Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Narron must be sick Dunn in the cleanup spot today

got alil captain in u?

Narron must be sick Dunn in the cleanup spot today

narron must be sick or something dunn in the cleanup spot but no junior today hopper in right. I still think hatteberg should leadoff freel is just not getting it done there right now

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Narron must be sick Dunn in the cleanup spot today

I hate it too, when the team's leading RBI guy bats cleanup.

got alil captain in u?

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    I hate it too, when the team's leading RBI guy bats cleanup.
    i kno wat a trivial idea bat the guy who has good on base percentage and leads the team in RBI's in the cleanup spot wow that must of stumped ole jerry

Well, at the risk of defending Narron, I'm sure he's kept Dunn out of the 4 hole because of his performance last year in that spot. In 2006, AD had 209 PA, 2nd only to the 222 he had in the 5th spot, and here is his line:

.189/.340/.408/.748

This year, Narron's kept him mainly in either the 2nd or 6th spot, where he's done well. Last year, his numbers in those spots:

(2nd): 144 PA, .317/.417/.593/1.010
    (6th): 17 PA, .308/.438/1.000/1.438

So, believe it or not, there seems to be a method to Narron's madness.

17 at bats is so small of a sample size that I dont even count it. If we can all find these numbers why isnt Dunn batting 2nd for a manager whos suppose to be a "baseball guy"?

i kno wat a trivial idea bat the guy who has good on base percentage and leads the team in RBI's in the cleanup spot wow that must of stumped ole jerry
    Coming into todays game (5/28) Dunn was hitting .195 with runners in scoring position. Including 18 K's in 41 AB's. The numbers worsen when there are RISP with 2 outs and his BA drops to .143.

By setting up the lineup in a traditional manner (ie: 4th hitter has the majority of chances with RISP) I am not a fan of Dunn hitting 4. In 54 AB's in the 6-hole he is hitting .278 with 13 RBI's.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    17 at bats is so small of a sample size that I dont even count it. If we can all find these numbers why isnt Dunn batting 2nd for a manager whos suppose to be a "baseball guy"?
    Dunn's also doing very well in the 6 spot this year: .278/.391/.759/1.150

And Narron has batted Dunn 2nd quite a few times this year. But it's tough to keep him there when he goes into one of his nasty slumps.

Turn Off Ads?