Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 70 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: What am I listening to?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: What am I listening to?

Broken Bells - Self Titled

Collaboration between James Mercer (of "The Shins" fame) and Danger Mouse. Everything you liked about Gnarls Barkley and/or the Gorillaz without a lot of the out-there stuff that missed.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Broken Bells - Self Titled

Collaboration between James Mercer (of "The Shins" fame) and Danger Mouse. Everything you liked about Gnarls Barkley and/or the Gorillaz without a lot of the out-there stuff that missed.
    They're very good live. If you ever get a chance check them out.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Just discovered Band of Horses. Awesome band.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    They're very good live. If you ever get a chance check them out.
    Somebody tell them to come out this way. Josh Ritter's in town on Mountain Stage Sunday, and I'll be out of state. That's the way it usually works out.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    Somebody tell them to come out this way. Josh Ritter's in town on Mountain Stage Sunday, and I'll be out of state. That's the way it usually works out.
    That sucks. I am dying to see Josh Ritter live.

Here's an awesome live rendition of "Kathleen:"

YouTube - Ovation TV | Josh Ritter: Live From The Artists Den
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Gotta represent the Commonwealth of VA:

Tim Barry

Here's Tim playing "Prosser's Gabriel" in a bar restroom of all places hahaa

YouTube - Tim Barry - "Prosser's Gabriel"

Just got some good news from a friend on facebook--Avett Brothers will be in the area October 23.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

So I'm making an eight hour trip to Atlanta to see Arcade Fire and Spoon double headline. Kind of excited to put it bluntly.

Quote Originally Posted by MilotheMayor View Post
    So I'm making an eight hour trip to Atlanta to see Arcade Fire and Spoon double headline. Kind of excited to put it bluntly.
    That sounds great. Never seen AF, but Spoon is quite good live.

Thee Oh Sees - Warm Slime
    They continue to put out fantastic garage rock with a touch of psychedelia at an almost Pollardian pace.

My birthday falls on September 14. On September 13 I see Pavement (an all-time favorite) and No Age play. On September 15 I see Thee Oh Sees. Happy Happy Birthday to Me!

I'm also curious to hear opinions on anyone who's seen Pavement tour this summer. I saw them at Pitchfork and I'd say my feelings were lukewarm at best.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Thee Oh Sees - Warm Slime
    They continue to put out fantastic garage rock with a touch of psychedelia at an almost Pollardian pace.

My birthday falls on September 14. On September 13 I see Pavement (an all-time favorite) and No Age play. On September 15 I see Thee Oh Sees. Happy Happy Birthday to Me!

I'm also curious to hear opinions on anyone who's seen Pavement tour this summer. I saw them at Pitchfork and I'd say my feelings were lukewarm at best.
    I saw Pavement at Coachella and at the Greek in Berkeley. I thought they were really good. I have heard that their show at Sasquatch was a huge disaster though. WOY and I will be seeing them out at McMenemins Edgefield in September and I'm really looking forward to that.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I saw Pavement at Coachella and at the Greek in Berkeley. I thought they were really good. I have heard that their show at Sasquatch was a huge disaster though. WOY and I will be seeing them out at McMenemins Edgefield in September and I'm really looking forward to that.
    At Pitchfork they seemed unenthused and just kind of punching the clock. I realize they've been touring for months now and are no longer spring chickens, I guess I just expected the energy to match the music (though Bob N. was certainly all-in). I never had the chance to see the first iteration of Pavement, where they always as lackadaisical on stage?

I suppose I've been anticipating the show since the early aughts, perhaps expectations grew unreasonable.
    Last edited by BillDoran; 07-29-2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Grammar

At Pitchfork they seemed unenthused and to just kind of punching the clock. I realize they've been touring for months now and are no longer spring chickens, I guess I just expected the energy to match the music (though Bob N. was certainly all-in). I never had the chance to see the first iteration of Pavement, where they always as lackadaisical on stage?

I suppose I've been anticipating the show since the early aughts, perhaps expectations grew unreasonable.
    They are pretty slack on stage (save Bob) I've seen Steve preen and annoy Scott and Mark to great lengths, but they are more anti rockers than rockers when it comes to being on the stage.

Not at all like when Gary Young would get to drunk.

At Pitchfork they seemed unenthused and just kind of punching the clock. I realize they've been touring for months now and are no longer spring chickens, I guess I just expected the energy to match the music (though Bob N. was certainly all-in). I never had the chance to see the first iteration of Pavement, where they always as lackadaisical on stage?

They've never been considered all that great a live band. I saw them 8-10 times back in the 90's. Sometimes they were amazing, sometimes not so much...

They certainly were never that animated on stage, I guess that's why Bob N was in the band..

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    They are pretty slack on stage (save Bob) I've seen Steve preen and annoy Scott and Mark to great lengths, but they are more anti rockers than rockers when it comes to being on the stage.

Not at all like when Gary Young would get to drunk.
    I've seen Slow Century and Malkmus solo-ish, not real sure why I expected more. Leaving the stage early and not returning for an encore left a bad taste in my mouth.

It would of been cool of them to invite Gary back for some shows. Perhaps, that's not realistic (who knows what kind of shape he's in), but I imagine he could of used the money.

Turn Off Ads?