Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe it's just me, but...

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Maybe it's just me, but...

I'm rootin' for the Brewers to win the Wildcard and the Mets to choke their way out of the postseason in consecutive seasons.

That 1 game playoff in 1999 still hurts. Let the Mets pay!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Maybe it's just me, but...

it's just you

personally, i'd rather see the mets make it...

getting worried about the white sox now...twins have taken the first two games so far and are now within 1/2 game...yikes...

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    it's just you

personally, i'd rather see the mets make it...

Same here. Brewers have no shot against the Cubs but I think the Mets have a better one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Actually I attribute the Reds blowing that 3 game series against a poor Milwaukee team more to the Reds losing than the 1 game with Mets. But make no mistake, I hate the Mets too...
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

I am not rooting for the Mets......as I see it....that whole team and FO messed with a good guy and manager in WR. I thought he should have been named manager here a few years ago.

The 1999 team blew a few games prior to that 3 to 2 game in MIL.

I recall that game in CLE where Scott Williamson gave up a HR to Vizquel to lose a game and then a game in Cincy blown to the Cubs in the 9th late in the year.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I'm rootin' for the Brewers to win the Wildcard and the Mets to choke their way out of the postseason in consecutive seasons.

It's not just you.

I rather that a small market team that had the stones to go out and get a Sabathia win over a team from NY any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    It's not just you.

I rather that a small market team that had the stones to go out and get a Sabathia win over a team from NY any day of the week.
    Same here. I just can't root for any team from NY. Can't pull for the Red Sox either for that matter.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Same here. I just can't root for any team from NY. Can't pull for the Red Sox either for that matter.
    I wanna jump on the Rays bandwagon and pick up a BP jersey, or a jersey without a player name on it (although if I were to get a player jersey, it would proudly read the name Branyan accompanied by the #29, the best player to ever don a Rays uni), but I fear that jumping on the bandwagon will only help the Red Sox or the Cubs in some fashion, and that's the last thing I want.

I find it ironic how Manuel is getting credit for handling the Mets slide this year. They say talking about choking down the stretch is a good way to handle things. What they fail to mention is that IT ISN'T WINNING ANY GAMES!

I get tired of hearing that having the Rays win.....is now bad for baseball beacuse the Yankees are not in?

Is this the reason they gave for baseball's down cycle in the late 60's and early 70's?

It is good when other teams win and get their own identity and time on top.
    I hope the rays go on a Braves like run.......until we get sick of them as well.
    I get tired of fans on for the Sox and Yankees....assuming that going to the playoffs is a given and should be their right and if they don't...well baseball sucks to them and they will not watch.

The Rays are going to be good for a long, long time. They are loaded with young talent at both the major and minor league level. Just look at their current team: James Shields is only 26, Kazmir is 24, Garza is 24, David Price is 23, Sonnanstine is 25. They also have more stud pitching prospects like Wade Davis, Jacob McGee, Jeff Niemann, and Jeremy Hellickson in the minors. Position players wise, Evan Longoria, B.J. Upton, and Dioner Navarro are all 24 years old or younger. Carl Crawford is only 27. Plus they have Tim Beckham down in the minors. This is an organization capable of stringing together quite a few playoff appearances over the next decade.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 09-25-2008 at 12:49 PM.

I hate the Brewers. I'd like to see them contracted. Rays represent all the underdog I need in this postseason.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Not alone at all. I feel the exact same way (though I don't hold '99 against them). I just hate them.

I'm 100% in for the Rays. I don't care who they beat.

I don't hold the 99 playoff against the Mets. A sad as it was, Al Leiter probably pitched the game of his career. Hats off.

And I fully understand that if we'd have just won one single game elsewhere in the season, there would have been no playoff game. I still hate that the Brewers series knocked us into that playoff game and so I'm fine with seeing the Brewers lose out.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?