Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Cincy at Pitt

Re: Cincy at Pitt

i actually hope the Reds take all the thunder away from Mike Browns Bungles!!..HEHE

love to see the fans buy Reds tickets over Bengals Tickets.. even the ones on the waiting list

2. Turn Off Ads?

Hey Matt,

Can you do anything about my requests on thread 124??

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    Matt,

How about a good Reds trade or free agent signing this week?
    Sounds good to me...

I don't want to talk about this football team all week....I don't think it's possible....what can you say?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    That's a very good point. Pittsburgh does a great job of playing run defense, though.

And now Chad Johnson catches a pass on fourth down and just backs himself out of bounds short of the stick. Is his head anywhere near the game?
    To be fair to Chad, the way the ball was thrown he didn't have any chance at doing anything other than basically falling out of bounds.

I can understand a pattern in the middle of the field that doesn't get to the sticks, but to throw it to the sideline without trying to get the first doesn't make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Well, on the comical side, I get to listen to Jim Scott's scripted questions at 7:25 a.m. It's funny listening to him try to ask these probing questions when its obvious he doesnt know the name of our quarterback.

I am beginning to feel like the synonymous Bengal coach..when I watch or listen to a game I besmirch my reparation

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Its interesting how little an effect Chris Henry's return has had on this team.

Maybe its time to acknowledge that the team needs to get much better up front on BOTH sides of the football in order to start being anything other than maddeningly inconsistent.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Its interesting how little an effect Chris Henry's return has had on this team.

Maybe its time to acknowledge that the team needs to get much better up front on BOTH sides of the football in order to start being anything other than maddeningly inconsistent.
    I certainly wouldn't be against them upgrading a few positions on the OL as well as the DL. I just hope they stop blowing high draft picks on RBs and DBs for a while. Let's get some real help in the trenches, because that's where games are won and lost.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Why is Rudi still getting the ball?

Why is Dexter Jackson still playing?

Why are the Bengals coordinators and coaches morons?

Why is the Bengals scheme so predictable while other teams disguise things and cause the other team trouble?
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 12-03-2007 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Why is Rudi still getting the ball?

Why is Dexter Jackson still playing?

Why are the Bengals coordinators and coaches morons?

Why is the Bengals scheme so predictable while other teams disguise things and cause the other team trouble?

The answer to all 4 questions: nobody knows why and it probably won't change.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    The Bengals never seem to adjust to the conditions.
    You sincerely could have stopped after the word adjust.

This team has talent on the offensive side, but when a team makes adjustments, the Bengals don't make follow up adjustments. Its sad to watch.

All night, post the first drive, Madden is saying 'The Bengals can't go long, the Steelers are giving them out routes and hooks, but they can't get the deep ball.' Yet over and over you see them not taking what the defense is giving them. This offense is good enough, they just aren't smart enough. You exploit the weakness and the soft spots in a defense, its really simple. A six yard hook, a five yard out...first down. Its not complex. Then when they adjust to try to take that away, you can try to hit on a long pass again.

If its so evident to the fans watching, the broadcasters in the booth, and the guy selling beer in 140, why isn't it evident to the Bengals? I don't understand it.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

It was dreadful watching all those long pass plays that got them nowhere. Seems the Bengal problems aren't just on D. The offense didn't do anything after that first drive.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Sorry about the result, Bengals fans, but thanks for hanging out and chatting during the game. If you're looking for revenge, you probably don't need to wait any longer than 12/09/07 when Pittsburgh faces the New England juggernaut.

I will actually be rooting for Pittsburgh with that one. First time I have ever wanted to see the Steelers win in my entire life I think.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I will actually be rooting for Pittsburgh with that one. First time I have ever wanted to see the Steelers win in my entire life I think.
    I can't do it....and I don't like New England either

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    It was dreadful watching all those long pass plays that got them nowhere. Seems the Bengal problems aren't just on D. The offense didn't do anything after that first drive.
    I thought the defense has played very "2005-like" the past few weeks, not great but not terrible. They have finally had some consistency after all the injuries and while they sometimes make you want to bang your head against the wall, they have been getting turnovers and bending but not breaking. Unfortunately, the offense has played very "2002-like" the whole year (minus the Cleveland and Tenn. games).
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Turn Off Ads?