Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition

Hadn't thought of Olajuwon.

Interesting comp.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If Kentucky wins, I wonder if there will be anything left of Lexington.

I'd expect this crap from WVU fans, but not Kentucky. We're better than this.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    What would make you think that? There was all kinds of craziness in Lexington in 98. News van overturned, etc, etc, etc.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Some are.

Most aren't.

I think UK will pound Kansas, but they'll have to play better than they did tonight. Davis was really the only thing going on in that game offensively, sort of like Robinson for Kansas. But I don't expect Kansas to match up well here if UK plays a good game.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Retired

I saw on the news about the couch burnings in Lexington.......classy. Been taking lessons from WVU?

It's certainly an embarrassing situation to say the least. Worst of all, it was done when we still haven't won the ultimate goal. I know it was Louisville, but beating the Cards does not a championship make. I hope the players aren't celebrating in such a fashion.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

AD should be able to get whatever he wants on Whitey.

Hopefully TJ comes to play.

Rebound and hit FTS will be key.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    It's certainly an embarrassing situation to say the least. Worst of all, it was done when we still haven't won the ultimate goal. I know it was Louisville, but beating the Cards does not a championship make. I hope the players aren't celebrating in such a fashion.
    True, my thoughts exactly. I just wish fans would act like what coaches tell players : "you've been here before".
    I was telling someone who was talking about this the other day, a true KY fan doesnt do this after winning the title. A true UK fan would simply celebrate by asking "Okay...who have we got coming in next year ?"

part of BBN

If Kentucky wins, I wonder if there will be anything left of Lexington.

True and the of then course "all" Ky fans get lumped together with this kind of stuff by the national media.

College kids acting like drunken idiots is nothing new. Hopefully lawbreakers got arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    AD should be able to get whatever he wants on Whitey.

Hopefully TJ comes to play.

Rebound and hit FTS will be key.
    Spot on. IMO, Kentucky had the advantage at three of the five starting spots and a huge advantage on the bench.

Only Robinson is demonstrably better than his counterpart (Jones)-- and that's only true 75% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    True and the of then course "all" Ky fans get lumped together with this kind of stuff by the national media.

Where has the "national media" done this? Looks to me like the media reported the story and folks came to their own conclusions.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Where has the "national media" done this? Looks to me like the media reported the story and folks came to their own conclusions.
    The national media is the yahoo sports...espn's -Abc's etc. Point wasnt them reporting it as yes, it is a story.
    The point is many people thru out the land have their idea of how UK fans are. Example....if UK doesnt win trophy every year,we arent happy etc. Most are like me in the fact, I like UK being relevant every year which we went thru a period where we werent.
    This instance is something else for the Vitale's, Forde's etc to use to bash, as there is only a "handful" of fans as a whole who would riot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    The national media is the yahoo sports...espn's -Abc's etc. Point wasnt them reporting it as yes, it is a story.
    The point is many people thru out the land have their idea of how UK fans are. Example....if UK doesnt win trophy every year,we arent happy etc. Most are like me in the fact, I like UK being relevant every year which we went thru a period where we werent.
    This instance is something else for the Vitale's, Forde's etc to use to bash, as there is only a "handful" of fans as a whole who would riot like this.
    On the flip side of that, 364 days a year, you hear nearly every national media type fawning over what a great (and they are) fan base UK has.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?