Turn Off Ads?
Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

Re: Postseason Scoreboard Watching

And people wonder why every fan base hates the Cards luck

2. Turn Off Ads?

No kidding. Some clown comes into my work and I have to take my concentration off the game for 2 pitches and a scrub hits a 2 run bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    And people wonder why every fan base hates the Cards luck
    Carpenter now 5-5 against Cain.

Carlos Beltran owns the highest OPS in playoff history he gets hurt and in the first AB for Matt Carpenter who has 6 MLB HR and 28 in 1197 minor league AB jack a 2-Run shot with 2 strikes after Jon Jay and his .430 home BABIP bloops one into to left to even give him a shot with 2 outs.

All coming after Hunter Pence grounds into a DP with 1st and 3rd and a 2-0 count.
    Last edited by HometownHero; 10-17-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by F. Monihan View Post
    Carpenter now 5-5 against Cain.
    Which make its even more asinine

As much as I hate the Cardinals, I *LOVE* watching Molina play the game. He is fearless snap throwing to all bases at all times. As a baserunner, you can never take your eye off of him or he will make you look foolish

Matt Cain has 6 HR and 17 XBH and they are bunting with 1st and 3rd and one out.

What a shock Bruce Bochy's over managing doesn't pay off

I like the call. Cain may be a good hitting pitcher, but he's still a pitcher. The fact that he puts the ball in play more often just increases the chances of another inning ending DP

I just hope the Reds habit of leaving runners on base wasn't contagious and just now catching up w/ SF

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    I like the call. Cain may be a good hitting pitcher, but he's still a pitcher. The fact that he puts the ball in play more often just increases the chances of another inning ending DP
    Letting him swing also helps the chances of a game tying RBI or a hit to potentially blow open the inning. They are the Giant's who hit .240 with 2 outs which is worse the the league average not the Cards who hit 14 point higher than the league average in the situation.

More DP balls while ahead in the count for the Giants

Letting him swing also helps the chances of a game tying RBI or a hit to potentially blow open the inning. They are the Giant's who hit .240 with 2 outs which is worse the the league average not the Cards who hit 14 point higher than the league average in the situation.
    While I completely respect your research and familiarity with these types of numbers, they are lost on me. I watch (and played) the game mostly by feel and gut instinct. The minutia of the numbers that many around here ar so fond don't come into play in my world

Quote Originally Posted by TSJ55 View Post
    While I completely respect your research and familiarity with these types of numbers, they are lost on me. I watch (and played) the game mostly by feel and gut instinct. The minutia of the numbers that many around here ar so fond don't come into play in my world
    Giving away outs early is a losing play you only get 27 of them, worst case scenario he hits into a DP and they you have 1-2-3 up next inning but that risk opens the door for countless positive scenarios.

Giving away outs early is a losing play you only get 27 of them, worst case scenario he hits into a DP and they you have 1-2-3 up next inning but that risk opens the door for countless positive scenarios.
    Or Pagan stays hot and gets a 2 RBI hit.

Turn Off Ads?