Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NBA Season

Re: 2013 NBA Season

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    I'm well aware of that, but that doesn't solve the endorsement problem, which again, helps the Brooklyns and hurts the Milwaukees.
    But that's going to be a problem with signing anyone much less a rookie. A team like the Heat has money tied up with the Big 3 and they aren't going to get into a bidding war with other teams. If you're good enough, you'll get endorsements wherever you are. Heck even Nate Robinson has a Taco Bell commercial. Endorsements weren't a problem with LeBron when he was in CLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Alas, the NBA players union won't go along with that.
    The NBA players' union are comprised of idiots. Billy Hunter could have cared less about the future of the league while he was in charge. He made the top players uber-rich instead of working on offering more balanced payoffs to more people.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I think it would work. A hard cap would be the key. It would level the financial playing field and reward smart teams. It would promote parity because the great players would get paid more and be more spread throughout the league. There is no way Miami could exist in that kind of environment. LeBron could make 40 million a year or more. If that were the case, no Bosh, no Wade.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Rockets 3/4s of the way in completing a nice week. Portland on Sunday.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

If the Pacers play as gawd-awful poorly as they did tonight in Charlotte, they'll get absolutely clubbed in Houston.
    Ahem.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

holy cactus! Phoenix suns are back

where's the hoops? Barcelona vs fenarbahce, I don't even need to stretch for this one. Also I shaved this morning, automatic disqualifier from watching Spanish hoops

JOHN HANKOCK is in a marquee matchup with JOHN HANKOCK on abc
    Last edited by Orenda; 03-09-2014 at 02:40 PM.

I think the nba is actively involved with the "conspiracy of mount Olympus" first JOHN HANKOCK only played for Chicago but now he's showing up everywhere...it's crazy...also is it just me or are these old growth forests looking younger than ever...crazy!
    Last edited by Orenda; 03-09-2014 at 04:00 PM.

upset over lakers win translation

So, Phil Jackson may be taking a front office job with the Knicks.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    So, Phil Jackson may be taking a front office job with the Knicks.
    I hear Dolan is trying to decide between Jackson or bringing back Isiah Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I hear Dolan is trying to decide between Jackson or bringing back Isiah Thomas.
    Sounds like a Dolan move for Thomas.

I'm hoping for Jackson so he is nowhere near LA - LA - Land when Dantoni gets fired.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Rockets 3/4s of the way in completing a nice week. Portland on Sunday.
    It's hard to play 5 on 8.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I think it would work. A hard cap would be the key. It would level the financial playing field and reward smart teams. It would promote parity because the great players would get paid more and be more spread throughout the league. There is no way Miami could exist in that kind of environment. LeBron could make 40 million a year or more. If that were the case, no Bosh, no Wade.
    Now, this could very well work. Granted -- and I know that I'm in the minority -- I don't really have a beef with the state of the game right now. If they (Your ideas) were to be implemented, I'd like to see -- once, again, I'm positive that I'm in the minority -- the league return to allowing players go directly to the NBA instead of the ridiculous one-and-done nonsense. Who knows, it may even bring rookie wages down in some cases as teams may be hesitant to throw significant $$$$ at players unproven beyond the high school level.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Sounds like a Dolan move for Thomas.

I'm hoping for Jackson so he is nowhere near LA - LA - Land when Dantoni gets fired.
    It doesn't matter who is in the front office in NYC as long as Dolan is owner, that team isn't going anywhere.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?