Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Most overrated player in baseball?

Re: Most overrated player in baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan08 View Post
    and what good has those numbers done for this team in my opinion Joey Votto is nothng more than an overpaid Sean Casey.
    Yes because it always makes absolute sense to blame the problems of the Reds on the best player on the team. Great logic there, buddy.

As for the Sean Casey comparison, I'm not even touching that ridiculousness.

2. Likes:

westofyou (09-02-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Yeah, I'm not seeing it.
    i think Rizzo was hitting just shy of .300 when he signed that big contract and now he is like .230.

I like how Sean Casey would come up and about every game our announcers would say "this guy is a .300 hitter with RISP".....then he bats 3rd most of the year and ends with like 57 RBI (without all the walks)

Mat Latos is nothing more than an overpaid Paul Wilson. Shoot, Wilson even started an opening day, didn't he? When's Latos done that?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

7. Likes:

Larkin Fan (09-01-2013),TOBTTReds (09-01-2013),Tom Servo (09-01-2013),Wonderful Monds (09-02-2013)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

and what good has those numbers done for this team in my opinion Joey Votto is nothng more than an overpaid Sean Casey.
    What good have they done? Well, they have led to a whole bunch of runs being scored. They have led to Joey Votto scoring a bunch of runs and to Brandon Phillips and Jay Bruce having a whole bunch of RBI. Aren't runs good in baseball?

How u doin

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    What good have they done? Well, they have led to a whole bunch of runs being scored. They have led to Joey Votto scoring a bunch of runs and to Brandon Phillips and Jay Bruce having a whole bunch of RBI. Aren't runs good in baseball?
    denial denial denial dont get me wrong I think Joey Votto is a good player but not 200million dollars good if you actually think hes worth all that money I cant argue with you anymore because it not going to get us anywhere the only thing we can agree on is to disagree I guess

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Doug, don't bite man! That's too easy...and if he's honest, would take way too long to explain.

It is frustrating watching Votto digress on defense and simply be without focus so often on the bases....mixed with .050 lower slugging....well it frustrates me also more than anytime in the past 5 years.

On his lower slug % some claimed that coming off the knee injury.....just more proof he shouldn't be playing every day and leading the league in plate appearances.

denial denial denial dont get me wrong I think Joey Votto is a good player but not 200million dollars good if you actually think hes worth all that money I cant argue with you anymore because it not going to get us anywhere the only thing we can agree on is to disagree I guess
    Ok Marty.

13. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (09-02-2013)

I thought Sean Casey was the overpaid Sean Casey?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Do you have an aversion to punctuation?

16. Likes:

marcshoe (09-01-2013),Wonderful Monds (09-02-2013)

How u doin

Quote Originally Posted by TOBTTReds View Post
    Ok Marty.
    Hey he is an award winnng hall of fame broadcaster I will take it

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    It is frustrating watching Votto digress on defense and simply be without focus so often on the bases....mixed with .050 lower slugging....well it frustrates me also more than anytime in the past 5 years.

On his lower slug % some claimed that coming off the knee injury.....just more proof he shouldn't be playing every day and leading the league in plate appearances.
    I agree that he is frustrating to watch right now, but it is mainly because I expect so much from him. Votto is a much better hitter than Bruce, but he frustrates me more because there were times that Votto was almost fictionally successful.

I honestly don't think it would be such a big deal if the media didn't turn this into some team MVP thing between Phillips and Votto. If Phillips played for the A's, we would never be comparing the two and trying to figure out which guy is better for the team. We'd probably talk about how someone else needs to step up and help Votto.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

He isn't being paid $200M. This season, he was paid $17M and he was worth every penny of it. Next year he makes $12M and the year after that he makes $14M. My guess is that he will be well worth those prices too.

You are probably right though, we should just agree to disagree because your logic on value/worth of a baseball player is probably directly tied to RBI and well, yeah, I simply can't get behind that.

That Joey Votto guy is an award winning baseball player. Ya know, that award for overrated players known as the MVP award.

21. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-01-2013),westofyou (09-01-2013)

Turn Off Ads?