Choo
    Mesoraco
    Votto
    Phillips
    Bruce
    Frazier
    X Paul
    Cozart

Cozart's K's and DP's are not working in the 2 hole, dead pull hitter, no discipline.
    The Reds have def some weaknesses on offense. They traded Gregorius way to soon, IMHO
    I like this lineup. Mes is giving good at bats even when he gets out. He has been on base in every game he's played as well. I like your choice of Phillips over Frazier in the cleanup spot because he consistently gives a better at bat than Frazier and IMO does a better job of handling good pitching. Paul and heisey should both be backups but Paul is giving way better at bats at this point. Nice line up!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: best current Reds lineup

Is something wrong with mesoraco, miller is catching again today, I understand. Miller catching a day a week to give mes a break, but this is two out of three days , am I missing something here.

Quote Originally Posted by cincyredway View Post
    Is something wrong with mesoraco, miller is catching again today, I understand. Miller catching a day a week to give mes a break, but this is two out of three days , am I missing something here.
    I think baker straight up just doesn't like Mez. I understand cingrani was caught by miller in AAA but miller has no future in this team as a player and Mez needs to learn the pitchers. Miller can't hit either, which makes this make even less sense given the teams current offensive struggles. It's like putting two pitchers in an already struggling ineup. Even when mes is getting out for the most part he's working the pitcher or hits it hard. This is ridiculous.

Great thread, oldredsfan! While all posts here make great points, I personally like giving Robinson a chance. Yes, he's been in the minors for years, and only posts a .267 avg there, his speed is something to be reckoned with. This guy is FAST fast. Not to mention, he was named to the Minor League Rawlings Gold Glove award team (which obviously is given to the best defensive players in the minors).

Choo at first to lead off the game, if we're playing a top notch pitcher and feel the need to play small ball and scrape out a run . . . Robinson will beat out that bunt for a single more than a handful of times, putting two on for Votto. And if he doesn't, Votto has Choo on 2nd w/a base open, and BP smiling in the on deck circle (obviously this is considering our injuries). Good luck w/that National League.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMemphis View Post
    Great thread, oldredsfan! While all posts here make great points, I personally like giving Robinson a chance. Yes, he's been in the minors for years, and only posts a .267 avg there, his speed is something to be reckoned with. This guy is FAST fast. Not to mention, he was named to the Minor League Rawlings Gold Glove award team (which obviously is given to the best defensive players in the minors).

Choo at first to lead off the game, if we're playing a top notch pitcher and feel the need to play small ball and scrape out a run . . . Robinson will beat out that bunt for a single more than a handful of times, putting two on for Votto. And if he doesn't, Votto has Choo on 2nd w/a base open, and BP smiling in the on deck circle (obviously this is considering our injuries). Good luck w/that National League.
    Some good points. I think the reds lineup has been one dimensional for awhile. It's mostly power based with no productive speed in recent memory. Idk if Robinson is the man for the job (at this point he'd be worth a shot though) but an inject of speed and not swinging for the fences aside from choo and votto at times would be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Some good points. I think the reds lineup has been one dimensional for awhile. It's mostly power based with no productive speed in recent memory. Idk if Robinson is the man for the job (at this point he'd be worth a shot though) but an inject of speed and not swinging for the fences aside from choo and votto at times would be welcome.
    Drew Stubbs.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Drew Stubbs.
    Key word being productive. When he was on base he could do some damage but he was on so inconsistently it really didnt matter.

Key word being productive. When he was on base he could do some damage but he was on so inconsistently it really didnt matter.
    His first season he was productive.

I know, I know. Chris Heisey sux.

Here are a couple of numbers to consider though:

1) Chris Heisey's line drive average is 24%. League average is 22%
    2) Chris Heisey's BABIP is .220. League average is .293.
    3) On line drives Chris Heisey's line slash line is: .385/1.000/1.385. League average is .682/.982/1.664.
    4) Chris Heisey is probably the best defensive left fielder the Reds have.

Yes, Heisey is off to a slow start. But he hasn't gotten much luck to date. These things even out over the long haul.

Thanks,

Chris Heisey's Brother.
    And on days when its raining he hits .351

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    And on days when its raining he hits .351
    What exactly was the point of your post?

What exactly was the point of your post?
    same as yours..stop spending so much time looking at stats..and just watch him play

His first season he was productive.
    He put up nice numbers in 2010 out of the 7 hole. He still struck out 168 times. Put the ball in play. Put pressure on the defense. Not to take anything away from that season, but he could have been more productive to the team if he realized he was a fast guy with some pop instead of a power hitter and worked on better contact and getting on base. Overall in his years with the reds, Just too many Ks and a hole in the lineup. So in the grand scheme he was unproductive.

14. Likes:

coachpipe (04-29-2013)

same as yours..stop spending so much time looking at stats..and just watch him play
    I have watched him play. For three plus years.

He put up nice numbers in 2010 out of the 7 hole. He still struck out 168 times. Put the ball in play. Put pressure on the defense. Not to take anything away from that season, but he could have been more productive to the team if he realized he was a fast guy with some pop instead of a power hitter and worked on better contact and getting on base. Overall in his years with the reds, Just too many Ks and a hole in the lineup. So in the grand scheme he was unproductive.
    Don't hold your breath waiting for Robinson to be productive. Unless you think you look good in blue.

By watching him play I see he has value for this team when used in the correct role. He's easily in the top two in speed. Has the best D with the exception of Bruce's arm in the outfield. Is a good bunter. He's absolutely smoked some balls that have been caught too. It looks like he's dipping his back shoulder more than last year hence the popups. The guy isn't horrible and should be on the team. He's just not an everyday starter. Use him to pinch hit where he can turn on a fastball and pick spot starts against pitchers he can exploit and hell be a good piece like in years past.

Turn Off Ads?