Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread Etiquette

I'm toolsy.

Game Thread Etiquette

I was reading the “Game Thread Forum A Mess” Thread on ORG and thought I would try to contribute a little. I think if these simple rules / suggestions could be included either as a sticky in the Game Thread Forum or in each individual game thread, it would be quite beneficial. Please review and contribute anything that you feel necessary:

1) This thread is for current game info only. Please resist posting off topic items here. If you feel the need to post something that is not directly related to this game, do so in the Reds Live or Old Reds Guard (ORG) Forum.

2) The first post of each game thread should be the line-ups for that nights game. If only the Reds line-up is available, the opponents line-up should be added to that first post as soon as possible.

3) Use this Forum as a means for commentary on the game. Commentary DOES NOT include “so-and-so sucks”. That is unintelligent and a waste of thread space. If you are not a fan of a player or don't agree with a managerial decision. Please at least take the time to explain why and make sure that it is relavent to the game being discussed. There are plenty of threads in other areas where you can discuss why you don't like Eddie Milner so if it's not relavent to the game, don't bring it here.

4) A single person should be elected at the beginning of each thread to provide play by play. The PBP person should be respected as they are providing a means for following the game for those of us who cannot tune in. There is no need for more than one PBP person as this just adds confusion to the game thread.

5) Just like all other forums on this great board, the Game Threads are no place to beg for positive rep or complain about negative rep. As a rule, DO NOT MENTION REP.

6) All general board rules (listed at the bottom of each page) should be observed at all times.

Like I said, please add to this accordingly. I’m sure it is not complete, but maybe it is a good starting point to get the game threads back to enjoyable.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Game Thread Etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRedsGM View Post
    There are plenty of threads in other areas where you can discuss why you don't like Eddie Milner so if it's not relavent to the game, don't bring it here.
    What's wrong with Eddie Milner?

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRedsGM View Post
    4) A single person should be elected at the beginning of each thread to provide play by play. The PBP person should be respected as they are providing a means for following the game for those of us who cannot tune in. There is no need for more than one PBP person as this just adds confusion to the game thread.

Elected?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Elected?
    hahaha. Chip didn't get a ballot. Chip didn't get a ballot...
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Elected?
    Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

FRGM...that is a fantastic synopsis of that conversation and guidelines that are absolutely sound in all respects. Well done.

I vote for Pedro.

no...not THAT Pedro...
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMilner View Post
    What's wrong with Eddie Milner?
    Makes all the routine posts.

I think everyone should, when in the game thread, type with their pinky finger sticking out.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I think everyone should, when in the game thread, type with their pinky finger sticking out.
    That's not the common practice anyway? I feel so... so refined!

Can he be stopped?

Is the "one person doing PBP" a tenable situation? Honestly, anytime something happens, eighty people have to do one of these:

:hamilton:

I agree with the rest, but people are going to do multiple PBP. Some people will just do it better.

Makes all the routine posts.

Now that that's out of the way, what's proper game thread attire?
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Thats the one I type with!!!

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    Now that that's out of the way, what's proper game thread attire?
    I usually wear a monocle... that's it, just a monocle.

Turn Off Ads?