Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #25 prospect?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tony Amezcua

0 0%
  • Tucker Barnhart

1 1.82%
  • Drew Cisco

8 14.55%
  • Daniel Corcino

3 5.45%
  • Matt Fairel

0 0%
  • Mark Fleury

3 5.45%
  • Mariekson Gregorius

5 9.09%
  • Jeremy Horst

2 3.64%
  • Jordan Hotchkiss

0 0%
  • Jacob Johnson

1 1.82%
  • Matt Klinker

1 1.82%
  • Wes Mugarian

0 0%
  • Kris Negron

18 32.73%
  • Felix Perez

2 3.64%
  • Cody Puckett

3 5.45%
  • Juan Carlos Sulbaran

1 1.82%
  • Daryl Thompson

6 10.91%
  • Daniel Tuttle

1 1.82%
  • Kyle Waldrop

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #25 prospect?

Who is Redszone's #25 prospect?

Prospect #1 - Aroldis Chapman, LHP
    Prospect #2 - Devin Mesoraco, C
    Prospect #3 - Yorman Rodriguez, CF
    Prospect #4 - Yonder Alonso, 1B
    Prospect #5 - Billy Hamilton, SS
    Prospect #6 - Yasmani Grandal, C
    Prospect #7 - Todd Frazier, IF/OF
    Prospect #8 - Juan Francisco, 3B
    Prospect #9 - Zack Cozart, SS
    Prospect #10 - David Sappelt, CF
    Prospect #11 - Donnie Joseph, LHP
    Prospect #12 - Ismael Guillon, LHP
    Prospect #13 - Brad Boxberger, RHP
    Prospect #14 - Chris Valaika, IF
    Prospect #15 - Kyle Lotzkar, RHP
    Prospect #16 - Ryan LaMarre, OF
    Prospect #17 - Juan Duran, OF
    Prospect #18 - Junior Arias, SS
    Prospect #19 - Sam Lecure, RHP
    Prospect #20 - Ronald Torreyes, IF
    Prospect #21 - Neftali Soto, IF
    Prospect #22 - Jonathan Correa, RHP
    Prospect #23 - Danny Dorn, 1B/OF
    Prospect #24 - Henry Rodriguez, IF

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is Redszone's #25 prospect?

Puckett. Again. HRod made the list and Puckett outplayed him by a wide, wide margin and at a higher level. They also play the same position. Puckett also out-produced Negron, though Negron's D may make up some of that value.

Its getting tough to know who to vote for now (at least for me). Negron, Corcino, Hotchkiss, Cisco, Puckett, Klinker, Gregorius, Perez, Thompson, and others are all deserving at this point and probably would have been top 20 choices just a few years ago.

I went with Corcino here but would have felt comfortable going with any of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Daddy View Post
    Its getting tough to know who to vote for now (at least for me). Negron, Corcino, Hotchkiss, Cisco, Puckett, Klinker, Gregorius, Perez, Thompson, and others are all deserving at this point and probably would have been top 20 choices just a few years ago.

I went with Corcino here but would have felt comfortable going with any of the above.
    Agreed. These candidates have become awfully hard to separate. Which makes it interesting. I'm choosing to blame the closeness for the fact that I've voted inconsistently. In fact, I've voted for three guys still on the board. First, Jacob Johnson, because I have him rated very highly among the starting pitchers. But it was easy to see that he had no chance--and will have no chance for quite a while still--so I switched to Tucker Barnhart. Barnhart, too, is a long way from being elected. So when Jeremy Horst became available, I went with him. He's my second-rated reliever, behind Joseph. And he's been a solid producer throughout his minor-league career. But the fact remains that, in a field this tight, it's hard to be either right or wrong.

Its getting tough to know who to vote for now (at least for me).
    This. The bell curve is really starting to open up. I went with Negron one more time, more out of respect to mth than anything else.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Going with Mark Fleury here

Gotta love a catcher with decent power from the left side

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post

That's also not to mention his patience at the plate and an ability to stick at catcher. If it weren't for Mesoraco and Grandal, RedsZone would be completely in love with him.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post

Excellent call. This post made me look again. Need to move this guy up my list.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Not that I'm a fan, particularly, but I think Josh Ravin warrants a spot on the ballot at this point. Unless somebody has a better idea.

Among the other possibilities . . .

SP: Tanner Robles, Luis Gonzalez

RP: Chase Ware, Mace Thurman, El'Hajj Muhammad, Blaine Howell

C: Kevin Coddington

Corner IF: Carlos Sanchez, Chris Richburg, David Vidal

Middle IF: Miguel Rojas, Humberto Valor, Alex Buchholz

OF: Sean Henry, Jaren Matthews

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Not that I'm a fan, particularly, but I think Josh Ravin warrants a spot on the ballot at this point. Unless somebody has a better idea.
    I like Ravin more than most on here I would imagine. I have him rated ahead of some guys on the ballot, so I agree with you. He made my Top 40.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I like Ravin more than most on here I would imagine. I have him rated ahead of some guys on the ballot, so I agree with you. He made my Top 40.
    Ravin has the velocity and the mechanics to be a very good starting pitcher. However his command has been so bad that he only got to high A for the first time this year. I have no idea where to rate him, but I hope his excellent finish to 2010 at his highest level to date means that he has finally made a breakthrough.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Ravin has the velocity and the mechanics to be a very good starting pitcher. However his command has been so bad that he only got to high A for the first time this year. I have no idea where to rate him, but I hope his excellent finish to 2010 at his highest level to date means that he has finally made a breakthrough.
    Ravin dealt with an injury last year that led to him being back in Dayton this season early on. I think his 'breakthrough' is real though. Going back to last year, before he got injured he was pretty good. Once he got back into the groove of things this year he was pretty good. I like his arsenal too. Nice curveball. As you noted, the control is iffy but he has made some strides. Still would like to see it get better, but right now he is at a point where his walks aren't a major flag, just something you would like to see improved upon.

Before we get too wrapped up in Josh Ravin, what about Phil Valiquette? He seems almost completely forgotten by a lot of us here. He's only a year older, left-handed, and is expected in Louisville next year.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Before we get too wrapped up in Josh Ravin, what about Phil Valiquette? He seems almost completely forgotten by a lot of us here. He's only a year older, left-handed, and is expected in Louisville next year.
    Yep. Same thing as Ravin: Another guy I'm not crazy about, but he has enough positives that he should be an option. To me, both those guys are sort of Boxberger Lite.

Tyler Cline should make the voting pool. He was a high draft choice a couple of years ago and has potential.

Turn Off Ads?