Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bengals considering a GM?

Re: Bengals considering a GM?

I do like Randy Mueller though if this turns out to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think we've seen this before. Rumors come out that the Bengals are considering hiring a GM. Things ferment for a few weeks and then Mike Brown gives an interview in which he emphatically states that they will not be hiring a GM.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I think they might do it this time. With the way the economy is the status quo is going to mean a huge drop in season ticket renewals next year. Corporations aren't going to keep flushing money buying luxury suites in this economic environment when none of their clients want to go watch a joke of a franchise.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Sure, Katie Blackburn for GM. That'd be Mike's choice.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Does it matter? Brown could hire a GM but he is still going to strong arm his philosophies on him and I am sure Mike will still retain final say on all moves.
    Exactly. If and when they hire someone, I doubt they'll have any real responsibilities other than scouting the senior bowl and regional college games.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Exactly. If and when they hire someone, I doubt they'll have any real responsibilities other than scouting the senior bowl and regional college games.
    Touché. How else could they draft 2 guys from UCLA, 2 more from Southern Miss, and 2 more from a directional Michigan school?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Build a practice bubble
    Nonsense. Why would Mikey build an indoor practice facility when the University of Cincinnati is going to build one for him? He'll hang out in his Lumina in front of the building to find out when it's not in use, then shuttle the Bengals team in on public busing for "free" indoor practice.

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Touché. How else could they draft 2 guys from UCLA, 2 more from Southern Miss, and 2 more from a directional Michigan school?
    The drugstore list will run you $13 bucks.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Looks like the GM talk lasted about a news cycle.

Do we have any season ticket holders on RZ?

Are you planning on renewing your tickets?

If so, WHY?
    I am. Because it's always good to watch a game and because I am not a band wagon fan.

Quote Originally Posted by eichstadtreds View Post
    I am. Because it's always good to watch a game and because I am not a band wagon fan.
    What does that mean? People who are tired of being Mike Brown's pocketliners are bandwagon fans?

There is a difference between bandwagon and allowing yourself to be completely taken advantage of by an owner.

"Bandwagon fan" is one of the most idiotic phrases in sports.

Quote Originally Posted by redhawkfish View Post
    What does that mean? People who are tired of being Mike Brown's pocketliners are bandwagon fans?

There is a difference between bandwagon and allowing yourself to be completely taken advantage of by an owner.

"Bandwagon fan" is one of the most idiotic phrases in sports.
    I look at it as supporting a team not an owner. And it is Bandwagon fans, when they win there was a waiting list of 50,000 people now it is much easier to get season tickets. Mike Brown has been the owner through it all. So if you had season tickets at the time you were lining the pockets of Mike Brown. His philosphy didn't change, he was still cheap, the only difference was they were winning. Bandwagon fans are people who only support a team when they are winning. I understand hating Mike Brown but i still enjoy going to game.

I'm the furthest thing from a bandwagon fan.

I support the Bengals, I cheer for the Bengals, I talk about the Bengals, I type about the Bengals ... when they're winning (rarely) or more usually when they're finding new and unusual ways to suck.

Would I give Mike Brown thousands of my hard earned dollars, however? Hell no.

I'm the furthest thing from a bandwagon fan.

I support the Bengals, I cheer for the Bengals, I talk about the Bengals, I type about the Bengals ... when they're winning (rarely) or more usually when they're finding new and unusual ways to suck.

Would I give Mike Brown thousands of my hard earned dollars, however? Hell no.
    I was talking more about the people who spend money when they win but won't when they lose. It all goes to Mike Brown always has, always will at least to someone in the Brown family.

Quote Originally Posted by eichstadtreds View Post
    I was talking more about the people who spend money when they win but won't when they lose. It all goes to Mike Brown always has, always will at least to someone in the Brown family.
    Maybe when Mike dies Katie will run things differently. Perhaps watching her father bumble around all these years has taught her something. Perhaps the Brown "GENIUS" gene skips a generation.

We can pray at least.

Turn Off Ads?