Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wayne Krivsky: Zero Integrity

Wayne Krivsky: Zero Integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Hope Mackanin enjoys his vacation. Nice job by Krivsky keeping his word by giving Mack that interview he promised. People wonder why there are good baseball people turning down opportunities and more money to come work in the Reds FO.
    TC posted the above in the managerial thread, but it's an excellent observation that I think deserves it's own thread.

First, a little history here ...

After the 2006 season ended, Reds scout Larry Barton resigned and later cited his reasoning because Wayne Krivsky was well ... not the best individual to work for.

"Wayne has changed," said Barton, confirming the Beattie/Krivsky scenario. "After what went on this year, I just had enough. Wayne isn't the person I thought he was."

-----

But when Krivsky said he was trading another outfielder, Kearns, and a 25-year-old All-Star shortstop (Lopez) for an old shortstop (Clayton) and a couple of pitchers, "I told him I didn't like the deal and asked who was going to play shortstop next year, and he told me, 'I'm not worried about next year.' "

Barton said when the Reds were ready to acquire pitcher Eddie Guardado from Seattle, a scout told him Guardado had a bad arm that could blow any time, "But Wayne said he had talked to his agent and was told Guardado just had a bad back and his arm was OK."
    Then in December, 2006, Johnny Almarez turned in his resignation citing reasons that well ... Wayne Krivsky wasn't exactly the best guy to work for.

"I'm not included in any of the discussions and, in fact, when I walked into the suite during the winter meetings Wayne and his people would lower their voices to a whisper or take their discussions into the bedroom," Almaraz said.
    Now the Reds apparently tell Pete Mackanin that while they'd like to look at outsiders for the job, he's still under consideration. Problem is, the Reds never even talked to Mackanin.

Interim manager Pete Mackanin has been told he’s under consideration for the job, but the organization wanted to look at outsiders as well.

-----

Pete Mackanin said he doesn't know much more than his golf game stinks. He's not talked to anyone.
    So let's put baseball acumen aside here. Let's put scouting ability aside here. Let's put the inability of Wayne Krivsky to turn the Reds into a winner aside here. Let's discuss Wayne Krivsky ... the person.

To me, this is a guy who seems to completely lack integrity and honesty when it comes to dealing with his own personnel. We now have two separate incidents in Barton and Almarez where Krivsky essentially drove them out of the organization using nothing more than high school clique type tactics. Now just recently we see Krivsky blatantly lying to Pete Mackanin by telling him he's in consideration for the manager's job while simultaneously hiring somebody else.

This type of poisonous attitude and personality we've seen from Wayne Krivsky is poisonous to an organization, any organization. It doesn't matter if it's baseball or something entirely different.

Wayne Krivsky's actions and how he's treated some of his now former employees speak for themselves (and I seriously doubt Pete Mackanin will be sticking around in this organization).
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

2. Turn Off Ads?
    AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Re: Wayne Krivsky: Zero Integrity

Are you assuming this was Wayne's call?
    Stick to your guns.

Yeah, it's not like Wayne is the only person that hires the manager.

Amazing that a guy that turns a 20 under .500 team to a 1 over .500 team isn't considered more than he was. Especially given the crap he had to work with towards the end.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

We don't know that Pete did or didn't have an interview.. that quote about his golf game stinks and that he hadn't talked to anyone was posted a couple days ago. Name someone else who interviewed for the vacant managerial position? I understand where you're coming from but it's unfair to knock Wayne on this account without facts.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    I'm probably 100% wrong in this, but my presumption is that it's very possible that Wayne was barely consulted on this hiring. My own intuition is that this smacks of a nearly unilateral Castellini move, one in which Krivsky likely had very little say. Perhaps in the coming days what transpired will completely disprove my contention.

Cyclone, I love ya, man. But you're way over the line with this.

You may not like his choices, but you don't know a thing about his integrity.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    Yeah, it's not like Wayne is the only person that hires the manager.

Amazing that a guy that turns a 20 under .500 team to a 1 over .500 team isn't considered more than he was. Especially given the crap he had to work with towards the end.
    Yea, and he had 'success' with this very group, so there's a trackrecord indicating he could replicate it. That 'over .500' ball PeteyMac posted puts him about +35 games above what Dusty accomplished with the Cubs in his last 2 dreadful years at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I'm probably 100% wrong in this, but my presumption is that it's very possible that Wayne was barely consulted on this hiring. My own intuition is that this smacks of a nearly unilateral Castellini move, one in which Krivsky likely had very little say. Perhaps in the coming days what transpired will completely disprove my contention.

That's exactly what I think too.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

To me this hiring has Big Bob's fingerprints all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    If this was Bob's call, then this doesn't speak much for his integrity either.

I'm sure the most Pete Mackanin has gotten (or is going to get) is a small phone call telling him thanks, but no thanks. I'll be completely shocked if he actually got an interview, especially since as of two days ago he said he hadn't even heard from anybody period.

To me, that's no way to treat people in an organization.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yea, and he had 'success' with this very group, so there's a trackrecord indicating he could replicate it. That 'over .500' ball PeteyMac posted puts him about +35 games above what Dusty accomplished with the Cubs in his last 2 dreadful years at the helm.
    Isn't this what was said about Narron as well? Pete was never put into a pressure situation where he needed to make decisions. He was given a team that was better then it's record showed, who could go out and play loose everyday because they were out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    I agree. I don't know why i think that, but I just do.

But I could see Wayne agreeing with the decision. Dusty is all old school and definitely knows how to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Cyclone, I love ya, man. But you're way over the line with this.

You may not like his choices, but you don't know a thing about his integrity.
    I think Cyclone is just the best of the best, as well. However, the 3 cited incidents to me ring more of the typical scenario where holdovers from a previous regime were not invited into the new inner circle in a fairly commonplace manner, and afterwards aired grievances about it, followed by a managerial hiring that probably went right over Krivsky's head. Just my perception.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    Right. A bunch of hot air, bluster and an aimless flailing at trying to 'win now' while not having any concrete method for going about the process.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I agree. I don't know why i think that, but I just do.
    probably because Bob is trying to hire Jocketty. It signals to me that WK is being cut out of the decision making loop. Sounds like to me his job for the next year will be nothing more than implementation.

Turn Off Ads?