Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DJ AM dies

Re: DJ AM dies

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I said the pilots paid for their mistake with their lives. They made a mistake and they surely paid for it in the worst way they could.
    The suit wasnt filed by god though. So DJ AM really is getting nothing. Are you saying DJ AM should have just been told tough luck you get nothing.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ultimately it will be the insurance company that pays out to whoever filed the suit. I would imagine they had to sue the pilots in order to establish whether they were liable or not for the accident. I thought I read that they found the pilots were not responsible for the accident. Seems like a legal tactic to make sure you have all your bases covered.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    The suit wasnt filed by god though. So DJ AM really is getting nothing. Are you saying DJ AM should have just been told tough luck you get nothing.
    Yes. That's exactly what I'd be saying.

Unfortunately, in America, we have been raised to believe something is always somebody's fault.

As far as the underlying story of DJ AM's death -- no clue who the guy was. My condolences to his family.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Yes. That's exactly what I'd be saying.

Unfortunately, in America, we have been raised to believe something is always somebody's fault.

As far as the underlying story of DJ AM's death -- no clue who the guy was. My condolences to his family.
    I hope you never have a major accident that leaves you screwed up and the other driver dies. After all it would be unfair for you to receive any money if thats the case. Sorry but if the other guy is at fault I feel the person hurt in the accident has every right to use for that money before it is divided up to family.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I hope you never have a major accident that leaves you screwed up and the other driver dies. After all it would be unfair for you to receive any money if thats the case. Sorry but if the other guy is at fault I feel the person hurt in the accident has every right to use for that money before it is divided up to family.
    Life isn't fair though. The idea that it is or that it should be is ridiculous. Does it suck that he got all messed up in a plane crash that wasn't his fault? Absolutely. The thing is though, the person responsible isn't going to be using that money for anything. The person's family will be, people who also had NOTHING to do with the plane crash either.

They call me "chef"

Life isn't fair though. The idea that it is or that it should be is ridiculous. Does it suck that he got all messed up in a plane crash that wasn't his fault? Absolutely. The thing is though, the person responsible isn't going to be using that money for anything. The person's family will be, people who also had NOTHING to do with the plane crash either.
    There is no flaw in your logic. It's just that the lawsuit had to do with receiving money for negligence, their death doesn't take away the negligence. If you read that the pilots had survived the crash, been sued, paid DJ AM money, then died the next day from complications of the accident and that the court then ruled DJ AM had to return the money because they died, would that seem like the appropriate ruling?
    Last edited by Larry Schuler; 09-08-2009 at 04:32 AM.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Travis Barker seems to be doing fine after walking away from the same plane crash.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Seems like a legal tactic to make sure you have all your bases covered.
    It's a necessity. If DJ AM's attorneys didn't include the pilots in the suit, they could open themselves up for a malpractice action later.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

I know 2 guys who died in a plane crash, one guy dies with no life insurance, he was the passenger, he had 2 kids and wife. She had to sue the pilots family to get some money to keep her family afloat.

Was it fair?

No... but her husband was dead, she had two kids and no income, the guy flying the plane was rich, not an airline.

Life isn't so simple when you type your opinion from a keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Travis Barker seems to be doing fine after walking away from the same plane crash.
    Can you get him to play at my next party since you and he are such good friends?
    Last edited by GIDP; 09-08-2009 at 11:52 AM.

See heres were we disagree. You feel that the family should get the money because the guy died. Where if the guy didnt die then the suit is fine. I dont understand where the pain and suffering some how stops being a valid suit just because the guy died. The pilot that died is the one putting the family in a bad spot not DJ AM. Its the pilots fault the family doesnt have a father or what ever not DJ AMs fault. So why is DJ AM being low class for doing what seems completely normal. Hes not suing the family, he is suining the guys net worth. if the pilots are at fault why should DJ AM not receive his settlement? Just because the family is set to inherit things doesnt mean they should be the winners out of this and DJ being nothing but the loser. Sorry the pilot died but its not DJ AMs fault he has to sue the estate now, its the pilots. I see nothing wrong with him suing the way he did.

The family should be upset with the pilot, as well all of you.

See heres were we disagree. You feel that the family should get the money because the guy died. Where if the guy didnt die then the suit is fine. I dont understand where the pain and suffering some how stops being a valid suit just because the guy died. The pilot that died is the one putting the family in a bad spot not DJ AM. Its the pilots fault the family doesnt have a father or what ever not DJ AMs fault. So why is DJ AM being low class for doing what seems completely normal. Hes not suing the family, he is suining the guys net worth. if the pilots are at fault why should DJ AM not receive his settlement? Just because the family is set to inherit things doesnt mean they should be the winners out of this and DJ being nothing but the loser. Sorry the pilot died but its not DJ AMs fault he has to sue the estate now, its the pilots. I see nothing wrong with him suing the way he did.

The family should be upset with the pilot, as well all of you.
    It is the pilots fault. I won't argue that. I just am not in favor of how it went down. DJ AM should have insurance to take care of his medical problems just like the rest of us. I don't think the family retaining the pilots things is 'winning'. I am sure they would much rather just have the pilot back. DJ AM, or anyone else in a similar situation is a loser in the situation. It sucks. Its unfair. Its bad luck. But things like that happen all the time in life. People get screwed unfortunately. Suck it up and be glad you are alive and try to move forward the best you can. Sometimes you get the bounce. Sometimes you don't. Its life, be glad you still have yours.

Thats how I see it anyways.

It is the pilots fault. I won't argue that. I just am not in favor of how it went down. DJ AM should have insurance to take care of his medical problems just like the rest of us. I don't think the family retaining the pilots things is 'winning'. I am sure they would much rather just have the pilot back. DJ AM, or anyone else in a similar situation is a loser in the situation. It sucks. Its unfair. Its bad luck. But things like that happen all the time in life. People get screwed unfortunately. Suck it up and be glad you are alive and try to move forward the best you can. Sometimes you get the bounce. Sometimes you don't. Its life, be glad you still have yours.

Thats how I see it anyways.
    so you are ok with the person involved in the accident getting screwed but not the family that is set to inherit the dead guys money and property.

so you are ok with the person involved in the accident getting screwed but not the family that is set to inherit the dead guys money and property.
    Not ok with any of it, but I think that's how it should be unfortunately. I would have preferred none of it to happen at all. However given how it did happen, I would prefer to see the family inherit the pilots money and property.

Not ok with any of it, but I think that's how it should be unfortunately. I would have preferred none of it to happen at all. However given how it did happen, I would prefer to see the family inherit the pilots money and property.
    I dont understand the reasoning behind this. You are punishing the guy in the accident and rewarding pilot by allowing his screw up to ultimately benefit his family. Im not saying the family should be targeted but in my mind the person he harmed deserves to be paid regardless in the situation. If the dude was at fault then I just dont see why his payment should go to his family over the victim.

Turn Off Ads?