Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Billy Hamilton + other prospects for Justin Upton?

Trade Billy Hamilton + other prospects for Justin Upton?

Outfield:
    Melky Cabrerea-LF
    Justin Upton-CF
    Jay Bruce-RF

Trade an unknown for a superstar.

They want a young short stop?

Well Gregorious (22) + Cingrini + Hamilton could possibly net us Upton and Trevor Bower no?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Billy Hamilton + other prospects for Justin Upton?

I think Cosart is acceptable to Arizona... He's ready opening Day and that is what Arizona wants...

I wouldn't trade Cingrani though... I would offer Leake, who is young and a proven 4/5 starter...

Cozart, Leake, and another minor leaguer...

Cozart is a very valuable chip... Gold Glove Caliber SS who can hit 20-25 HR...

I almost don't want to trade him but to get that IMPACT OF Bat in Upton, I'd pull the trigger.

Any potential Upton trade starts with the name Hamilton and goes from there, I'd think. Probably followed by Cingrani or Corcino or Leake. Maybe even Bailey.

If Arizona does trade him, it'll be for a lot. Cozart certainly won't be the cornerstone, I can guarantee that.

Quote Originally Posted by [deleted] View Post
    Any potential Upton trade starts with the name Hamilton and goes from there, I'd think. Probably followed by Cingrani or Corcino or Leake. Maybe even Bailey.

If Arizona does trade him, it'll be for a lot. Cozart certainly won't be the cornerstone, I can guarantee that.
    So is that why the Texas Rangers refuse to trade their #1 Prospect Jurickson Profar?

Is that why The Washington Nationals refused to Trade their #1 Prospect Bryce Harper to Oakland for Gio Gonzalez?

So no, the conversations do not begin and end with the Reds #1 Prospect Billy Hamilton.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    So is that why the Texas Rangers refuse to trade their #1 Prospect Jurickson Profar?

Is that why The Washington Nationals refused to Trade their #1 Prospect Bryce Harper to Oakland for Gio Gonzalez?

So no, the conversations do not begin and end with the Reds #1 Prospect Billy Hamilton.
    Those guys aren't just their teams #1 prospects, they are the games best prospects at the time.

They will ask for Hamilton. The Reds should say no. He's their top prospect, he's not blocked and he's exactly what this lineup needs, a leadoff hitting CF. He could even be ready early in 2013. Don't think for one second that I'm not drooling thinking about an OF of Upton, Hamilton and Bruce. I think Cozart + Leake doesn't get you hung up on but I do think it would take two significant prospects on top of that to get it done. Even then, I think it would be a "we'll let you know" on Arizona's part to see if they could get Tampa to come off of one of their stud pitchers

For you guys who have followed Upton, how much of an offensive upgrade would he be over Ludwig based on last season? Also, I know he could be the long-term LF answer (and the Reds don't really appear to have one of those reasonably close in the minors), but is he a good cost/benefit player for the Reds future? I'm not implying any answer here, I'm honestly asking the questions.

Billy Hamilton has to be untouchable.. heck the Reds have gone years without a legit leadoff hitter.. now everybody wants to trade him?? Not me!.. Let him play CF and bat leadoff in 2013 and get rid of Stubbs.. talk about a threat at leadoff this team hasnt seen in years!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rgslone View Post
    For you guys who have followed Upton, how much of an offensive upgrade would he be over Ludwig based on last season? Also, I know he could be the long-term LF answer (and the Reds don't really appear to have one of those reasonably close in the minors), but is he a good cost/benefit player for the Reds future? I'm not implying any answer here, I'm honestly asking the questions.
    He should hit at GABP even if he hasn't as a visitor but his .731 career road OPS is a red flag but he is still young and has worlds of talent buts its no doubt a gamble hoping it clicks away from Chase Field.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Those guys aren't just their teams #1 prospects, they are the games best prospects at the time.
    I am pretty sure Billy Hamilton is one the highest profile prospects in the game right now, and Profar is a STUD, but he's not in the same league as Harper...

I mean, The Rangers won't trade Andrus for Upton, so that sets the market and IMO Cozart should look really enticing for Kevin Towers...

I am pretty sure Billy Hamilton is one the highest profile prospects in the game right now, and Profar is a STUD, but he's not in the same league as Harper...

I mean, The Rangers won't trade Andrus for Upton, so that sets the market and IMO Cozart should look really enticing for Kevin Towers...
    Profar will likely be #1 overall prospect in this years Top-100, he is a SS who can do it all on the field. Just because a team doesn't want to give up a All-Star SS or the top prospect in baseball doesn't mean the D-Backs will just give Upton away for a 27yo SS who has yet to prove he can hit in the majors.

Quote Originally Posted by HometownHero View Post
    Profar will likely be #1 overall prospect in this years Top-100, he is a SS who can do it all on the field. Just because a team doesn't want to give up a All-Star SS or the top prospect in baseball doesn't mean the D-Backs will just give Upton away for a 27yo SS who has yet to prove he can hit in the majors.
    To add to what you are saying here, Arizona added Cliff Pennington this offseason as well. Cozart is an upgrade over him but I'd rather have Upton-Pennington than Cozart-Leake-Pennington

Quote Originally Posted by rgslone View Post
    Depends really. Ludwick seemed to almost come back to form last season after a long stint of being bad.

The big draw with Upton is that he's only 25. Has great power, great speed, great defense. A true 5 star player. Even his "off seasons" he's still producing.

The main hope is that Upton can turn on that extra gear, and become a perennial 30-40 HR, 120+ RBI, 30+ steal MVP, Gold Glove caliber guy.

Because he is truly talented, but needs a little push I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTruck View Post
    Depends really. Ludwick seemed to almost come back to form last season after a long stint of being bad.

The big draw with Upton is that he's only 25. Has great power, great speed, great defense. A true 5 star player. Even his "off seasons" he's still producing.

The main hope is that Upton can turn on that extra gear, and become a perennial 30-40 HR, 120+ RBI, 30+ steal MVP, Gold Glove caliber guy.

Because he is truly talented, but needs a little push I guess.
    To add to what you're saying, in Arizona, they are expecting him to be "the man" well here in Cincinnati Votto is the man, and the 2nd "Man" Bruce so all J Upton has to do is slide in that 4 hole and then the Reds have the Offensive Protection for Votto at #3 and this team turns the corner on Production.... IF, and I mean a HUGE IF they get a legit lead-off hitter...

I think they just need to swallow the Red Pill and Sign Bourn... Chances are Hamilton won't be ready until 2014 and won't be an IMPACT bat until 2015/2016 so Bourn allows you to bring Hamilton along and Bat him 2nd when he first comes up, then my friends you have Votto-Upton-Bruce behind Bourn and Hamilton... Plus, by replacing Stubbs with Bourn you don't lose anything Defensively...

The Reds need to go ALL IN this year... Period.

The Reds need to go ALL IN this year... Period.
    I hate that statement. Go all in...this year is the year..because last year wasn't?

I'd prefer the reds to make reasonable moves and be competitive for the next 2 decades, than make a large splash only for the sake of 1 or 2 seasons.

Turn Off Ads?