Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Off-season transactions

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Off-season transactions

A contact got in touch with me today about Ellis and had this to say: I last saw him a few years ago, but he was able to get it up to about 93 MPH. With that said, his mechanics were a disaster and his control was quite poor.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm not sure I saw it mentioned elsewhere on the board, but Tim Gustafson signed with the Rockies a while back.

P.J. Phillips was re-signed to a minor league contract. I'm sure his brother had nothing to do with it.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Orioles Designate Trayvon Robinson For Assignment

By Ben Nicholson-Smith [February 8 at 1:05pm CST]
    The Orioles announced that they designated outfielder Trayvon Robinson for assignment. The move creates roster space for right-hander Todd Redmond, who was claimed off of waivers from the Reds.

The Orioles acquired Robinson from Seattle for Robert Andino this past November. Robinson appeared in 46 games for the Mariners in 2012, posting a .221/.294/.324 batting line in 164 plate appearances as a left fielder. The 25-year-old was initially acquired by the Mariners in the three-team trade with the Red Sox and Dodgers that sent Erik Bedard to Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    P.J. Phillips was re-signed to a minor league contract. I'm sure his brother had nothing to do with it.
    (cough)
    Stephen Larkin
    (cough)
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

7. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-10-2013)

From Mark Sheldon:

• The Reds announced Tuesday they signed right-handed pitcher Dakota Mitchell from Australia. Mitchell, 18, attended the MLB Australian Academy for the past two years.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...k_cin&c_id=cin

Former Red, Craig Tatum, is retiring after signing with the Marlins. Pat White hasn't been heard from by the Marlins in a couple months, and there's speculation he's returning to football in the CFL.

Donnie Joseph sighned a one year deal with Kansas City. I'll always be a fan of his.

The Reds re-signed Kanekoa Texeira and Niko Vasquez to minor league contracts.

The Reds re-signed Kanekoa Texeira and Niko Vasquez to minor league contracts.
    Louisville has about 25 pitchers now.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Louisville has about 25 pitchers now.
    I get the feeling we're going to see a lot of pitchers traded for cash considerations this season.

Maybe the plan is station Hamilton in the center of the diamond and have pitchers man the other spots.

15. Likes:

redsmetz (02-17-2013)

Former Louisville Bat Will Ohman signed with the Nationals. Jeremy Hermida signed a minor league contract with the Indians. Drew Benes, a former Reds draft pick who didn't sign, is now with the Rangers.

Former Louisville Bat Will Ohman signed with the Nationals. Jeremy Hermida signed a minor league contract with the Indians. Drew Benes, a former Reds draft pick who didn't sign, is now with the Rangers.
    Maybe its just because the Marlins havent been good, but he looked to have some promise while in Florida. When the Reds signed him I envisioned he would get some playing time and that never happened

Matt Maloney signed a minor league deal with the Red Sox.

Turn Off Ads?