Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2010 UC Football

Re: 2010 UC Football

I don't think UC is taking shots downfield because the O-line can't protect Collaros.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    The defense would still be bad if BK was here, but I don't see any chance the offense would be this bad. Jones version of the spread sucks, plain and simple. His play calling is awful, he's playing scared, BK was all for putting a knife to the throat and going for a kill on every single play.

BK is to blame for the poor recruiting in some areas, agree 100%. But the pathetic offense and play calling is all Jones.
    Certainly the blame can be spread. I'm just saying judging jones so far might not be the fairest of things. Expectations were probably set high in most of our minds. I hate seeing some crap this team is doing, but its really really early to know what we are dealing with.

UC doesn't have the tradition to sustain a down year. This could be a total disaster for the Athletic department. They are already in crisis budget mode and has anyone looked at the UC basketball roster yet? They wouldn't be the best team in the MAC.

Not pretty.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Based on what I've seen, UC is the worst team in the Big East. Only UofL and Rutgers are even in the conversation with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    UC doesn't have the tradition to sustain a down year. This could be a total disaster for the Athletic department. They are already in crisis budget mode and has anyone looked at the UC basketball roster yet? They wouldn't be the best team in the MAC.

Not pretty.
    They had down years before they won back to back big east titles just saying.

UC gives up consecutive sacks. Then a mental mistake negates the 1st down.

Maybe Cronin can teach Butch how to say, "We're young" 40,000 times in a press conference.
    Last edited by paintmered; 09-16-2010 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    They had down years before they won back to back big east titles just saying.
    Through a massive, wholly unprecedented funding effort. And now the athletic department is essentially broke. Can't win in big time football and basketball without money. One thing we know about Cincinnati sports fans is, they're fickle. Reds are good, Bengals are respectable...if UC's not a BCS threat the sports money will shift.
    Last edited by guttle11; 09-16-2010 at 10:17 PM.

So does UC win five games this year?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    So does UC win five games this year?
    I'd say 6-6.

We are going to get destroyed by Oklahoma. With this awesome defense, they will put 60 points on the board with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Through a massive, wholly unprecedented funding effort. And now the athletic department is essentially broke. Can't win in big time football and basketball without money. One thing we know about Cincinnati sports fans is, they're fickle. Reds are good, Bengals are respectable...if UC's not a BCS threat the sports money will shift.
    No doubt but the doomsday stuff right now is a little over stated. No doubt there is reasons to worry and its fine, but 1 year isnt going to kill them. It certainly would hurt.

I guess I've been spoiled the past couple of years, but I thought we would be a lot better than this even with a new coach.

So many mistakes, almost as if they're not prepared for games. Missed tackles everywhere...there have been a lotta clean whiffs. Its looking like a down year, but hey, we've yet to play a conference game so who knows. From what I've seen so far though, they're not ready to beat any decent team. Bummer.

At least the Big East is down overall this year. It's just that this team has given no reason tonight to be optimistic about salvaging this season.

Pat Forde: "Cincy cannot block or tackle. Fairly bad combination."

And as evidence of the above post, UC gets stuffed on 3rd and 1. And then again on 4th and 1.

Game over.

http://www.priceisrightlosinghorn.com/

Jesse Palmer is so annoying lol

Turn Off Ads?