Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jared Burton

Re: Jared Burton

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Any chance Milton will start the season on the DL?

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

When does Hunting season for Aged LHP's start?
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    We can only hope. Is he reportedly working through an injury right now?
    The true fans of Redzone dream big.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    When does Hunting season for Aged LHP's start?
    in southern Ohio I hear it starts on April 2nd.

Milton is flat out awful.

My starting 4 (no need for a 5th starter for a while) is:

Harang
    Arroyo
    Belisle
    Lohse

I'd release or DL Milton, and let the battle for the 5 spot begin.

Santos vs EZ. Steel Cage Match.

I'd love it if Cormier followed Milton out of town in Wilson's wake. Burton AND Salmon should be in the pen. Come September we might see the Major League debut of Homer Bailey. I think we all expect that. But I think we could also see the ML debut of Tyler Pelland too if some of these aging lefties (Cormier, Stanton, Guardado) have trouble, and some of the seemingly brittle lefties (Bray) are ineffective.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by I(heart)Freel View Post
    Just heard Jerry talking to Marty in pregame.

I'm starting to think - based on language like "we'll do everything we can to keep (Burton)" - that you can slot Burton as your last bullpen arm and therefore can pencil Saarloos in for the fifth starter.

Belisle will go to AAA and be the early-season (pre-Homer) starter call-up when Milton gets hurt/hit.
    Don't we have room for both?

Rotation
    1. Harang
    2. Arroyo
    3. Lohse
    4. Belisle
    5. Milton

Bullpen
    1. Weathers
    2. Stanton
    3. Coffey
    4. Bray
    5. Cormier
    6. Burton
    7. Saarloos

I'm assuming that Majewski starts the season on the DL. I'm still not sold that Krivsky is guaranteeing Hermanson anything (which appears to be the likely alternative to Belisle/Burton if we do go with a veteran).

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    Don't we have room for both?

Rotation
    1. Harang
    2. Arroyo
    3. Lohse
    4. Belisle
    5. Milton

Bullpen
    1. Weathers
    2. Stanton
    3. Coffey
    4. Bray
    5. Cormier
    6. Burton
    7. Saarloos

I'm assuming that Majewski starts the season on the DL. I'm still not sold that Krivsky is guaranteeing Hermanson anything (which appears to be the likely alternative to Belisle/Burton if we do go with a veteran).
    Hermanson is a devout Christian like Narron. I have noticed in the past two years that if you share Narron's religious views you get the benefit of the doubt on whole other level. I'm not even kidding. Claussen, Hermanson, Wilson are three off the top of my head. (Hamilton currently) Kinda strange but hey whatever works I guess.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Hermanson is a devout Christian like Narron. I have noticed in the past two years that if you share Narron's religious views you get the benefit of the doubt on whole other level. I'm not even kidding. Claussen, Hermanson, Wilson are three off the top of my head. Kinda strange but hey whatever works I guess.
    But Narron hasn't really given any special treatment to either of Claussen or Wilson. When they had their rotation spots they were both in the top 5 pitchers for the Reds before injuries.

Has Narron given the benefit of the doubt in instances where guys clearly shouldn't have had jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    But Narron hasn't really given any special treatment to either of Claussen or Wilson. When they had their rotation spots they were both in the top 5 pitchers for the Reds before injuries.

Has Narron given the benefit of the doubt in instances where guys clearly shouldn't have had jobs?
    I'm talking more about Spring Training and hanging with guys too long or giving them too much hype.
    Cedric 3/24/08

Turn Off Ads?