Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: WWE wrestler Eddie Guerrero found dead

Senor Votto

Re: WWE wrestler Eddie Guerrero found dead

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Chris Benoit, Umaga, Earthquake and Andrew "Test" Martin have since been added to that list as well.
    I didn't know Test died.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I didn't know Test died.
    overdose in a hotel, I believe.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Any wrestling fans excited for tomorrow? Impact goes head to head against RAW. Hogan debuts in TNA, and RAW will be hosted by Bret Hart. Most interested/excited I've been for any night in wrestling in a long time.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    overdose in a hotel, I believe.

he was found dead in his home.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

I'm extremely excited for Raw tomorrow night haven't been this interested in Raw since I was 12. I really never thought Bret Hart would be back. I can't wait.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I can't understand what Bret Hart is thinking. He was screwed by the company on his way out, and his brother dies and they don't cancel the show. Now he is coming back to promote their product? Hope the money is good.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Yes, Tom Servo, I am excited about the resumption of the Monday Night War....and cant wait to see how Hogan comes across on TNA...unfortunately I am preparing myself for a letdown....I am also interested in seeing if WWE does anything tonite to poke fun at TNA...

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    I'm extremely excited for Raw tomorrow night haven't been this interested in Raw since I was 12. I really never thought Bret Hart would be back. I can't wait.
    My bro-in-law calls me tonight to ask me if I wanted to take my nephew tomm. night to the nutter center for RAW, a buddy of his has 2 tickets and my nephew is a huge wrestling fan. I didn't know it was gonna be at the Nutter Center in Dayton but I had to decline, forgot Bret was gonna be there though.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I haven't been much of a viewer of wresting in a few years, but does anyone really think TNA can do to WWE what WCW did to WWE?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I can understand Bret Hart coming back to try and end things in a better manner. I really don't think its entirely money though I'm sure its a nice pay day.

TNA's show was pretty bad. It was exactly like Nitro was in 1999. I like TNA's product but this show was all about shocking apperances instead of focusing on getting talented guys like Desmond Wolfe, Eric Young, James Storm, Robert Roode, the British Invasion, etc over.

RAW was all about Bret. Nothing else was particularly good or bad, but Bret's apperance was great and sows the seeds for an angle with Vince.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I tuned in today because of this thread. At the end Brett and Vince apperared to have burried the hatchet but then Vince kicked him in the gut. If I remember, I'll tune in next week.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott View Post
    Hogan was in the right place at the right time. Speculation has been that Vince would have attempted to push Junkyard Dog or Superfly Jimmy Snuka to his #1 position had there been no Hulkster. Whether or not that would have worked is anyone's guess.

My take is that things might have taken a few more years to go mainstream, but someone eventually would have been able to draw the dollars and media attention for Vince.
    Snuka probably would have become champion, in his time his popularity was 2nd only to Hogan, but his drug problems were well known and he had a bad habit of missing shows. Not to mention a woman he was dating wound up mysteriously dying.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Handofdeath View Post
    Snuka probably would have become champion, in his time his popularity was 2nd only to Hogan, but his drug problems were well known and he had a bad habit of missing shows. Not to mention a woman he was dating wound up mysteriously dying.
    Yeah I could see Snuka getting the "Hogan push" but it probably wouldn't have gone well or lasted as long as Hulkamania did due to Snuka's tendency to flame out. As for JYD, he was even WORSE an in ring worker than 80s Hogan, so while he may have gotten over, the matches would have been putrid.

I didn't watch "Raw is Bret" but I found some clips. Bret looks....bad. I wonder why he's doing this. He doesn't need the money, presumably, and because of the stroke, I can't imagine he'll be able to take bumps, so what's the point? I hear people speculating a Vince/Bret match at Mania, but if he can't take any bumps what exactly are they going to do in there? Roll around for 20 minutes? I'll pass. And I loved watching Bret back in the day.

As for the TNA thing, pass. If I want to watch a bad version of Nitro, I'll dig out my old tapes.

Wrestling sucks right now, and I haven't been interested since around 2002. WWE has the roster to do some great stuff, but they just can't seem to push the right guys at the right times. Who's the next breakout star? I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Yeah I could see Snuka getting the "Hogan push" but it probably wouldn't have gone well or lasted as long as Hulkamania did due to Snuka's tendency to flame out. As for JYD, he was even WORSE an in ring worker than 80s Hogan, so while he may have gotten over, the matches would have been putrid.

I didn't watch "Raw is Bret" but I found some clips. Bret looks....bad. I wonder why he's doing this. He doesn't need the money, presumably, and because of the stroke, I can't imagine he'll be able to take bumps, so what's the point? I hear people speculating a Vince/Bret match at Mania, but if he can't take any bumps what exactly are they going to do in there? Roll around for 20 minutes? I'll pass. And I loved watching Bret back in the day.

As for the TNA thing, pass. If I want to watch a bad version of Nitro, I'll dig out my old tapes.

Wrestling sucks right now, and I haven't been interested since around 2002. WWE has the roster to do some great stuff, but they just can't seem to push the right guys at the right times. Who's the next breakout star? I have no idea.
    Kofi Kingston and John Morrison if they get used right.

Turn Off Ads?