Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: NLDS Game 5 Reds vs Giants 10/11/12

Re: NLDS Game 5 Reds vs Giants 10/11/12

The two biggest plays of this whole series may end up being Reds runners thrown out at 3rd by Posey.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Sandoval pops out to short. 5 pitch inning. 6-3 Giants mid 7th

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Dusty Baker should lose his job over this, IMO.

I've defended him a lot, but this kind of outing (after 2010's lackluster showing) is unacceptable.
    Absolutely agree with you. Too bad Bob is already on record saying he wants to lock him up for a long time.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Marshall doesn't waste time, does he?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    The two biggest plays of this whole series may end up being Reds runners thrown out at 3rd by Posey.
    And how can you forget his granny this game as well? And didn't he punch something go ahead yesterday too? Dude is flat out the MVP of this series.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Absolutely agree with you. Too bad Bob is already on record saying he wants to lock him up for a long time.
    Thirded. Somebody needs to be held accountable.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

The reds barely run all season, but decide to start against Buster Posey, in the playoffs? Being a reds fan my whole life has been painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Dusty Baker should lose his job over this, IMO.

I've defended him a lot, but this kind of outing (after 2010's lackluster showing) is unacceptable.
    Agreed.

Still want them to win this game though. Four runs in three innings, we can do this.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    What about the players?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Bob can and will change his mind if somethings not working.

I still can't understand why Baker left Latos in when he is struggling and the bullpen is fresh. uuugghhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    What about the players?
    Can't fire the players, as the old saying goes.

Sean Marshall is a great man, by the way.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I didn't say I agreed with that call. But Hanigan also knew what was coming and his job is to swing and protect those runners at any cost.

If it had worked you'd all be hailing Baker. But I never said Baker shouldn't be faulted there. Just the majority should be on the hitter not executing.
    And what happens if Hanigan swings to protect the runners, hits a soft line drive to the second baseman, and it turns into a triple play?

Too many bad things could happen there. You had all the momentum and a struggling pitcher. It was a dumb play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    I can't believe sending the runners is being defended here. It was dumb. Flat out dumb when you are down 3 runs and no one out. Just so sick and tired of this crap.
    It is of the all time DUMBEST calls EVER. Its a 3 run game Dusty absolute best case scenario and Hanigan rips a double somewhere you have a runner on 2nd and a 6-5 game. It doesn't make sense in that case to run there. None, zero, zilch, nada anyone who defends that big bonehead decisions needs their heads examined. When they ran on the fouled off pitch my exact reaction was "wtf are you trying to do? Run us out of what maybe the LAST opportunity to come back?" Needless to say... I hate being proved right.

Absolutely stupidity on display with that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

That was a bad call. If you have runners going and hanny has a line drive to any infielder, that's also a possible triple play. I will never like that call. Dusty traded Hanigan's chance at getting a base hit with 0 outs and a run in for the chance Jay Bruce could beat a Posey throw to 3rd base. Down by 3. Game 5. 6th inning. Bad call.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Ask the Boston Red Sox how smart it is to get carried away with accountability on account of putting too much emphasis on playoffs...
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?