Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Redszone Dynasty League 2013 -- Season 5

Re: Redszone Dynasty League 2013 -- Season 5

Can we get a reminder of how the draft process works? We have X rounds and then we drop from our roster when we pick a guy up?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Here are my 4 players to drop.

1. Grady Sizemore
    2. Adam Lind
    3. Michael Pineda
    4. Carlos Lee
    Last edited by Gallen5862; 02-09-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    4. Carlos Lee
    Oh boy! CAN'T WAIT TO DRAFT HIM!

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Can we get a reminder of how the draft process works? We have X rounds and then we drop from our roster when we pick a guy up?
    Exactly. We have always done five rounds in the past.

8 of 12 have signed in. and AD, i "discovered" my trick in the end of the 2011 season.. not difficult trick, but hasn't completely paid off yet. I expect it will this season though.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Our 30-man rosters will be finalized this weekend. The draft will begin approximately March 10th. So there will be a month to make trades and plan for the draft by viewing the available players on the website.

• The draft will last for 5 rounds.
    • Each team has 10 hours to post their pick when their turn is on the clock.
    • When you draft a player you may also have to drop a player to make sure you don't exceed the limit of 30 players.
    • Draft picks can be traded.
    • If you get skipped because you didn't post your pick within 10 hours you can still make your pick when you return to the site.

Is there an available team?
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Is there an available team?
    Sorry, our league is full. I will keep you in mind should a team become available. We are going into our 5th season and we still have 10 of our original 12 team owners. Two owners dropped out after the 2nd season but we replaced them with good players who are still here. I will send you a PM with info about another league that has an opening, although I am not the commissioner of that one. It is composed mostly of Redszoners too.

Rosters are finalized and you can now set your lineups, propose trades and begin planning for the draft.

2013 Draft Order:
    Code:
    1.1	redsfandan		2.1	stephenk29		3.1	redsfandan		4.1	GAllen5862		5.1	GAllen5862
    1.2	camisadelgolf		2.2	mbgrayson		3.2	stephenk29		4.2	stephenk29		5.2	stephenk29
    1.3	nate			2.3	Atomic Dumpling		3.3	nate			4.3	nate			5.3	nate
    1.4	CRF2000			2.4	CRF2000			3.4	CRF2000			4.4	CRF2000			5.4	CRF2000
    1.5	gilpdawg		2.5	redsfandan		3.5	gilpdawg		4.5	gilpdawg		5.5	GAllen5862
    1.6	RedsManRick		2.6	RedsManRick		3.6	RedsManRick		4.6	RedsManRick		5.6	RedsManRick
    1.7	Basecloggers		2.7	Basecloggers		3.7	Basecloggers		4.7	Basecloggers		5.7	Basecloggers
    1.8	redsfandan		2.8	gilpdawg		3.8	nate			4.8	stephenk29		5.8	camisadelgolf is #1
    1.9	TRF's debacle		2.9	TRF's debacle		3.9	TRF's debacle		4.9	TRF's debacle		5.9	TRF's debacle
    1.10	mbgrayson		2.10	mbgrayson		3.10	mbgrayson		4.10	mbgrayson		5.10	camisadelgolf is #1
    1.11	Atomic Dumpling		2.11	Atomic Dumpling		3.11	Atomic Dumpling		4.11	Atomic Dumpling		5.11	camisadelgolf is #1
    1.12	GAllen5862		2.12	gilpdawg		3.12	GAllen5862		4.12	redsfandan		5.12	camisadelgolf is #1
    Camisadelgolf is trying to corner the market on 5th round picks. He made a whole bunch of draft pick trades last year.

I had some difficulty finalizing the official draft order due to confusion caused by the trading of 2013 draft picks before the 2012 draft. All draft pick trades made in February and early March of 2012 (before the draft) were intended to be made using 2012 draft picks but on the website they were factored into the 2013 draft. That resulted in some draft picks being traded later during the 2012 season that were not actually owned by the team that traded them. I was able to make some adjustments to substitute the closest draft pick still owned by that player so the overall side effects were minor. I believe I did this in the fairest way possible, but if anyone wants to double-check my work and show me a better way then I might make some further slight adjustments to the draft order. I think it is very close though. This is a confusing subject and it is hard to describe it fully here, but if anyone wants to discuss just send me an email or a PM on Redszone. We will have to make some changes to our pre-draft trading process to prevent this from happening again.

This problem has never arisen before because we have rarely traded draft picks in prior years. Last year we did. A lot in fact. The problem is caused by the fact we have a slow offline draft rather than a live draft on the website. In most leagues you can't see your roster before the draft, but since we have 30 keepers it would be crazy for us to not be able to see our full rosters before the draft. So the best option for me as Commissioner is to use the "Finalize Keepers and the Draft" option on the website as soon as all teams are registered and have selected their 30 keepers. I did that yesterday. So as far as the Yahoo league site is concerned we have already had our 2013 draft. So any traded draft picks from here on out are reflected on the 2014 draft -- not the 2013 draft. If I didn't do it that way we would not be able to make ANY trades before the draft nor would we be able to easily distinguish which players in the Free Agent list are going to be available in the draft. Making player trades and planning for the draft are higher priority over the next month than trading draft picks.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
    We can trade draft picks for the upcoming 2013 draft, but we can't use the Yahoo trading system for doing so. If you would like to include an exchange of 2013 draft picks in a trade please do so using the Comments area of the trade proposal and notify me when the trade is complete so I can change the 2013 draft order. Any traded draft pick using the checkmark system in the trade proposal application will be considered a trade of 2014 draft picks. The checkmark system in the trade application shows that every team has a pick in every round, but due to traded picks that is certainly not the case for the 2013 draft. So if you forget and include 2013 draft picks in your trade proposals you are likely to end up trading picks that don't exist. Please consult the official 2013 draft order posted here and in the Commissioner's Note for use in all trades.

I have not chosen a specific date to start the draft yet, but it will be near March 2nd. Each team will have a 10 hour time limit to post their pick.

What trade did I make that resulted in the loss of my second round pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    What trade did I make that resulted in the loss of my second round pick?
    On May 30th, 2012 you traded Mariano Rivera and your 2nd round pick to camisadelgolf for Dayan Viciedo, Jemile Weeks, Michael Pineda and his 5th round pick. Camisadelgolf subsequently traded that pick to stephenk29 on June 28th.

If anyone is interested in viewing last years trades you can still do so. Just go to our Yahoo league page, then find the dropdown box where it says 2013 (near the top on the right) and select 2012 from the dropdown. Then at the bottom of the 2012 page where it says Recent Transactions click "View All". Then click "Trades".

Thanks AtomicDumpling.

This is a minor revision of the draft order. In the previous list I transposed picks 2.3 and 2.5. That happened because at one time camisadelgolf owned both of them, and when he traded one of them I swapped the wrong one in the list. He later traded the other one as well. So now both of those picks are with their proper owners.

2013 Draft Order:
    Code:
    1.1	redsfandan		2.1	stephenk29		3.1	redsfandan		4.1	GAllen5862		5.1	GAllen5862
    1.2	camisadelgolf		2.2	mbgrayson		3.2	stephenk29		4.2	stephenk29		5.2	stephenk29
    1.3	nate			2.3	redsfandan		3.3	nate			4.3	nate			5.3	nate
    1.4	CRF2000			2.4	CRF2000			3.4	CRF2000			4.4	CRF2000			5.4	CRF2000
    1.5	gilpdawg		2.5	Atomic Dumpling		3.5	gilpdawg		4.5	gilpdawg		5.5	GAllen5862
    1.6	RedsManRick		2.6	RedsManRick		3.6	RedsManRick		4.6	RedsManRick		5.6	RedsManRick
    1.7	Basecloggers		2.7	Basecloggers		3.7	Basecloggers		4.7	Basecloggers		5.7	Basecloggers
    1.8	redsfandan		2.8	gilpdawg		3.8	nate			4.8	stephenk29		5.8	camisadelgolf
    1.9	TRF's debacle		2.9	TRF's debacle		3.9	TRF's debacle		4.9	TRF's debacle		5.9	TRF's debacle
    1.10	mbgrayson		2.10	mbgrayson		3.10	mbgrayson		4.10	mbgrayson		5.10	camisadelgolf
    1.11	Atomic Dumpling		2.11	Atomic Dumpling		3.11	Atomic Dumpling		4.11	Atomic Dumpling		5.11	camisadelgolf
    1.12	GAllen5862		2.12	gilpdawg		3.12	GAllen5862		4.12	redsfandan		5.12	camisadelgolf
    IMPORTANT NOTE:
    We can trade draft picks for the upcoming 2013 draft, but we can't use the Yahoo trading system for doing so. If you would like to include an exchange of 2013 draft picks in a trade please do so using the Comments area of the trade proposal and notify me when the trade is complete so I can change the 2013 draft order. Any traded draft pick using the checkmark system in the trade proposal application will be considered a trade of 2014 draft picks. The checkmark system in the trade application shows that every team has a pick in every round, but due to traded picks that is certainly not the case for the 2013 draft. So if you forget and include 2013 draft picks in your trade proposals you are likely to end up trading picks that don't exist. Please consult the official 2013 draft order posted here and in the Commissioner's Note for use in all trades.

I have not chosen a specific date to start the draft yet, but it will be near March 2nd. Each team will have a 10 hour time limit to post their pick.

One other note, according to the Yahoo Fantasy Freakshow Podcast they will be adding additional minor leaguers to the player pool sometime within the next couple of weeks. Yahoo's stats provider forgot to add them so Yahoo has instructed them to correct the error. This should happen before our draft. If it does not we may push the draft back a week or so.

15. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-12-2013)

Stupid camisa causing all the confusion!

Of the 60 picks in the draft, at least 25% of them have belonged to me at some point.

Turn Off Ads?