Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates fans are livid

Re: Pirates fans are livid

McCutcheon and the Pissburgh fans planned on them coming in here this weekend and making a major statement. Losing the first game of the series kind of limits them to making a minor comment or two. Got to vent their collective spleens somewhere.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Was it intentional? Probably...or at least he was intentionally trying to pitch far inside and chapman probably figured he could care less if it hit cutch or not.....was it bush league? Hell no and not even close.....that's how winning pitchers pitch....you wanna crowd the plate and dig in on me?, your gonna have to earn it. Andrew has far from earned the right to dig in and crowd the plate in a central race against the Reds......there are few players that have the respect to not pitch inside in a race and none are in the central, and only a few in the National League and I am not sure I could even name them outside of Chipper Jones....pitching inside is what you do when you wanna win, pitching to the batters strengths is what the pirates have done for years. If they hit Votto come September in that last week of the season I will not care in the slightest as long as its not at his head, even votto has not earned the right to dig in....you better go up there with your feet loose in the dirt in this series and that's the way I like it.

Pukesburgh can take their manufactured anger elsewhere, because they sure didn't care when Kimo Von Oeljackass and Wines Hard used cheap shots to end two players' seasons.

Whine some more McCutcheon.

Kimo von Karmaisstillgonnagetyousomedayolhoffen

Chapman has had outstanding control for a long time now
    He had outstanding control other than that one pitch.
    No way to prove it, but probably 80% likely it was intentional.
    It's not like a curveball that slipped or whatever.
    It was a 102 mph fastball. he did it on purpose.
    Honestly, it was too close to McCuthon's head.. it could've really hurt him.
    If you're going to hit someone, don't throw so close to their head
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Chapman has had outstanding control for a long time now
    He had outstanding control other than that one pitch.
    No way to prove it, but probably 80% likely it was intentional.
    It's not like a curveball that slipped or whatever.
    It was a 102 mph fastball. he did it on purpose.
    Honestly, it was too close to McCuthon's head.. it could've really hurt him.
    If you're going to hit someone, don't throw so close to their head
    It hit him level with the "P" on his jersey, right on the logo patch on the arm. Not close enough for me to complain "oh no, too close to the head".

I didn't see the pitch just followed the game thread but-if you're going to throw a brushback pitch it doesn't make sense to do it with one strike left in the game.

I just don't get what he was so pissed about. He got hit in the arm. It really wasnt close to his head. Sure, I bet it hurt, but it's not like Chapman showed him up or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I didn't see the pitch just followed the game thread but-if you're going to throw a brushback pitch it doesn't make sense to do it with one strike left in the game.
    There wasn't one strike left. It was the first pitch of the AB. For the record Hanigan was set up inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Aw they're just ticked 'cuz they got smacked around even when the Reds' three best players weren't on the field.

Cutch was serious thinking about charging the mound...you could see it crossed his mind, but then the other thought crossed his mind, what happened just a mere 3 days ago, a bold, unexpected move by the Reds GM....the acquistion of Jonathan Broxton. For fear of being sat upon, Cutch quickly and quietly proceeded to first.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    I just don't get what he was so pissed about. He got hit in the arm. It really wasnt close to his head. Sure, I bet it hurt, but it's not like Chapman showed him up or anything.
    I don't blame him for being pissed about it at all...actually commend him for brushing it off like he did and Chapman not backing down - all the macho stuff is silly but it's baseball and it happens.

I suspect the Pirates are going to be pretty focused and tough to beat tomorrow. If the Reds win again, it'll be a great statement game, sort of asserting their superiority, and I like it, and I love Chapman's attitude and competitive nature, as well as Latos', these guys aren't the same as the 2010 team that got schooled in the post season at all. They may not score a lot of runs against elite teams, especially with their two best bats on the bench, but they are confident as hell, fun to watch. The city's buzzing.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    It hit him level with the "P" on his jersey, right on the logo patch on the arm. Not close enough for me to complain "oh no, too close to the head".
    It was bush league... I love watching Chapman pitch, but that was stupid and dangerous if intentional.

The guy has pinpoint control his year, I doubt it was an accident.

Just exactly why was there a need to brush back McCutchon when there's two outs in the ninth, leading by 3 runs? There wasn't.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

He'll get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    It was bush league... I love watching Chapman pitch, but that was stupid and dangerous if intentional.

The guy has pinpoint control his year, I doubt it was an accident.

Just exactly why was there a need to brush back McCutchon when there's two outs in the ninth, leading by 3 runs? There wasn't.
    I was addressing the charge that it was "too close to the head".

Sounds like you are a "never brush the other guy back" type of guy. And if so, just say so and I will accept that.

However....

It really wasn't that close to the head, and if there is a good time for a brushback, when would that be?

Turn Off Ads?