Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/5/12 - Reds at Padres

Re: 7/5/12 - Reds at Padres

That's a lot of ground for inexperience in CF. Is Ludwick hurt?

2. Turn Off Ads?

It truly boggles my mind how ignorant Dusty is. If I was Votto, I'd be furious. I'm sure he is deep down, but would never say anything about it.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    That's a lot of ground for inexperience in CF. Is Ludwick hurt?
    Don't you get it? Dusty is challenging Volquez to throw something even Heisey won't swing at, thereby seeing if he can really mess with his control.

Pure genius!

I can't wait to watch the boys hack tonight!

And batting Valdez 2nd and playing in him CF is hilarious, but CFers hit 2nd dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Cozart continuing to leadoff is worse than Valdez batting second tonight, IMO.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Random: I was checking Cards/Rox box score to learn something of Fowler. As I was skimming through, I noticed something very frustrating: the lowest BA for the cards is .277 for Furcal. Almost every hitter sans pother is at .300. Is that a hitting coach thing or just good drafting and smart trades? Could it also simply be lineup construction? I want out lowest avg in our lineup to be .240, let alone .270+. Something needs to change and it ain't playing Valdez in center. Terrible lineup once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Cozart continuing to leadoff is worse than Valdez batting second tonight, IMO.
    I dunno, Valdez's career OBP is 287.

At least Cozart makes up for his his .300 OBP with a little pop.

Quote Originally Posted by cbowen2112 View Post
    Random: I was checking Cards/Rox box score to learn something of Fowler. As I was skimming through, I noticed something very frustrating: the lowest BA for the cards is .277 for Furcal. Almost every hitter sans pother is at .300. Is that a hitting coach thing or just good drafting and smart trades? Could it also simply be lineup construction? I want out lowest avg in our lineup to be .240, let alone .270+. Something needs to change and it ain't playing Valdez in center. Terrible lineup once again.
    what is this "BA" you speak of?

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    British Airways?

BA Baracus?

Bad Attitude?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Rox lowest is .250. Good lord! Something has got to give.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    British Airways?

BA Baracus?

Bad Attitude?
    It is a mystical creature. A legend told to children far across the lands.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by cbowen2112 View Post
    Could it also simply be lineup construction?
    Do you seriously think if you simply reshuffle the order you will change .230 hitters into .290 hitters?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Do you seriously think if you simply reshuffle the order you will change .230 hitters into .290 hitters?
    If you have people protected and in spots where they will see better pitches, yes. Confidence is also huge. Maybe .230 to .260 or .270 easily.

Harang and Volquez back to back.

Problem w/ Volky....are there any hitters besides JV in the lineup patient enough to expose his control issues?
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

"So Fla Red"

This gem courtesy of reds44 in the main forum via Fay

Stubbs will likely be back be back in the lineup today. He’ll also likely be in the second spot, i.e, Baker is not considering doing him down in the lineup.

“He took off this year when I put him second,” Baker said. “You hope, during the course of the year, whoever I put in front of Joey (Votto) takes off. Like I keep saying it’s like putting your finger in the dike trying to re-arrange things.

“He’s one my one main speed threat. If you drop him down to seventh and he steals, they’ll walk the catcher to get to the pitcher.”

I don't even know where to begin with this Dusty-ism...

Turn Off Ads?