Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Political Discussions

Re: Political Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I guess I just don't understand why you need the moderation. Despite what the mainstream media says, moderate is over-rated. Let a thousand flowers bloom....and shake off those Sunday shoes.

Based on years of past experience, moderation in those threads is absolutely necessary if you have any intention of maintaining a civil board with the number of posters we had participating in those threads here. The continued problems we've had recently where a few people made an attempt to dance around these rules and still get into politics until furthers that point. If you want to be able to post just about anything you want without any regards to the site's rules, we've long endorsed that by providing a link to the Peanut Gallery.

Again, I'm not sure why the concept of having to make an extra click so that you can go somewhere else to discuss politics until your heart is content is a big deal.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Also, I'd like to add that with the recent attempt to reestablish political discussions on this board, several admins and moderators have falsely been accused of handing down punishment based upon an alleged political lean of that admin/moderator. Honestly, I can safely say in 11 years of running this site, that's probably the biggest crock of crap I've ever read here. The people that have made these accusations have conveniently left out the fact that users who violate the rules that are on the "other" side of the political spectrum have been banned as much, if not more so, than the side they reside on. I'd be lying if I said I didn't lose some respect for the people that continually spout this baseless accusation as if it's gospel when it couldn't be farther from the truth.

In any event, that's yet another reason why political discussions aren't a good idea on this site, IMO.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Again, I'm not sure why the concept of having to make an extra click so that you can go somewhere else to discuss politics until your heart is content is a big deal.
    It's one of the best things about Redszone. Personally, I can't imagine the purgatory that lies between an unwillingness to click over and register for the Peanut Gallery (or using that "Google" site to get one's non-baseball talk on) and lying awake at night wondering what Chip thinks of NAFTA or if GAC shot JFK.

Although, if one is in such a state, I've found a nice dram of Laphroaig can often take the edge right off.

High five for an excellent decision, Boss (et al.)!

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    ...and lying awake at night wondering what Chip thinks of NAFTA or if GAC shot JFK. !
    Why don't you roll over and ask them???
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post

Turning that around, I'm not sure why it's necessary. But, ok.

The lack of a SSO (Single Sign On) is the death knell to site jumping in any arena.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't lose some respect for the people that continually spout this baseless accusation as if it's gospel when it couldn't be farther from the truth.
    Oh, gettin' personal. I don't go there but, hey, I'm a big boy, I can take it.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Boom, Roasted!

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

I am on another site (not sports related) that has an area for political posts. They just warn you ahead of time and state that the area is a Free-fire zone for politics, religion, and other heated subjects. Personal attacks will not be tolerated!

Is seems to work for them.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

It was made plenty personal when untrue accusations were made based on incomplete information.

Oh, gettin' personal. I don't go there but, hey, I'm a big boy, I can take it.

Respectfully, I think I've made it pretty clear in this very thread why political discussions cause exponentially more problems than other non-baseball topics. You can even read my post from six years ago when we announced the ban on this subject and most, if not all, of that is still true today.

Turning that around, I'm not sure why it's necessary. But, ok.

Well, we can't integrate your RedsZone sign on with a Peanut Gallery sign on, so if some people truly want to discuss politics as badly as their actions have indicated, they'll have to go through the pain of filling out a one time brief registration form over there.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    The lack of a SSO (Single Sign On) is the death knell to site jumping in any arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    I am on another site (not sports related) that has an area for political posts. They just warn you ahead of time and state that the area is a Free-fire zone for politics, religion, and other heated subjects. Personal attacks will not be tolerated!

Is seems to work for them.
    I don't necessarily have a problem with that idea except for what we've seen in the past when we did allow political discussions: those arguments often carried over into the non free-fire zones.

Turn Off Ads?