Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google+?

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Google+?

Has anyone tried Google+ yet? Supposed to be the social network that takes down Facebook. It is in beta now with limited users, but most of my friends on it say they like it better than Facebook. (I think they are early adopters who would like anything better than Facebook though.)

I'm still on the fence and want to see what improvements they make to it. Some things I like, but others I don't. It doesn't seem to be as intuitive as Facebook, but that could be because I've been on Facebook for so long.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Google+?

Just got an invite today from my brother. I think it ultimately is a better concept than Facebook, since it's not really a separate place you have to go to be social, but rather it's baked in to everything else Time will tell.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

No invite yet. I'd like to give it a go- I'm pretty much wrapped up in google products and would like to see what they come up with.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    No invite yet. I'd like to give it a go- I'm pretty much wrapped up in google products and would like to see what they come up with.
    PM me your email address and I'll try to send you an invite.

I still have 7 invites left for Twitter if anyone is interested.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I still have 7 invites left for Twitter if anyone is interested.
    I'd gladly take one, if you'd be so kind.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Schnickelfritz

I signed up for it this afternoon. It looks more flexible than FB could ever hope to be.

If anyone has invites and is glad to share them with a forum member, let me know! I deactivated my Facebook account a few months ago and am interested in what Google has planned.

Quote Originally Posted by frenetic wave View Post
    If anyone has invites and is glad to share them with a forum member, let me know! I deactivated my Facebook account a few months ago and am interested in what Google has planned.
    Shoot me your email and I can get one out to you. But if you don't like FB I don't know if Plus is for you. to me, it looks like a redesigned FB with less ads.

Thanks, Eric! Will send that PM right now.

My main issue with Facebook was that I didn't like having the same social profile for work friends, actual friends, family members, etc etc. It sounds like Google+ lets you customize your friend circles better and keep things separated more efficiently. I'm not a giant social profile guy as is but I like the peace of mind of knowing I can keep those different relationship groups from bleeding into one Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by frenetic wave View Post
    Thanks, Eric! Will send that PM right now.

My main issue with Facebook was that I didn't like having the same social profile for work friends, actual friends, family members, etc etc. It sounds like Google+ lets you customize your friend circles better and keep things separated more efficiently. I'm not a giant social profile guy as is but I like the peace of mind of knowing I can keep those different relationship groups from bleeding into one Facebook page.
    I'm a big fan of Circles so far. google+ is really intuitive and skips the artificial, one size fits all "friend request" nature of Facebook.

I have been reading about Google+ and it looks pretty cool.

If anyone has an invite I would appreciate it!

The ability to edit one's on status updates makes it better than facebook. Uses gtalk for chat.

i love it.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I just created my Google+ account. Now I need to figure out how this puppy works. I have only found one person I know that has an account so far. I think the Circles feature is going to make this better than Facebook right from the start. If anybody finds any cool features please share them with us here. Any interest in creating a Redszone circle?

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

I'll take an invite if anyone has extras.

I have to admit, while I like the idea of Facebook having real competition, I'm not sure I want Google to be the one taking them down. They're getting about as monolithic as Microsoft ever was.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Turn Off Ads?