Rolen 5
    Frazier 3
    Cozart 6
    Cairo 4
    Hanigan 2
    Cueto 1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds vs. Padres Thursday 8/2

This is a lineup you're not gonna see everyday lol. I like it though, I just get the feeling that whoever we trot out there is going to step up for us.

Oh and has there been any word on Valdez? Really bad time for him to get hurt yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Oh and has there been any word on Valdez? Really bad time for him to get hurt yesterday...
    I saw ESPN listed him as DTD with a "strain" earlier.

Ryan Ludwick has 10 RBI this series and he sits? I hope Cueto throws up zero's because the Pads would be looking at picking up a 4 game sweep without Luddy's hot bat.

Were 22 games over and 3 games ahead so really shouldnt be complaining I guess but I will never understand Dusty's obesssion with penalizing excellence all for the sake of his little league mentality for everybody to play.

Why take Ludwicks bat out of the lineup right now for no good reason.

Earlier this year he benched Frazier after a big offensive game cause he thought it was critical to "Get Willie Harris Hot" (really???)

Last year when Heisey hit 3 HR against the Yankees, didnt start the next day.

Maddening.

I mean Im all for giving Paul a start, hes done well so far, but Bruce would seem to have been the logical candidate to sit today.

Eh Ludwick is 1-8 with 4Ks against the Pads starter today. The last thing you want to do is cool his bat down before the Pirates series.

Not a huge sample size I know, but we have him rolling into this weekend series red hot. Not gonna complain about that.

I hate sitting our hottest hitter with our best pitcher going on top of not having our two best hitters. Ludwicks last 55 games .301/.361/.651/1.012 while the team is 17 games over .500!

Eh Ludwick is 1-8 with 4Ks against the Pads starter today. The last thing you want to do is cool his bat down before the Pirates series.
    Did not know that...thanks for the stat. I can see now where the reasoning comes from, though its a pretty small sample size and as hot as he is dont think the mighty Ross Ohlendorf would slow him down.

I'm interested to see what Paul does in the lead-off spot. He had three hits in his only other start but that was in the 6th spot.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

That was 3 years ago when Ohlendorf had his career year.

Funny how things go up and down in a baseball season. It wasn't that long ago when people were complaining about Ludwick getting starts and now it's when he sits.

According to Dusty he wants to keep Ludwick "fresh"....

Ohlendorf is pretty terrible, so the Reds should still be able to score even without Ludwick in the lineup. I'm excited for Paul. He's got a lot of potential and I hope he shows it today.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFMang View Post
    Ryan Ludwick has 10 RBI this series and he sits? I hope Cueto throws up zero's because the Pads would be looking at picking up a 4 game sweep without Luddy's hot bat.
    but they arent

Turn Off Ads?