Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chapman tonight: June 7 Minor League Updates

Re: Chapman tonight: June 7 Minor League Updates

They're letting Bray go 2 innings in only his 2nd appearance.

I didn't see that coming.

That's great news if he's that healthy.

2.0IP 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 4K

2. Turn Off Ads?

Anyone thinking Chapman is a finished piece of work is wrong. The Reds knew he needed some work when they signed him and he is getting that work in AAA. You have to temper your expectations for this kid as he is going to have a bad start or two along the way. I saw him in Rochester NY when he got bombed a few weeks back, he's going to have some games like this, you have to learn to be able to roll with it because the guys upside is through the roof.

Really excited about Bray I would imagine depending on how he feels that we will see him in Redsland soon. Need one more reliever to complement Rhodes, hopefully Bray works out.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Anyone thinking Chapman is a finished piece of work is wrong. The Reds knew he needed some work when they signed him and he is getting that work in AAA. You have to temper your expectations for this kid as he is going to have a bad start or two along the way. I saw him in Rochester NY when he got bombed a few weeks back, he's going to have some games like this, you have to learn to be able to roll with it because the guys upside is through the roof.

Really excited about Bray I would imagine depending on how he feels that we will see him in Redsland soon. Need one more reliever to complement Rhodes, hopefully Bray works out.
    From the beginning I didn't expect Chapman to be up this year, except for maybe a September call up where he might get in a blowout just to get his feet wet.

Chapman is 22 years old, and it was ONE FREAKIN' START.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    From the beginning I didn't expect Chapman to be up this year, except for maybe a September call up where he might get in a blowout just to get his feet wet.
    IMO most did expect contributions at the MLB. And with the structure of his contract it wasn't designed for the Reds to wait a couple of years to get a productive pitcher. I honestly would like to see him get a shot as a reliever. The bullpen needs help now.

They can move him back to a starter next year.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    IMO most did expect contributions at the MLB. And with the structure of his contract it wasn't designed for the Reds to wait a couple of years to get a productive pitcher. I honestly would like to see him get a shot as a reliever. The bullpen needs help now.

They can move him back to a starter next year.
    Not the way I remember it. If they brought him up too fast, I heard it accelerated his contract.

Surprise. Surprise.

Alonso homers.

Well, I left that one early. Beautiful night for baseball. Ugly baseball for the night.

I'll get the pics processed and uploaded tomorrow.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: Chapman tonight: June 7

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    Dude is a reliever. period.
    Even though you've had over 1000 posts on this board, I'd bet a hundred dollars that this was your worse, without lokking at any of your others.

One large pic for tonight.

Castillo sort of says it all.

It has become extremely difficult to follow these minor-league teams on a nightly basis. This time, they ALL lost, including the two rookie-league teams. (Dayton was off.)

I agree Mace...... is there much to be enthused about besides maybe Chapman, David, maybe a couple of pitchers? in Double A.

Power's looking trimmer than his days when he pitched.

I don't think it's wrong to be extremely dissapointed by this outing. I had some hope of Chapman coming up and being usefull to the Reds in July or August of this year.

Now, I don't think he'll be of much use. In his last 4 outings this is his second just terrible outing.

I'm begining to wonder if he should even be in AAA, or if maybe he needs to go a lower level and be built from the ground up.

And if the above is the case it could very well be 2012 before he's ready for MLB.
    Last edited by NeilHamburger; 06-07-2010 at 10:59 PM.

Another reason why I'm in favor of leaving Chapman in Triple-A as a starter instead of promoting him to the majors as a reliever - he went almost a full year without pitching in meaningful games after he defected from Cuba. He needs to continue starting every fifth day and building up his arm strength. JMO.

Turn Off Ads?