Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bruce off DL, Juan Francisco promoted

Bruce off DL, Juan Francisco promoted

Per Reds twitter

Reds promote IF/OF Juan Francisco, reinstate Jay Bruce from the DL.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bruce off DL, Juan Francisco promoted

I like it. I wonder how much playing time Juan Francisco will get, and what position will he play.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    I like it. I wonder how much playing time Juan Francisco will get, and what position will he play.
    I would "hope" Dusty has Rolen working with him at 3B for the next month before he heads off to winter ball. I'd give him starts 2 a week at 3B and at least 1 Game in LF. I wouldn't overwhelm or over expose him just yet.

Maybe him and Wlad will be our Platoon in LF by the middle of next year? Be alot cheaper than Gomes and Nix. Just about as productive... Also gives us a Legit 3B who can spell Rolen 1 or 2 starts a week about the time he starts wearing down. By 2011, Votto will take over LF and he can be plugged into 3B when Rolen contract expires after having a full season of coaching by Rolen at 3B.

My guess is Francisco won't get much of a chance with Dusty around. I noticed Bruce isn't in there, either, but then again Houston is throwing a lefty.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Francisco has adjusted quickly to better competition when promoted in the minors so now it only makes sense to see if he can hit at the highest level.I'm guessing that there is a good chance that the Reds are just showing him off so he can be traded in the off season.He really won't have a position next year and it certainly seems like he is ready to face big league pitching as he has worn out minor league pitchers at all levels.I'd guess that Francisco would have a very high value to teams willing to overlook his problems in the field.I wouldn't mind keeping him except I don't know where he would fit in.
    Last edited by Captain Hook; 09-14-2009 at 06:21 PM.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Bruce isn't even in the lineup tonight (??????)

Excited to see them both in uniform though.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I've seen Francisco play a few times this year and he makes Edwin Encarnacion look like Brooks Robinson at third base. Hopefully Walt is preparing to trade him in a deal for a SS this offseason.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Francisco is listed at 180 pounds. he looks 230 though no joke.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Turn Off Ads?