Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Dunn and EE for Kemp?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

23 60.53%
  • No

15 39.47%

Thread: Trade idea: Dunn and EE for Kemp

Trade idea: Dunn and EE for Kemp

Since there is no way in their right minds that the Dodgers would trade Kemp straight up for Dunn, what does everyone think of this deal?

We already know what you think Hondo. Just kiddin' around with you man.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade idea: Dunn and EE for Kemp

EE is simply to sweeten the pot. If the Dodgers want to throw in Penny, so be it.

How old is Kemp?

Kemp is 24, but you guys need to read the other Thread... This Dunn for 1 player is ridiculous...

I like EE, but I'd do the trade.

I think that just leaves you with another hole to fill and one less player to utilize to that end.
    FIRE DUSTY BAKER

ADOPT THIS SIGNATURE IN SOLIDARITY!!!

Dunn, EE, and Bailey for Kemp, Penny, and FODDER (including pitching prospects).

DONE and DUNN.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

I think (once they're back, of course) Keppinger or Hairston could probably handle playing 3B with EE gone. From there, stick Janish or whichever one of those two isn't playing third that day at SS. Once Gonzo's back, he and Janish hold down that position. Maybe not the best defensive left side, but there is some versatility available with those four players.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaRedleg View Post
    I think (once they're back, of course) Keppinger or Hairston could probably handle playing 3B with EE gone. From there, stick Janish or whichever one of those two isn't playing third that day at SS. Once Gonzo's back, he and Janish hold down that position. Maybe not the best defensive left side, but there is some versatility available with those four players.
    Can you be a little LESS understated than that?

Keppinger at 3rd, Hairston at SS?!?! Could be the worst defensive left side in all of MLB in 2008, perhaps of all time.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Atleast they will make the routine plays that EE has trouble hitting the firstbaseman with.

I'd definitely make the deal but I'm not sure how much interest the Dodgers would have in EE. They already have two quality, young 3Bs in Blake DeWitt and Andy LaRoche... where would EE fit in?

Turn Off Ads?