Turn Off Ads?

Thread: XM broadcasts

XM broadcasts

I thought that XM always played the home team's broadcast. I'm getting the Twins guys today on 178. Killing me! I'd MUCH rather be listening to 700.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: XM broadcasts

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    I thought that XM always played the home team's broadcast. I'm getting the Twins guys today on 178. Killing me! I'd MUCH rather be listening to 700.
    I thought the same thing............but I flipped to 700 wlw on XM, and they had a talk show on, so I don't think they are doing the game at all. We should be lucky we've got the game at all.

OOOPPS, I just posted on the game thread concerning this.

Did you hear the first inning?

The Twins announcers hammered on Adam Dunn in the first inning. They talked about him saying he does not want to play first base because it is to much work for him to take extra grounders etc. The announcers also mentioned the fact he had only 5 RBI's in September.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Add my voice to the irritated, was looking forward to hearing Thom/Brantley, anyone know why we can't? Matt, any way to ask XM about this?

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    I thought the same thing............but I flipped to 700 wlw on XM, and they had a talk show on, so I don't think they are doing the game at all. We should be lucky we've got the game at all.

WLW can not broadcast Reds games on their XM channell due to the XM mlb deal. On Thursday XM had the Pirates broadcasting crew and WLW broadcast the game on the radio but replayed a talkshow on XM.
    I don't know why the Reds crew wasn't on XM last night, maybe they didn't do the game and the Twins guys was the all that was available.

I did think that XM was going to offer both the home and away broadcast this year. Did anyone else hear this?

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

the xm broadcast should definitely have been the wlw feed today...according to xm the home team is always the one that is aired....friday's was only broadcast by the twins...

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    the xm broadcast should definitely have been the wlw feed today...according to xm the home team is always the one that is aired....friday's was only broadcast by the twins...
    Yeah that didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by Hollcat View Post
    I don't know why the Reds crew wasn't on XM last night, maybe they didn't do the game and the Twins guys was the all that was available.

I did think that XM was going to offer both the home and away broadcast this year. Did anyone else hear this?
    Firday's game was considered a road game for the Reds plus the WLW schedule said there would be no radio broadcast scheduled for March 2.
    http://www.700wlw.com/pages/cincysports_reds.html

I am on the XM forums everyday and there has been no word from them (XM) concerning both teams broadcast for the same game. It would be awesome but there is just not enough bandwidth to make this happen. Maybe with the possible merger with SIRIUS this could happen in the future.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Turn Off Ads?