Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: March Madness 2013 discussion

Re: March Madness 2013 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    What happened to Florida? When I saw them earlier in the year, they looked unbeatable. Haven't seen them enough to understand what happened to them.
    They made the Elite Eight?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

That Ware injury is one of the worst things I've ever seen as a sports fan and I follow gymnastics which has had some HORRIBLE things happen to it's athletes. I just happened to see it when my uncle and cousins were watching the game on the other side of the room. I wish I hadn't looked over there at just the wrong time.

BTW-I just saw on Twitter that Ware had successful surgery and will remain in the hospital until at least Tuesday. All my best wishes and prayers to him and his family/friends.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Just saw an HD pic of the injury on imgur (don't ask). The bone was sticking out a good 4-5 inches.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Just saw an HD pic of the injury on imgur (don't ask). The bone was sticking out a good 4-5 inches.
    I think I saw the same picture as you did.

After seeing it, it was worse than I originally thought. And what I originally thought was that it was the worst injury I had ever seen. The sound was probably brutal. The players reactions tell the whole story.

We had to tell the young kids to look away when they showed the replay. Really pulling for him to make a full recovery.
    Award Winning Baseball Player

Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Yeah, Here is the pic you're talking about

WARNING: CLICK AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS PICTURE CONTAINS EXPOSED BONE. EXTREMELY GRAPHIC.
    http://i.imgur.com/6gWpoez.jpg

Easily one of the worst injuries I have EVER seen

Just saw that injury. That was horrific! Poor kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    They made the Elite Eight?
    They made the Elite 8, but they beat a 14 seed, 11 seed, and 15 seed to get there. Not exactly murderer's row... The SEC was weak this year, and Florida was a lot more athletic. They had athletes, but they didn't have much inside scoring, and no consistent scorers on the perimeter. When they played an equally athletic team with real scorers, they were lost.

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-01-2013)

What a dud for Regional Semifinals. The only game that was actually a contest was the Ohio St. game, and that was nearly a blowout. These games are generally high tension nail biters. Not this year. Just a weird tournament.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

As horrific as the Ware injury looked, I've heard (and believe me, I'm no doctor so I'm completely relying on others here) that he may be better off in the long run than if he had torn up a knee. That assumes there was no major nerve damage that cannot be repaired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    They made the Elite 8, but they beat a 14 seed, 11 seed, and 15 seed to get there. Not exactly murderer's row... The SEC was weak this year, and Florida was a lot more athletic. They had athletes, but they didn't have much inside scoring, and no consistent scorers on the perimeter. When they played an equally athletic team with real scorers, they were lost.
    So what about them early in the year made them look unbeatable if you think they are so awful?

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    It's likely nobody on the team will ever do anything in the NBA beyond the D-league, it was a great coaching job by Donovan to get them as far as he did.
    Go Gators!

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    It's likely nobody on the team will ever do anything in the NBA beyond the D-league, it was a great coaching job by Donovan to get them as far as he did.
    I don't know. When I saw them beat Marquette and Wisconsin in November, they looked sensational. Sure seemed to have plenty of talent back then. Something went wrong.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I don't know. When I saw them beat Marquette and Wisconsin in November, they looked sensational. Sure seemed to have plenty of talent back then. Something went wrong.
    That "something" was running into a Michigan team that is finally starting to assert itself, largely due to McGary establishing himself as an all-around -- scoring, rebounding, blocking shots -- threat down low, complimenting the team's perimeter threats, many of which can also create their own shot.

Sure, like any team in a single elimination tournament, they can flame out quickly. But after dispatching Kansas in dramatic fashion, this team has all the confidence in the world and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Wolverines emerge victorious next Monday night.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Andy Enfield from Florida Gulf Coast has been hired as the new coach of USC

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Andy Enfield from Florida Gulf Coast has been hired as the new coach of USC
    Let the debate begin as to which L.A school - UCLA or USC -made the better hire.

But I'll say this...Pat Haden, in a relatively short time, has already proven to be more astute than the previous A.D, Mike "head in sand" Garrett.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Turn Off Ads?