Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 71 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Re: Official RedsZone Movie Thread (pt. III)

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    It was pretty good other than the fact I couldn't believe he died in the end.
    Yeah, and he didn't need to. There was room for both him and Mary Todd on the raft.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Does anyone else listen to the "How Did This Get Made?" podcast? They share my deep love for good/bad movies. It might be my favorite podcast, and that is saying something.

Some of my favorite good/bad movies:
    Con Air (absolutely everything about that movie is wonderful, terrible, unbelievable, and ridiculous)
    Roadhouse (the hair, the glorious hair, and one of the great movie villains of all time)
    Point Break (any movie with Reeves, Swayze, and Busey on the poster has my full attention)
    Any Fast movie (Vin is spectacular)
    Most Stallone movies (Over the Top is an excellent example)
    Face Off

There are just so many.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Does anyone else listen to the "How Did This Get Made?" podcast? They share my deep love for good/bad movies. It might be my favorite podcast, and that is saying something.

Con Air (absolutely everything about that movie is wonderful, terrible, unbelievable, and ridiculous)
    Roadhouse (the hair, the glorious hair, and one of the great movie villains of all time)
    Point Break (any movie with Reeves, Swayze, and Busey on the poster has my full attention)
    Face Off

There are just so many.
    Just about anything starring Nic Cage could be on that list...

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post

Face Off

There are just so many.
    I love that podcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Just about anything starring Nic Cage could be on that list...
    The Rock would be at the top of my Nic Cage list.

Followed by: Gone in Sixty Seconds, Wicker Man, The Family Man, Snake Eyes, and Bringing out the Dead

The list could go on, but recently his movies have been super bad.

The Rock is another story altogether, but I'm talking about Dwayne Johnson.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post

Followed by: Gone in Sixty Seconds, Wicker Man, The Family Man, Snake Eyes, and Bringing out the Dead

Have you seen Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call, New Orleans? Infinitely entertaining. I found Drive Angry to be pretty fun as well.

I wouldn't put Bringing Out the Dead in with those other "so bad they're fun" movies--that's a Scorsese flick. If we're talking movies Cage seriously performs in, you gotta start with Adaptation...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Have you seen Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call, New Orleans? Infinitely entertaining. I found Drive Angry to be pretty fun as well.

I wouldn't put Bringing Out the Dead in with those other "so bad they're fun" movies--that's a Scorsese flick. If we're talking movies Cage seriously performs in, you gotta start with Adaptation...
    You could start with Raising Arizona as well. His resume has to be one of the strangest of all time (although DeNiro has given him a run for his money lately).

Speaking of Good/Bad movies, has anyone seen The Room? It might be the ultimate example. If you don't know about it, go to youtube and watch some scenes. It is simply indescribable.

I do feel bad piling onto the movie as much as some do. Unlike the movies I listed above, Tommy Wisseau (the director, writer, and star) was making his first movie, had no previous film experience, funded it himself, and has every excuse for making a truly terrible movie. Real actors and directors like Cage, DeNiro, and Spielberg don't. They've made great movies.

With all that said, when my friends and I watched The Room, we had to stop the DVD every 5 minutes or so to discuss what had just happened. We have never done that with a movie before or since. The ubiquitous question was, "Wait, what did he just say? Does that even make sense?" It is a movie experience that is worth having. (Just be nice to poor Tommy)...

Saw Silver Linings Playbook and Killing Them Softly this weekend. I thought the latter was solid, but the former was one of my favorites of 2012...

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I saw Skyfall last night. I would have to agree with everyone here. One of the best Bond films I've seen.
    The villain and the way Javier played him....Was almost Joker like to me. These Bonds movies had to change after the Bourne and Batman movies came out and starting pushing movies ...action movies like these...to be smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post

How does he keep being allowed to be in movies. He is almost Bruce Willis like in the teflon department of usage in movies. It's like Mike Brown making HC decisions and no matter how much the HC deserves to be canned.....he still keeps him.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVu3gS7iJu4

Hopefully Snyder has finally made a movie that lives up to its trailer.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVu3gS7iJu4

Hopefully Snyder has finally made a movie that lives up to its trailer.
    We need more comic book movies like the Avengers. I'm tired of the brooding superhero. Especially Superman, who should, in theory, embrace camp more than all the rest.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    We need more comic book movies
    I'd be pretty happy if they never made another comic book movie, actually...

Turn Off Ads?