Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Feedback/Questions

Votto = MVP

Re: Site Feedback/Questions

Awesome, thanks for whatever you had to do to fix that Boss
    2009 Attendance Record: 7-2

2. Turn Off Ads?

I was hoping for some clarification as to why the "Drunk" thread was closed?

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post

Thanks...
    Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts.
    I think drug use falls under that.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

So, theoretically, it's okay to start the thread again as long as it doesn't go back to meth use?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    So, theoretically, it's okay to start the thread again as long as it doesn't go back to meth use?
    Especially since I think the poster was making a joke?

I might agree that the 'meth' post broke the rules, but I don't think it was necessary to close the thread. Couldn't we've just edited the post?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post

Thanks...
    Because it was inane?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Because it was inane?
    also redundent. It's not like it's a new thing for people to be drunk and posting on RZ.

Krono is so full of apple juice sometimes that you'd think he was a member of the Rat Pack back in the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Because it was inane?
    How does that separate it from the other threads?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    How does that separate it from the other threads?
    What other threads? You mean like threads about music or TV shows? Films, Ipods, laptops, or ones about baseball, football, basketball?

There are a lot of "other" threads out there, I'm unsure what you mean by "other" threads myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post

Krono is so full of apple juice sometimes that you'd think he was a member of the Rat Pack back in the old days.
    I can stop anytime I want
    Go Gators!

And where exactly do you draw the line between "inane" and "non-inane" threads? If it seems too silly for your standards? It was silly, and probably a few other names could be used. It was also harmless. If it was cuz it was about drinking... well we've also got a thread for favorite beer. Should that thread be closed too? If it was cuz someone mentioned meth (more likely) why not just edit the relevant post, take out the reference to meth, and post a reminder about what's allowable and what isn't?
    Last edited by redsfandan; 06-27-2009 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    And where exactly do you draw the line between "inane" and "non-inane" threads? If it seems too silly for your standards? It was silly, and probably a few other names could be used. It was also harmless. If it was cuz it was about drinking... well we've also got a thread for favorite beer. Should that thread be closed too? If it was cuz someone mentioned meth (more likely) why not just edit the relevant post, take out the reference to meth, and post a reminder about what's allowable and what isn't?
    Everyone has their own line I suppose, and when I say inane, I don't mean that exactly as a negative, I was just stating an opinion, I thought it was inane, plus I'm not against inane myself, I like that and irreverent too but I also think that others might see it as something else. Thus IMO any inane thread is a possible closed thread the next time you refresh your browser.

That's slippery slope talk. What's inane to one person another person thinks is just harmless. Which label would the majority of people think applies best and would the majority think it deserved closing? Why not nip the problem in the bud and address the illegal drug reference when it's posted and/or the person that makes the reference instead of waiting more than a day for the same person to mention it a 2nd time and then just closing the thread altogether. I've yet to understand why so many threads end up closed. Maybe someday...

I agree with redsfandan. It just makes more sense to me to edit individual posts instead of closing a thread. If it gets to a point where multiple posts are the problem, I think that's when it's sometimes logical to close the entire thread. If there were a semi-lengthy thread about Homer Bailey's promotion in which one person hinted that Bailey might have been using meth tonight, would it be more logical to close it or just edit the single post that violated the rules?

Come to think of it, I just mentioned meth. Are we going to close this thread now? I'm not trying to be antagonistic--I just really believe there is a lack of logic going on.

Turn Off Ads?