Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds TV crew...........

Reds TV crew...........

Is Thom Brennamen or Jeff Brantley going to be doing any games on TV. Good grief, I hope so.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds TV crew...........

I watched the game on TV and Harrang threw one that almost bounced to the plate. One of the Reds announcers said, "He just missed on that one." What game was he watching?
    I also missed seeing Dunn's second homerun live. They were showing a replay or something and when they came back live, Dunn was trotting around the bases.

I saw George Grande at the hotel on Sunday when I checked in.

I didn't rush to compliment the job he does.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I don't want my announcers to be homers, but I do want them to at least root for my team. That's just my way. I've been fortunate to never have to listen to any real homers.

George Grande just hacks me off with his love for all things cardinal red.

I don't know if you noticed, but twice yesterday A-gon ranged behind second base. I don't believe either play resulted in an out, but it's been a long time since the reds shortstop was capable of getting back there on a regular basis.

Trying to pay the reds shortstop a compliment, Welsh mentioned that A-gon had played for Jack McKeon during the Marlins last world series run. Then one of the talking head quoted McKeon as saying that A-Gon was the best defensive shortstop he had ever managed. Like good broadcasters they paused a few seconds to let the statement sink in. Of course reds fans are fondly remembering McKeon stay in cincy and that 99 team he managed with future hall of famer Barry Larkin at shortstop. George Grande the cardinal man, butts in with..."That's high praise!!! McKeon managed Ozzie Smith in San Diego before he got traded to the cardinals."

I didn't turn the sound off and listen to the radio. I should have. I hates that guy.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

I had trouble picking up WLW yesterday (why? NO IDEA) but I listened on 1230 AM here in Columbus and when Dunn was up to bat the first time they were playing commercials...yeah, they missed the HR.

Can someone please tell CC to catch a freakin clue? I mean Columbus has it's own Ops mgr. It's own Engineer...and they can't get their own automation system to work?
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Is Thom Brennamen or Jeff Brantley going to be doing any games on TV. Good grief, I hope so.
    I am not sure about Jeff but Thom is going to do some TV games though we will be stuck with George for most of the TV games.

Its not like these guys are the best far from it. But really I don’t hate them. Its not like they make it horrible to watch the reds play. I tune in to see the players on the field. Not to break down how well the announcers are doing.

I heard Brenneman Jr's call of Dunn's 1st HR (I think) on XM today a couple of times and he was late. He said " and now the batter will be " and then his voice raised as he said "Adam Dunn" because he had just hit the pitch. I thought it was odd that they were behind like that.

Quote Originally Posted by as_v_1 View Post
    Its not like these guys are the best far from it. But really I don’t hate them. Its not like they make it horrible to watch the reds play. I tune in to see the players on the field. Not to break down how well the announcers are doing.
    I'm not breaking down anything. I'm just annoyed as heck listening to them in the background of the game I love. They do NOT add to the enjoyment and seem to want to be constantly noticed. Grande's love of the Cardinals is apparent. Maybe he needs to go to St. Louie and fill in for Buck when he does the national game of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Thom & Jeff are doing the TV broadcast on Wednesday, April 4th, 7pm.

We can put a man on the moon but we can't "sync" the tv with wlw!!!..I prefer the radio to TV.....I do enjoy Welsh's extras in the game and he seems to be right in situations and calling pitches......here's some fun....take a shot of your favorite whiskey every time George Grande says "nubbed" or "skyed"........you will be passed out by the 3rd inning!!!!!!!!

GO REDS BABY!!

Quote Originally Posted by AshkickerMFD View Post
    We can put a man on the moon but we can't "sync" the tv with wlw!!!..I prefer the radio to TV.....I do enjoy Welsh's extras in the game and he seems to be right in situations and calling pitches......here's some fun....take a shot of your favorite whiskey every time George Grande says "nubbed" or "skyed"........you will be passed out by the 3rd inning!!!!!!!!

GO REDS BABY!!

or..........."you know the story", or he mentions "the red birds".

"its gonna beeeeeeee gone"

Quote Originally Posted by LINEDRIVER View Post
    Thom & Jeff are doing the TV broadcast on Wednesday, April 4th, 7pm.
    Is there a way to know who will broadcast each day (well, duh obviously there must be a way since you knew)...guess the better question is where can I find this information???

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

Turn Off Ads?