Thread: Nats release Lopez....

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

Nats release Lopez....

....and LoDuca

Leatherpants really embarrassed the Reds on that one

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/natio..._lopez_re.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Nats release Lopez....

It's not like the trade went swimmingly for us either. It's only now that it’s paying any kind of dividends, and even those are wasted on a losing ball club.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I like Bray and Majewski. Thompson I have doubts about but oh well. I think they should try and make thompson a set up or closer
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Just admit it, at best for the Nats, the trade was a wash. In reality, the Reds got the best of that one. Give it up.

Anybody still think that was a bad trade????

Majewski's e.r.a. is in the high 3.00's, and Bray's is respectable also. Darryl Thompson may be on the DL, but is considered a top prospect by many, and has shown it in flashes.

Didn't look this good necessarily at the time, but that's why you have to assess trades down the road and give them time. Not to mention Magic had a bad arm, and Bray has had some minor problems too.

But Jimbo acted like he got the best of the trade by emphasizing how he got his starting SS and RFer for years to come. How'd that work out, Leatherpants? Hmmmm.

Thank God that clown's no longer our GM.

I hated that trade when it happened stupidest thing i had ever heard! Shows what i know ! Maybe thats why the REDS will not let me be part of the front office ! HMMMM

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    Anybody still think that was a bad trade????
    I do

Not to mention Bray, Majewski, and Thompson all combined are making about 1/10th of what they paid Kearns and now a guy they just RELEASED and ate the entire salary. It's a dead horse, but the Reds obviously won this trade overall.

Turn Off Ads?