thought of a great trade involving Danny Jackson and a gorilla except this gorilla is like the gorilla in Congo and have you ever seen that movie it's really not bad... Nevermind.
    GAC and Cyclone and Steel, but usually in a good way.

Most Positive

Begging the pardon of Rosy Red here, who's the rosiest of us all? Whose glass is consantly half full?
    75% of teh board.

Most Negative

Who is the eeyore?
    FCB

Best Use of an Emoticon

Who deserves and for coming up with all the best of these little guys out of all us posters.
    Krono, and i wish he'd come back.

Nicest

Who is the person most likely to give you the Junor Jersey off their back? Who makes you grin like a little kid?
    RFS

Best Moderator

Who do you depend on the most? Which one of those guys seems to fix everything?
    Ochre and paintmered.

And, I submit for new awards this year:

Best Newcomer

Who has joined Redszone in the last year and made a lasting impact? The Rookie of the Year.
    Cyclone and vaticanplum.

Best Outsider

Favorite fan of a team other than the Reds
    Ramp

What one topic showed up in about 300 threads a day? The one that you swore you would go postal on someone if you saw one more thread about it ever again.
    Adam Dunn. please, new members, do a search before posting the topic.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Turn Off Ads?